Thursday, October 30, 2008
For the One-Day Challenge Team, I'm supposed to blog today. I was going to wait till tomorrow - but, hey, I can blog again tomorrow too.
I'm excited about month-end (where did it go anyway?) because I'm going to meet my cardio goal, after missing out completely in September due my emergency stateside trip. I'm also working at accumulating Spark points so that I can claim my next trophy tomorrow. Wonder if I can get 127 points between now and the end of the month?
Yesterday, we also had fun on the Christians At Goal and Maintaining team board. Our three fearless leaders invested a lot of time, love and imagination in a special one-year anniversary virtual celebration for the team, including a trip to a wellness resort, hourly drawings for prizes (Spark goodies!), a banquet prepared by a world-renowned chef, with the fireworks display on Mount Rushmore to close out the day.
Love my Spark teams! Love my Spark buddies! Love Spark People!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Reviewing my October goals with one week to go:
1) I've been doing my 30 minutes of exercise a day, so my streak is at 27 days.
2) Track food two days a week--- got off to a good start, but have slacked off this past week. Will track this weekend.
3) Minimum 7 hours of sleep a night --- Not doing so well there. Have been averaging around 6-7, though.
4) Make and go to doctor appointments, and get meds in preparation for trip to the States --- have had 3 appointments and have two more scheduled. Want to try to get in to see the eye doctor, too, but may not have time to schedule that.
5) 1200 cardio minutes --- I have 335 minutes to go to reach my cardio goal for the month. I usually go Nordic walking on Saturday for a total of 75 minutes. Sunday, weather permitting, I'll go NW again for about 60. That leaves 5 days to get in 190 minutes. That's 38 minutes a day. I can do that!
How are you doing toward your goals?
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I've been working long days at the language school this past week, working on getting some funds together for my trip. So, I haven't been keeping up on SP, but now with the weekend upon us, I have a bit of time to catch up. Even better, my student for today cancelled at the last minute. That means I still get paid but don't have to go into the city. Yay!
So, what to do? I'll be going Nordic walking later but, till then, I want to make some progress on the apartment. I may have a subletter for at least part of the time I'm in the US so there's LOTS to do in the four weeks before my departure. Time to make a list to counter IGAD (I've Got All Day syndrome)!
An update on my plans: I'm flying to the States on November 22nd with a return flight booked for August 2009. I've been granted a leave of absence at the language school, have talked to the pastor at the church where I serve, and am working on all the details that a temporary move like this entails. I'm trying not to think of this as a huge thing, but it is. In my prayer time, the Lord reassures me that everything will be fine. Guess I need to remember to "pray without ceasing" to keep that mindset!
Friday, October 17, 2008
I was down a pound on Monday! But I've been doing some emotional eating since then. Stressing out a bit about all that needs to be done before my trip to the States, and also fighting a cold. But hanging in there none the less...
DMom is able to talk again! She had the tracheal breathing tube taken out on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to chatting with her later today for the first time in about 6 weeks.
Get An Email Alert Each Time ZELLAZM Posts