Thursday, June 05, 2008
It's already past 10 p.m. and I haven't started packing for the weekend in Maine, but I really want to write a quick blog anyway. I was at 151.4 today (yay), had a 2nd cup of coffee with lunch, and a pretty good workout consisting of 25 minutes of legs strength/stretching and 65 minutes of pretty heavy elliptical (not fun). I made another batch of Mexican lasagna that is just now cooling from the oven... so that at least I will have something ready to eat on Monday after a whole weekend with no time to cook. And boy do I love my Mexican lasagna.
Maybe this is a bit obessive, but I decided today to weigh my fruit and vegetables and use the weight as the measure when entering on my tracker rather than the estimates of "large" or "small" etc. One of my staples, sweet potatoes, didn't even have a weight option on the SP database so I entered it myself from another website - including ALL the micronutrients/protein breakdowns/types of sugars etc etc etc...only to then realize I was overestimating the calories because I had weighed a RAW sweet potato but the nutrition info was for COOKED. So, OCD-girl that I am, I then redid the whole thing for a raw sweet potato. Well, unfortunately I found that EVERY fruit and vegetable ended up being more calories when doing it this way. So I was over 1,700 calories today by mistake. So...everything I said yesterday about how I feel when I eat various calorie amounts was based on the calorie understimates. I dunno...if it was working before, and it's more work this way, maybe I should just do it the old way.
I was really hoping to do some extended planning in my blog about my weekend away.. would be boring for anyone reading, but helpful for me. But I don't have time. I will just list the basics:
1. Friday's food is already all planned. Don't deviate (except with controlled substitutions).
2. Saturday and Sunday breakfast will be my own cereal, nuts, fruit, and yogurt. (Not sure yet exactly how much of each, but better figure that out soon and pack it all up in a cooler! Stress!)
3. All other meals and snacks will be ONE REASONABLE PORTION of what everybody else is having, with an emphasis on the healthy stuff and very little of anything obviously unhealthy.
4. Like I mentioned before, I will use every tactic I know to cut down/avoid/trick myself into thinking I'm full/etc.
5. You already know by now that I am obsessed. So I'm bringing my scale. I've done this on several vacations in the past. Sometimes all it does is let me watch as I gain several pounds. NOT THIS TIME.
6. I will exercise on Sat. and Sun. I'd like to go for jogs along the beach or in the woods or somewhere cool like that.
7. I'm going to plan Monday's food before I go, one less thing to worry about when I get back.