Thursday, December 24, 2009
COOKIES AND CHOCOLATE!
Because of the poor economy, I received a lot more gifts of homemade cookies and chocolates from my students..in the past I'd put them in the break room at work, but there seriously is a huge mountain...
I am leaving one of my jobs next week...
Planning on dumping ALL my junk there, and then walking out...forever!
Sunday, December 06, 2009
I've often posted about how I dislike traditional holiday food, so my plan is usually to eat something beforehand and just pick at whatever I consider edible. Yesterday's family party, however, really hit a new low.
- turkey (will eat only with decent sides)
- ham (too much sodium)
- vegetable gratin (too much fat/creamy mystery sauce)
- coleslaw & broccoli salad (mystery fatty dressing)
- stuffing (white bread)
- gravy (do I even have to explain?)
- asparagus steamed until gray (my husband took the last 2 spears, there was none left even if I wanted some)
- mashed potatoes (probably made with a ton of salt and butter)
- pies, cakes, cookies (dislike sweets, especially pie)
So that left me with...raw veggies with a weird dip that I didn't like..
This was my holiday "treat" meal:
3 broccoli florets, 1 strip of red pepper, 1 celery stick, no dip, a glass of water, and 1 clementine. How decadent and delicious. /end sarcasm
I do NOT get how people can gain 10 pounds during the holiday season. I'll be lucky if I don't waste away from hunger! I had brought a whole grain wrap with low sodium, nitrate free chicken, emmenthal cheese, and baby spinach, plus an apple...but I was counting on there being SOMETHING I could eat.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
One subject that won't die is my pregnant marathon running. After receiving a comment on my wall today from a totally random Sparker that could not be in any way construed as well intentioned, I would like to set a couple points straight for the record.
1. The marathon was 10 weeks ago. It is over, done, finito. Even if I had the magical powers to travel back in time, I would not change a thing. The people who have followed my journey from the beginning know that I did not make the decision to run the marathon lightly, that I took precautions to avoid overheating and excess fatigue, and I listened to my body every step of the way. I had the support of my primary care physician and my midwife. There is no point in bashing me now, the past is past.
2. The person who left the comment was offended by my "I ran a marathon at 16W3D pregnant - what's your excuse?" signature. Let me make it abundantly clear I have no problem with a woman in a high risk pregnancy taking it easy for 40 weeks for the health of the baby - the people that I have a problem with are those who are low risk, and perfectly healthy, and yet still choose the couch potato and junk food route. Those women are not doing themselves any favours..they are the ones who risk gaining 40+ pounds during the pregnancy, and then lack the healthy lifestyle habits to lose the weight after.
The only reasons I can think of for this negativity is jealousy and laziness. One of my clients told me that when she was pregnant, her doctor practically begged her to exercise, to go for a short walk, to do SOMETHING, but she refused. Of course not everyone can run a marathon, but as my signature states, what IS your excuse? Don't go hating on me because you're too lazy to get off your duff and go for a walk and plan, cook and eat a healthy meal. And if you STILL feel the need to judge me, at least get all the facts first.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
"Staying weak because of how it might make you look is the same as staying illiterate for fear of appearing nerdy. Stop it. You’re better than that."
Thursday, November 05, 2009
14 races, 6 while preggo, PRs at every distance except 10K, 2 30Ks, 2 marathons, 1 age group award.
I am satisfied with my achievements this year.
2010, of course, will be the year of Operation Post-Cheeto Flab Attack.
Planned race schedule thus far (shorter races will be added as time/energy permits):
5/2/10 - Sporting Life 10K (looking for that 10K PR!!!)
late spring half marathon - to be decided
8/28/10 - TO Womens 5K
9/6/10 - Oakville Labour Day Half Marathon
10/17/10 - GoodLife Fitness Toronto Marathon
Get An Email Alert Each Time ZORBS13 Posts