Friday, August 12, 2011
Tonight I'm hurting for my husband, who worked for over a decade in an office that was like family to him, only to be thrown under the bus.
Please post your revenge fantasies, be it ex-lovers, ex-employers, ex-landlords, etc. I don't care. And it's not karmic-ly copacetic.
I just need to feel better and vent vicariously. And, if I can vent via everyone else, I won't incur any karmic debt, right? (must stop thinking how to get ostrich eggs and dead fish down someone's chimney w/out getting caught!)
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Three things weighing on me today, that I want to cast out of my mind, so I may sleep more lightly (and wake to tread more lightly on the scale!):
1) Husband is still looking for work. Lots of interviews, some missteps, no money coming in. Oy.
2) One of my oldest friends (for 36 years!) met someone through a dating site, and he proposed to her after 2 months of dating. He's been divorced for 8 months. Um.....my head is saying NO NO NO! Something just isn't right, and she hasn't talked girlfriend-to-girlfriend with me AT ALL. Weird. When she texted (yep, not even an email or call) that he'd given her a ring last night, I really didn't know what to say that wasn't alarming! So I just texted back: Congrats!
3) My Mom confided in me that they may be moving into an assisted-living place in the Spring. They've had a place in mind for a while, but both of my parents are fairly active, so I thought....way off in the future. My dad has had a few heart issues, though, and may be getting a pace maker. Surprisingly, he is the one pushing for moving in sooner, rather than later. It wasn't so bad discussing it with my mom, though, because we joked about how much crap my parents have and yard sales and such. And stabbing relatives to get what you want. (Her sister swiped a lot of my Grandma's stuff when no one was around.)
Anyway! Too much to process in one day, so I'm sending it out on virtual prayer flags to the Universe.
Thursday, August 04, 2011
A friend forwarded this article from Slate to me. I think it's true!
Monday, August 01, 2011
I can think of a gazillion things that are terrible about this Summer, many due to the incessant high temps and lack of water.
But I actually thought of two GOOD things heat-related:
1) my appetite is actually suppressed, and
2) NO MOSQUITOES. I can't believe it, but it seems to be the case.
OK, off to bed. DH's first day tomorrow. Hello, new Life!
Sunday, July 31, 2011
It's the end of July, and I want to get as many points this month as possible, especially since travel and other issues knocked holes in my plans.
Still not getting enough sleep (Midnight to five a.m. last night, finally gave up and got up around 6), but being productive. Have already washed and hung out to dry two loads of laundry and am about to do a third. Swept the front sidewalk and driveway. Watered the front yard.
Now it's almost 10 and I want to go back to bed!
Since I was up too early and already had too many "must-do" thoughts coursing through my brain, I went ahead and wrote a long note to myself about what I need to get done in the next couple of days. I think August is going to be a very interesting month. Oh yeah, and Merc goes retro in a few days.
DH starts his first contract job on Tuesday. It's a special day for us---my mom's birthday, and the day DH proposed to me 13 years ago!
All-in-all, good omens and hope on the horizon!
Get An Email Alert Each Time _UMAMI_ Posts