Thursday, May 12, 2011
I think it's the food tracking... or that I'm eating some things similar to what I used to eat? I dunno. But I'm feeling that old SPARK today.
In spite of the fact that I woke up late ( 9 min before I HAD to leave the house or be late!) and got ready SO fast and grabbed some random bits and pieces of food to make today not starving..... hahaha.
But I made it to work on time, and prepared for the day - so all is well.
Got in a good run yesterday - was sooo sore starting out, but running always feels better after a while when I start out sore, everyting feels good later. That's the magic of it all! And I wasn't even going super slow for me - running portion on the way out was average 12:05 min mile and on the way back was 11:51 min mile - not speedy, but that's about last years goal half marathon pace, so it's not slogging either, for me. Went home and got in a SHOWER before I headed back to band. I was a little late, but only a couple of people were there when I got there! IT was strange, most of the rest of the band showed up after about 10-15 min of us waiting and we had a decent rehearsal - really just sight read a bunch of new charts, so it was fun.
Turns out my zumba-ites are returning to me, and that we are changing our start time to much earlier - instead of 6PM, we're planning to start at like 5:15-:20 so I will be able to leave sooner, get home sooner, have more time w/ my hubby and waste less time hanging around after work. It's win win win for me - especially since I'm growing on the idea of going to BodyPump on Monday and Power Yoga on Friday.... :)
I need to make 10 goals today again for the challenge:
1. Start either back at school or personal training certification
2. Be consistent in tracking my food intake (6/7 days a week tracking 100%)
3. Strive to eat primarily from whole foods
4. Cook dinner at least 3x a week - not sandwiches. :) (I love cooking but sometimes I have been slacking in this area - when I cook, we eat better, and I feel better!) I ALWAYS prepare dinner, unless we eat out or eat with the family, but sometimes it's BLT's or grilled cheese and soup and I do not count that as cooking. I will count pasta. haha. But NO SANDWICHES will count as cooking!
5. Finally make some homemade bread, even if it's with the breadmaker.
6. Get back on the water to row at some point within a year - by 5/2012
7. Do my homemade gifts as promised on Facebook!
8. Make something for someone for Christmas. I'm not going to set one of those goals to make something homemade for everyone, it gets overwhelming, but I can manage ONE THING!
9. Finish the Soldier Half Marathon Nov 2011
10. Keep aquajogging occasionall as Cross training - 1x per month