Sunday, March 03, 2013
Okay, Day two of meeting new goals. Lots of comments thought that I have too many goals at one time but to me they all seem related. What and when I eat and drink and tracking it. Today I am supposed to talk about How I will meet my goals. Since I am away from home for work from Friday morning until Monday afternoon and I stay in a call room at work, it is very difficult to take food and water for the weekend. I do have a very small mini frig but not enough room for much. It is a challenge to overcome.
1. Drink 8 glasses of water is pretty easy for me. Water is about all that I do drink. I keep bottled water at work and home is not a problem. I have wonderful mountain spring water.
2. 6 serving of freggies is sometimes hard. I love veggies, especially salads, And if I combine this with #3, eat out less, I will be choosing more veggies and less fried junky sort of food. I just have to make the effort and choose veggies and a piece of fruit.
3. Eat out less. Ugh! This one will be a challenge. I leave home on Friday and grab lunch on the way to work. I often eat at the cafeteria while at work (or go out after 12 hour shift if the weather is nice). I leave work Monday morning and grab brunch on the way back home. This weekend I brought several things from home (chicken breast, some veggies and apples) and had salad bar from the cafeteria and made 4 meals for Sat and Sun. I have been having a protein bar for breakfast. It has worked well. I will continue this and try to eat lunch on Friday before leaving for work. I will probably continue to eat out on Monday and I will have to have the salad bar from the cafeteria part of the time but I am really good at making the best choices on the salad bar.
4. Track food and exercise. This also will be hard for me. I have tried to track food before and it never lasts very long. The new apps with the barcode scanners have helped but I am one of those people that cooks from scratch and when I make a recipe it is difficult to put in all of the ingredients or even do the recipe builder. I guess I am just lazy. I think I will just figure up the points for a recipe and give it a name and save it. They may be easier. I will make it work this time.
5. Cut the late night eating. Hmmm, another tough one I like to go to the bedroom before my husband and read a little while and have a snack (usually a nice big snack) before actually going to bed to sleep. I know this is a terrible habit and I will just stop. Ha! I am cutting back on simple and processed carbs and am hoping that will help with cravings and give me the willpower to resist until this becomes a habit.
How did I really do today? I had 10 glasses of water, 7 servings of freggies, I had a salad from the bar (I am not going to count that as eating out since the hospital is home away from home) I tracked everything that went in my mouth, including my vitamin and Emergen-C powder. Tracked exercise ( I walked laps around the hospital during some down time). I have not had anything to eat since an apple at 7:45.
End of Day 2