Sunday, September 21, 2008
I decided to postpone my return trip to Germany. We had a huge challenge and much frustration trying to find a rehab place that would take Mom because of her tracheal breathing tube. Finally found ONE in their home county that would take her and it was definitely not among our first choices. But it is closest to their home and that means that Dad and all her friends will be able to visit often and keep an eye on her.
I'm back in Germany now, after rebooking from Monday to Saturday departure. I really wanted to make sure Mom was settled in the new place and it was a good thing that I did. On Friday evening, when I went back to check on her (thank you Holy Spirit, for that prompting!), she had tried to get up on her own and I found her in a little heap on the floor next to her bed. Now we've engaged a night nurse for her, thanks to a dcousin, at least until Mom gets oriented to her new surroundings.
Now it's time for me to get going on making the necessary arrangements to return to the US for an extended stay. I haven't had time to even think much about all that will involve, but that process will begin tomorrow! Tonight, I need to try to get some more sleep and recover from the jet lag.