Thursday, May 19, 2011
1) I treated myself to fresh raspberries, because I could. I'm still feeling a bit icky, but I'm glad I was able to enjoy them anyway.
2) I drank my 8 cups of water. I've drunk 8 cups (or more) of water every day for the past *757 days* I wish I could say that I liked water. I don't. I have to make a point of drinking it, every day. Sometimes I drink water with a bit of lemon or orange in it, and lately I've been drinking a lot of carbonated water (no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, but there is a bit of natural flavoring like lemon or lime) as a substitute to for soft drinks because when my allergies are bad or I'm sick I crave the fizz. But still, I've done it. For 757 days.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Okay, since I'm almost done I figured I would keep posting the things I did right....
1) I got up this morning, did some stuff, was utterly exhausted (and still feeling crummy) so I went back to bed and slept like the dead for about 4 hours. I guess my body really needed the sleep--especially since I didn't sleep so well last night. Thankfully, I'm finally starting to feel better, though; hopefully tomorrow I can get back on track. I've lost too much time as it is.
2) I ate really well today. Still foods that were pretty easy on my stomach, but still it was a pretty healthy day as far as food goes.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
First, I appologize that I haven't responded yet to comments.... I promise I will. But I was really sick last night (very upset stomach) and still feeling really crummy today so I just haven't been around much. I sometimes joke that getting sick is my body's way of saying slow down.... guess I didn't slow down soon enough... oy.
So ... two positive things...
1) I drank water and kept food down--chicken noodle soup, for both lunch and dinner (side note, I am very grateful for a husband who, one, when woken up at 2 am to clean the bathroom, just did it--no complaints, questions, etc. And then he came home today and made me homemade chicken noodle soup--new recipe he made up, and it was yummy) There were even lots of vegetables in the chicken noodle soup so I'm pretty sure I got my 5 servings in, even with a weak stomach.
2) I rested. Sometimes that's what the body needs (okay, I did put away laundry and a few small things like that, but mostly, I just rested. And talked to a friend I haven't talked to in ages for awhile)
Going to bed now.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Today went better than yesterday. I'm just really tired now. I guess I just ran myself down a bit too much or something--not just in terms of exercise, but in general. I took it easy, played some video games, did some housework, but basically had a very quiet day. It was nice.
Two things I did right:
1) I haven't tracked today--wasn't on line for most of it--but I made pretty healthy food choices all day. I'm guessing it was not a particularly low calorie day, but not exceptionally high, either, and most of the choices were healthy. I think I can live with that.
2) I took some time out for me. I don't do that as often as I probably should.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
I'm not in the best frame of mind tonight. It's nothing in particular--I'm just frustrated with my body I guess and trying not to be discouraged. Nor was today a particularly healthy day--it started off fine but then my husband suggested pizza and I didn't have a good alternative plan (and I like pizza, which didn't help) and I didn't work out. It was a planned rest day, and I'm sore from yesterday (more from the exercise than the fall) so a rest day is probably a good thing, but pizza + rest = not feeling very productive, I guess, LOL.
And I'm tired. That doesn't help either.
But two things I did RIGHT
1) I did not have a soft drink with the pizza. I don't know why but pizza always makes me want to have a soda. But I resisted and had sparkling water instead.
2) I did some straightening up around the house. Nothing major, but every little bit helps, right?
And BONUS: at least I'm aware that I'm in a bum mood and trying to put a positive slant on things. Like my planned rest day. It was planned. I know I need typically 2 days of recovery for every 5 I work out, so there's no guilt, no backsliding, etc., in taking that day off. It's part of the plan.
And baby steps are still progress.
Get An Email Alert Each Time ZANNACHAN Posts