Thursday, August 19, 2010
This is how much I weigh today: 151.8 lbs.
As part of my efforts to remove the shame I feel around my weight, I'm committed to posting it every Wednesday. I need all of you, my wonderfully supportive friends, to stick w/ me through this process. My fear is that I'll be abandoned just b/c I weight XXX lbs. Sounds silly I know, but since I'm being honest, might as well throw it out there.
So, what successes did I have this week that have nothing, zero, zip, nada, to do w/ my weight?
- Had a solid 5.25 mile run this evening & a great 4 mile run on Monday.
- Did 10 mins of yoga stretches after tonight's run. It's a big deal since I'm not a stretcher lol.
- Had my blood drawn for the vitamin D test my doctor ordered.
- Practiced eating slowly & mindfully. There were times I ate quickly but practice makes progress.
- Read for 30-60 mins most nights. I'm reading two books, one non-fiction about sea turtles & a fiction one in The Magdalene Line series by Kathleen McGowan.
- Openly shared my weight w/ DH. I tend to want to lie or avoid telling him b/c I feel afraid that he'll leave me b/c I still struggle w/ it. OK, so this kinda has to do w/ the scale but the important takeaway is that I honestly communicated to him :)
- Went to the beach for a day w/ my friend D, her two kids (my niece & nephew), & her mom. We went whale watching!
- Got copies of 2006 supplier contracts that someone's been waiting on for weeks. Got a pat on the back from my director & from the person requesting the documents!
- Regularly logged into SP & connected w/ my teams & friends. Without you guys I don't know where I'd be!
Dang, I think I had a great week!
Reminder to myself: I'm more than my weight. I'm a friend, wife, sister, daughter, student, athlete, runner, kickboxer, yogi, all around super awesome human being!