Monday, August 15, 2011
And I mean mental as in...I'm going mental(ly crazy).
I've had cramps for TWO DAYS. I never ever get cramps like this! I've been waddling around swaybacked, as if pregnant again. Could be due to not taking my usual supplements (? b6, fish oil, etc.) or too much salt Chez Parents or whut??? Hasn't been this bad in ages. I told DH I'm going to call Roto-Rooter.
So....feeling like a stuck pig, and want to move on from this. Trying to figure out how to get *back* into the positive frame of mind I had fleetingly over the past few weeks. It's hard to see the positive when I get back into the rut of school drives, tedious chores, no money coming in, etc.
When I was swimming a lot, just being in the moment, what came to me when I asked, "WHAT DO I DO?" was, "THINK BIG". And I replied, "WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN, UNIVERSE?"
Thus, my goal this week is to 1) Think outside the box, 2) Make a PLAN that starts 8/22 (first day of school!) and 3) address some of my own issues outside of family issues. I need to THINK (but not overthink) and make some changes to get out of this rut.
My favorite, simple thing to do to get out of a rut is to be more spontaneous and to just do something out of mode. Drive a different route to your usual destination, listen to a different radio program, part your hair on the opposite side, get up an hour earlier, have breakfast for dinner....WHATEVER.
Toss your life up in the air and see where it lands.
Friday, August 12, 2011
Tonight I'm hurting for my husband, who worked for over a decade in an office that was like family to him, only to be thrown under the bus.
Please post your revenge fantasies, be it ex-lovers, ex-employers, ex-landlords, etc. I don't care. And it's not karmic-ly copacetic.
I just need to feel better and vent vicariously. And, if I can vent via everyone else, I won't incur any karmic debt, right? (must stop thinking how to get ostrich eggs and dead fish down someone's chimney w/out getting caught!)
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Three things weighing on me today, that I want to cast out of my mind, so I may sleep more lightly (and wake to tread more lightly on the scale!):
1) Husband is still looking for work. Lots of interviews, some missteps, no money coming in. Oy.
2) One of my oldest friends (for 36 years!) met someone through a dating site, and he proposed to her after 2 months of dating. He's been divorced for 8 months. Um.....my head is saying NO NO NO! Something just isn't right, and she hasn't talked girlfriend-to-girlfriend with me AT ALL. Weird. When she texted (yep, not even an email or call) that he'd given her a ring last night, I really didn't know what to say that wasn't alarming! So I just texted back: Congrats!
3) My Mom confided in me that they may be moving into an assisted-living place in the Spring. They've had a place in mind for a while, but both of my parents are fairly active, so I thought....way off in the future. My dad has had a few heart issues, though, and may be getting a pace maker. Surprisingly, he is the one pushing for moving in sooner, rather than later. It wasn't so bad discussing it with my mom, though, because we joked about how much crap my parents have and yard sales and such. And stabbing relatives to get what you want. (Her sister swiped a lot of my Grandma's stuff when no one was around.)
Anyway! Too much to process in one day, so I'm sending it out on virtual prayer flags to the Universe.
Thursday, August 04, 2011
A friend forwarded this article from Slate to me. I think it's true!
Monday, August 01, 2011
I can think of a gazillion things that are terrible about this Summer, many due to the incessant high temps and lack of water.
But I actually thought of two GOOD things heat-related:
1) my appetite is actually suppressed, and
2) NO MOSQUITOES. I can't believe it, but it seems to be the case.
OK, off to bed. DH's first day tomorrow. Hello, new Life!
Get An Email Alert Each Time _UMAMI_ Posts