Wednesday, June 18, 2008
So our Challenge today is to list five things we like about ourselves and 3 things we want to accomplish by the end of the year. Well here goes.
Things other people and I like about me:
1. Smile - I don't know exactly why, but ever since I was twelve I have had people comment that my smile brightened their day. Sounds crazy I know, but this Sunday I got that exact same comment and I didn't even realize I was smiling!
2. Compassionate - I try my best to think about things from other people's point of view, to understand what they may be thinking or going through, and listen. I always try to lend a shoulder or hug when needed.
3. Helpful - I love helping people. I am always ready to help if you need me. I just wish more people would ask for help!
4. Loving - I have a great deal of love in my hear and life. I love my husband, my kids and my family so much it hurts and I could never put it into words.
5. Faith - I love that I cry during worship service almost every Sunday. I love that I have a God I can rely on during any and every Storm that crosses my path. I love that I have been saved by the power of Jesus Christ and that he can use me to bring others to Him. Not by my preaching from a roof top, but by having a 'gentle and quiet spirit' that can only come from Him.
Three goals for 2008:
1. To get to the 160's and stay there!
To help this goal, stay on spark all year and not neglect coming to this site, that is when the pounds come back!
2. To make morning quiet times with God a priority!
Start with daily devotional and Prayer list.
3. To develop more meaningful friendships!
Take time to develop friendships with people. Less hi and bye more deep conversations and support. I need this in my life.