Thursday, May 31, 2012
1. Live life each day like it could be your last! (accidents happen!)
2. Start your day doing something you love -it gets the ball rolling for a positive day!
3. Don't worry about the future -you can't predict it.
4. Practice forgiveness -holding a grudge just builds anxiety and ulcers.
5. Declutter -the unessential junk in your life prevents you from seeing clearly.
6. To improve your performance stop thinking about it, it will come when you are ready.
7. Laugh every day, it really is the best medicine
8. See the world through a child's eyes -never lose that wonderment -its an amazing world!
9. Take a risk -do something you never have done before -it challenges you to improve.
10. Step out side the box -do something unexpected.
11. Spend a part of your day quietly -away from the electronics, everything -destress, relax, meditate, connect with a higher power what ever it takes to totally be free of worry.
12. Accept that life isn't a bowl of cherries and move on.
13. Face problems head on, they aren't going away.
14. Honesty really is the best policy -not only with loved ones and friends but with YOURSELF!
15. Be a good listener -sometimes that is all one needs..
16. Maintain your perspective are your troubles really world ending?
17. Keep a journal or blog -it keeps you accountable and illustrates the track you are on.
18. Forget the past -its done and over, and crying over it won't change anything.
19, To make the most of time, lose track of it. Get it done, and stop watching the clock!
20. Do the nastiest chore first, get it over with and the rest will come easier.
21. Exercise in the morning before the excuses and life builds up during the day.
22. You don't know everything. Forgive yourself for being wrong and learn from mistakes.
23. Love yourself -you are worth it and deserve respect.
24. No deprivation -you can have anything you want in moderation.
25. Connect with nature -getting somewhere green and quiet is very calming.
26. Volunteer -make a difference, makes you feel good too.
27. Pay it forward -help a stranger, the world needs more kindness.
28. Cherish your parents -they may die before you get a chance to say you love them
29. You are never too busy for a hug.
30. That which doesn't kill you will make you stronger.
31. There is always something you can do even if you are disabled.
32. Pain really does ease up when you exercise more.
33. Make a living will -if you don't want to be resuscitated then make sure everyone knows it.
34. Save a life -donate blood or be an organ donor.
35. The sun will also rise again tomorrow.
36. Never be afraid to ask. Its not about looking stupid, just learning and saving trial and error.
37. Elderly people are full of wisdom, cherish them, don't ignore them.
38. Eat 9-13 servings of freggies a day -low calories and not much room for anything else :)
39. If its in the house, you will eat it -make it a junk free zone.
40. Start small, gradually work your way up, its the best way to form a habit.
41. Set a regular bedtime and never deviate -sleep is SO important.
42. Be active throughout the day -it makes coping with chronic pain easier as you stay loose.
43. A bad diagnosis isn't the end, its a new beginning of a new chapter of life.
44. Smile -it brightens everyone's day.
45. Never be too proud to ask for help -there is no reason to suffer in silence.
46. Be knowledgeable and informed about your health issues -YOU lead your health care team! Never be afraid to get a second opinion.
47. Learn from your mistakes and become stronger. NEVER, EVER GIVE UP!
48. Strength training is important it helps prevent osteoporosis.
49. Walk more instead of riding around -you see more and can enjoy the neighbour's yards :)
50. Do one fun thing everyday -ENJOY LIFE! You only have one shot at it!
Happy 50th to me!
Peace, Live Long and Prosper!
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Started out my morning 'resting' in, may have gotten four hours sleep, good for me, with the usual wake ups. Then it was breakfast and slathering the Volteran on like it was lotion, and off to Zumba and kickboxing! Enjoyed myself and even the ride there and back wasn't so bad. Then I went to the grocery store to pick a pepper and get my Humira. Then it was back home to put the Humira in the fridge and back out again to a specialty confectionery that sells splints. I got one for my left hand, wrist and thumb. Its stiffer then I would like, wanted something a bit more flexible, but its great support. Not sure if its too stiff for me to exercise in though :( I can't grip anything with it..Then a shower and picking out a nice outfit for the evening. It was a small turnout for our Awards Night, with only 18.5. But they were really happy with how well the steaks were done and tasted. The guys doing the cooking were experts -they took a giant beef tenderloin and managed to slice it all up to get their steaks at a much better cost then buying them already cut!
I enjoyed my baked beans, 1/2 a baked potato with real butter, ceasar salad and Costco buttercream icing cake -there was white and chocolate, so big sinner that I am, had both, and corner pieces to boot. Total damage for the day 4200 calories!! Looks like there will be more workouts in my future -some of those awesome threesomes ;)
Its been a fairly quiet game and I feel bloated like a stuffed turkey. I should know better. Oh well. I don't sleep well anyway. Doubt this will all be digested by the time its bedtime. I ate 142 fat grams for the day, that will slow everything down :P
I hope you all did better with your long weekend holiday!!!
Have a Super Sunday!
Saturday, May 26, 2012
I woke up too early as usual, went to sleep for an hour more, but got up and took my Fosomax. I would have been up early enough to go to the bootcamp class, but after the three classes yesterday, I gave my head a shake, what was I thinking. I needed some recovery time. So I took my medicine, Sparked, had breakfast, Sparked some more, then went right back to bed and woke up in time for lunch preparations. I could feel my muscles today in certain moves, but was quite happy the left arm wasn't any worse. Then off to bridge where my partner and I came second. Then it was back home and I just had time to change and get ready for a Step II class. I had a little difficulty understanding and hearing this instructor properly. Then I finally figured out why. Instead of calling out each upcoming move clearly, she was condensing them into sort of one word. But after seeing the routine a couple of times, I did figure it out. It was run at a fast speed so I could understand why it was done this way. It does keep you guessing when the various instructors all do different steps and patterns..
Tomorrow morning its Zumba and kickboxing, then running the Awards Night at the club.
Enjoy your weekend!
Friday, May 25, 2012
The morning started out tough, with a very cold and very windy ride to Zumba. Once there, I just had fun and a challenge as Glenn ran the class fast :) This is why I like him so much as an instructor -always pushes you to try more, work harder!
Then it was home and I was trying to finish my lunch when Mom knocked on the door and it was a trip to Costco :) For me a light trip -only bought blueberries and saw Kettle brand had put out my favorite chips Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper in a reduced fat version, well just had to try them!!
Back home and scrambled to get some club work done. Ran out of printer ink. My refill did not work, so off to the store, came back and the replacement didn't work either!! In frustration, I asked why not take the chip from the old one as I know its working. Then she realized she gave me the WRONG ONE! Actually, the person who had given me my refill also had given me the wrong one! GRRR. More time wasters!! Then it was off to a back to back class with Glenn -his tough circuit training one and his step. I found I was able to do everything except, of course, the planks -did them on the wall and the donkey kicks, which I modified to one leg at a time. It felt so good to move and get 180 fitness minutes in!! The hot tub was just what I needed after all that. I did have to take a painkiller (6mg dilaudid) to get past the pain in my left arm and it did a good job of keeping it at bay. I came home in a beautiful, calm evening and immediately vacuumed up the mess from all the wind and crap my scooter tracked in. Then I scrubbed up the scooter too. Had a very late dinner -10:30-11:15 pm and realize I probably will be unable to make the 6 am bootcamp class tomorrow morning I was interested as I have to get up even earlier to take my Fosomax and sit quietly for an hour. Insomniac that I am, that is too much even for me. I do have a bridge game tomorrow as someone cancelled on one of my favorites, Mary and she asked me..
Good night and have a Fantastic Friday all!
Thursday, May 24, 2012
I did an hour of intervals on the elliptical to jump start my morning. I got my Humira injection and asked the nurse practitioner to look at the lump on the back of my neck just in my hair. I had had this strange bump on the middle of my head grow, last a week and then finally go down and thought this may be another of those. Turned out it was a TICK! She got it out easily, along with a few of my hairs :P It wasn't bloated, so it had just attached. Wondering where the heck it came from, as I go through no bush or grass in the little concrete jungle where I live!
Then I was off to bridge and the partner I will be playing bridge with in the tournament and I had a second placing. So far, we have had nothing but good games, so it looks like we are peaking at the right time!!!
Back home and getting ready to go to my classes. As the temperature was going down to 2 C (36F), I had to dress for rain AND cold. So back out came the old parka.
Thoroughly enjoyed my classes and the wonderful, soreness saving hot tub after :)
I came home to a smoke flooded apartment and opened my door and window wide, and fortunately, the air suctioned through, clearing it quickly. But I can't have my door hanging open all night, but will keep it there until I hit the sack. At least with the rain I won't get all the dirt blown in. One good thing with all the rain and wind, everything from the trees has blown down to the ground so pollen shouldn't be a problem. The streets and sidewalks are a big mess though.
I have today and Friday off from bridge, then I work the Awards Night at the club Saturday.
Big sweet temptation -Costco's incredible butter cream icing cake!!
Have a Totally Terrific Thursday all! Zumba for my morning and step for my evening :))
Get An Email Alert Each Time _LINDA Posts