How Will You Know When You've Reached Your Goal (s)?
Saturday, November 29, 2008
That was the question posed by today's "Healthy Reflection" email from SP.
It got me thinking a bit, as I agree with their point that "If you can clearly state and see what your vision is, you're well on your way to seeing it come to life."
While I have some ideas, I'm feeling a need to hone in a bit better on this and thought we could make an interesting message thread as we bounce ideas together.
Here are some of my "Signs I've Reached My Goals":
1) fitting into normal-sized clothes
2) fitting into normal-sized seating (restaurants, amusement park rides, theaters, etc.)
3) being able to enjoy physical activities either I'd long ago abandoned and / or never even attempted (biking, anticipating cross-country skiing, etc.).
4) cutting back on my prescription meds (for hypertension, cardiovascular benefits, etc.)
5) having greater energy levels, with less fatigue plaguing my day-to-day life.
However, since I've reached these goals to a great degree, what's next?
One thing that would REALLY make me feel I had TRULY arrived would be to feel comfortable going shirtless in public!
Another goal I'm GREATLY looking forward to is to bike the 34 mile Kalhaven Trail this spring with my son.
I'm also looking forward to tackling cross-country skiing this winter.
I think one way we know we've reached our goals is to always have MORE goals toward which we're striving! :-)