Sunday, May 19, 2013
I know... there are LOTS of blogs about this book... and here is mine!
Started reading it yesterday, Saturday. Should be finished in the next couple of days. (Slow reader, coupled with want to absorb it.) SUPER excited about how organized the book is, easy to follow, flexibility and of course doing it with Spark Community Support in Spark Community Fashion!!!! (You know, with love and support for each other!) I have read books like this before, but on my own, trying to motivate myself. YAY Sparks for being the first to have a book that MANY people are reading together, supporting each other!
Kind of brings a tear in my eye... but a SPARK in my... well, butt. MOTIVATED to get my butt in gear!!!
Monday, March 04, 2013
So, my face hurt all last week (I need a root canal and my tooth is in pain) so I did not get on the treadmill once. Not once. Weekly weigh in was yesterday and up .5, after loosing 5. So, it seems that when I run, I loose. When I don't run... I don't loose.
Moral of the storyÉ tonight I am getting my "boot-ay" on that treadmill!
Sunday, February 24, 2013
OK, so it has been about 8 weeks since I started my "I Love My Life" program. I feel like 8 weeks is a short time, considering I have my whole like to continue the process. While I am still not tall, thin and blond I feel like I have made some accomplishments.
- I am up to running 1.65 miles, compared to ZERO, which is what I was running 8 weeks ago.
- I am 6 pounds lighter. Not a huge accomplishment, but I will take it!
- I feel more energetic than 8 weeks ago, which is when I could not WAIT to get on the couch for the day.
- I only stop for "junk" breakfast once every two weeks compared to once every other day. (Those BLASTED Speedway Breakfast Sandwiches are too addicting.)
I am NOT done though. In the next 8 weeks I want to:
- Run 3 miles.
- Lose 6 more pounds
- A LOT more fruit and less cheese.
- STAY IN THE WAGON! IN the wagon, BUCKLED up and NOT leaving it.
As for the tall and blond part of my change... NOT going to happen. Buuuutt!!! You take what you can get, right?
Monday, February 18, 2013
Thought my Spark friends would enjoy!
A little “health” poem:
The best six doctors anywhere
and no one can deny it,
are sunshine, water, rest, and air,
exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
if only you are willing;
your mind they'll ease,
your will they'll mend,
and charge you not a shilling.
~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields, What the River Knows, 1990
Get An Email Alert Each Time ZENXB! Posts