Today is July 20; this blog is to update progress on meeting my goals for the summer. This is a follow up for week ending July 12th and 20th. My overall goal is to take steps that will allow me to live a healthy and fit lifestyle. With that said my goal this summer is to lose 15 pounds by September 1. The following are the steps that I will be taking to make this happen.
• Complete three cardio workouts where my heart rate is in the 80% zone. (I hope the majority of the time these workouts will be on my bike).
Well over the last two weeks I completed 5 workouts via the bike two were 25 mile bike rides. They challenged my weakness on the bike which is climbing hills. The new route that we have been riding over the last two weeks has been a variety of terrain.
• Complete three cardio workouts where my heart rate is between 65% and 80%.
I have gotten on the spinning bike for exercise once or twice when we did not go biking. But I would say the majority of my cardio outside of the rides on the bike have been yard work. This year to save gas we purchased hand push mower (no motor) I can mow the front lawn in 30 minutes. But it usually takes about an hour because I mow over the same line twice.
• Eat within my calorie range for 6 of the seven days. Including 4 vegetables and 2 fruits a day.
I have been doing great at staying within my calories for the six days. What I have struggled with over the last couple of days is getting in the fruits. But we picked up some peaches to add a new choice in the fruit. That means that some of the choices may not be the best.
• Do a weekly blog on my accomplishments for the week.
I am doing great for July 20 but missed for July 12. But I am back on track for this goal and making a point in keep on track for the rest of the summer.
• Keep a daily journal.
So far I have not manage to get this one going.
The main reasons for wanting to lead a healthy lifestyle are to move me towards a life that will be filled with physical activities as well as traveling.
1. To be in physical shape that will allow me to travel in comfort both in a car and on airplane for long distances.
2. To be more comfortable with myself in crowds and not be subconscious, with myself due to my weight.
3. To no longer be considered very obese.
4. To allow me to feel more comfortable in my clothes.
5. Improve my biking skills so that I can keep up with my friends, so I do not have to hold them back from getting a good workout.
6. To complete a century ride on my bike with out it taking 8 hours.
7. To decrease my health risk associated with obesity.
My friends want me to do a fifty mile bike ride on August 9th. But after review the ride that we are planning to ride it turns out that it will be 66 miles. I have not yet decided if I am going to do the fifty (66) or maybe I will do the 33 mile ride. But I will let you know on August 10 in my weekly blog.
Kris – Mynewlifestyle1