Thursday, April 24, 2008
Being vegan leaves me open to all kinds of questions like...
1. Don't you miss (insert food here, favs are steak, cheese, fish)?
2. Where do you get protein?
3. What do you eat all day, salad?
Here are some answers:
1. Sometimes, but my health is more important than brie!
2. Soy, nuts, seeds, veggies. Besides, you need less protein than you think.
3. Well no, there are lots of foods out there that don't have meat or dairy in it.
But, being overweight...there is an added layer....people look and I feel like they are thinking...why would I bother, it hasn't helped her health?
I wish I could explain to them that my choice to be vegan doesn't strip away the other issues in my life. Think about it - a bag of potato chips or a bean burrito are vegan, but don't exactly add up to a healthy diet!
So please, think about going vegan, and when you do it, yes, eat salad...you'll be healthy AND thin.