Friday, November 14, 2008
Just thought I'd post this little guy's photo today - The election and Veteran's Day are past, but there's no time likethe present to keep our country, our troops and our vets in prayer. Thanks for serving, Dad!
It's hard to believe that a week from tomorrow I'll be on a plane heading across the Atlantic. I have SO much to do - and I'm keeping a paper bag handy for possible panic attacks (not really, but I do occasionally have to remind myself to breath). I hope to get some Spark time in this weekend to catch up on y'all.
Monday, November 03, 2008
I feel like I had a productive day today. None of the things I got done was really major, but mostly I'm happy I didn't WASTE a lot of time worrying about what to do next, and just DID it.
- Had winter tires put on the car
- Went to dr to have my veins checked
- Got measured for new support stockings
- Went to the bank, got cash, deposited a check and talked to someone about deferring loan payments for a couple of months - got a yes!
- Fitness studio - talked to director about putting membership on hold - got a yes!
- Called the German train company to talk about getting out of my contract - need to write
- Called lung doctor to get prescription corrected - they're mailing it
- Got the first of three shots at the urologist - no side effects, yay!
- Updated paperwork at the language school
- Did some window shopping and bought 4 small Christmas gifts (blown glass ornaments)
- Cashed in my full Subway card for an almost-free lunch!
- Did some OT reading, listened to/took notes on one of the lectures (Hosea)
- Picked up 3 referral forms from my GP dr, to specialists I still need to see - visited with 2 friends from church.
- Quick trip to the grocery store - visited with friend from church
- Walked to town and back ca. 30 minutes - visited with friend from seniors group on the way
- Checked my email, Facebook, and updated Spark trackers
- Enjoyed the warm, sunny Indian summer afternoon after the morning fog!
I need to have a BUNCH more days like this before I leave for the States!
Thanks for reading if you got this far :) I needed to write this all down today to remind myself to keep plugging away!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
For the One-Day Challenge Team, I'm supposed to blog today. I was going to wait till tomorrow - but, hey, I can blog again tomorrow too.
I'm excited about month-end (where did it go anyway?) because I'm going to meet my cardio goal, after missing out completely in September due my emergency stateside trip. I'm also working at accumulating Spark points so that I can claim my next trophy tomorrow. Wonder if I can get 127 points between now and the end of the month?
Yesterday, we also had fun on the Christians At Goal and Maintaining team board. Our three fearless leaders invested a lot of time, love and imagination in a special one-year anniversary virtual celebration for the team, including a trip to a wellness resort, hourly drawings for prizes (Spark goodies!), a banquet prepared by a world-renowned chef, with the fireworks display on Mount Rushmore to close out the day.
Love my Spark teams! Love my Spark buddies! Love Spark People!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Reviewing my October goals with one week to go:
1) I've been doing my 30 minutes of exercise a day, so my streak is at 27 days.
2) Track food two days a week--- got off to a good start, but have slacked off this past week. Will track this weekend.
3) Minimum 7 hours of sleep a night --- Not doing so well there. Have been averaging around 6-7, though.
4) Make and go to doctor appointments, and get meds in preparation for trip to the States --- have had 3 appointments and have two more scheduled. Want to try to get in to see the eye doctor, too, but may not have time to schedule that.
5) 1200 cardio minutes --- I have 335 minutes to go to reach my cardio goal for the month. I usually go Nordic walking on Saturday for a total of 75 minutes. Sunday, weather permitting, I'll go NW again for about 60. That leaves 5 days to get in 190 minutes. That's 38 minutes a day. I can do that!
How are you doing toward your goals?
Get An Email Alert Each Time ZELLAZM Posts