Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Who's with me on this one? My Pinterest is a perfect visual display of my conflicting personality. From motivation posts, fit foods, exercise to lots of posts of delicious looking sugary fatty foods. It puts you on this roller coaster of the "can do" and "I am going to conquer the fatness" feeling to stimulating cravings with all the "WOW" delicious, OHHHH YEAHHHH food goodness [yes, this is my inner fat kid coming out].
There are so many great motivational sayings that you can look at. I find myself believing I found the saying that defines me in some way to only find a better one later on. The saying that I always go back to however is the Nike motto - JUST DO IT! Seriously, most of us know enough information to at least understand that lean chicken & veggies is a good choice for dinner and order out General Tso's chicken and pork fried rice is not. However how many times do you wake up and say "I just don't get it. Why am I not losing weight?" or "A little won't hurt" or "I will start tomorrow".
There is an amazing list of things that I have done to explain my issue with losing weight including:
(1) Thyroid problem? -Dr. says "No". Maybe she is wrong?
(2) Maybe a gluten allergy - I know someone this happened too.
(3) Age? Truly, maybe a little of it but not all!
(4) I just don't know? I have tried everything! [Such as forgetting the daily sweet attack I have and the often eating out.]
(5) Insert reason 5 through 101 here...
This brings me back to Just Do It! Starting my Just Do It campaign. I need all the encouragement I can get so please feel free to follow my daily blog. I will try to make my blogs interesting & comical if you can give a girl a motivational shout out every now and then that would be appreciated. If you are interested in following me on Pinterest feel free to look me up. My Pinterest name is "Ro Nu". I recommend following the healthy blogs (which I will try to beef up in comparison to my fatty girl posts!).
If you need a little motivation, hit a girl up and I will make sure I send some motivation to you as well.
Good luck & Just Do It! 365 Days of Posts, Healthy Choices and Keeping it Real.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
So it is December again and here I am reflecting back over the last year and my past posts and find it ironic that I am in the same place as I was last year. Blogging helps see the cycle, and put things in perspective a bit. I could post the same thing today that I posted just 12 months ago. No improvement and another pound gained in fact. This is a negative trend that I need to change.
More and more I am realizing that I am fighting a psychological battle over my consumption. I need to change the habits one by one until I break this trend of gain and running continually on the hampster wheel. I want to stop obsessing, then giving up, then obsessing, then giving up.
My resolution is to set a goal and stick to it until I master it, then the next goal and same thing, do it until I master it.
Today is Tuesday evening and I am starting now, not tomorrow after a bowl of icecream, not next Monday. Right now, this minute...
Goal # 1 - I will not buy food at work.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
I learned from Weight Watchers that setting reasonable long term and short term goals makes you more likely to succeed. Therefore my weight loss goal will be 10% of my current weight until I reach my ultimate goal weight of 130. I will update this blog entry week over week until I lose 10% of my current weight.
My goal over the next two months is to lose 15.4lbs and weigh in at 138.
12/11 weigh in: 154lbs
12/18 weigh in:
12/25 weigh in:
1/1 weigh in:
1/8 weigh in:
1/15 weigh in:
1/22 weigh in:
1/29 weigh in:
Thursday, December 08, 2011
So with the bourbon balls, steaks, cream sauces, multiple holiday events, wine, appetizers, etc. it is time to make a plan to survive the holidays.
1. Before I eat I will drink water
2. I will load my plate with 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbohydrate
3. I will not eat appetizers
4. I will limit myself to one desert at the holiday parties
5. I will not eat desert unless it is during a holiday celebration.
6. I will allow myself one glass of wine with a holiday dinner otherwise I will drink water
7. I will not drink alcohol other then for the holiday celebrations
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
1 hour of exercise = about 15 to 20 songs therefore I am working on forming a list of my first top 20 work out songs:
20. Bleeding Love (workout remix)
19. Don't Stop the Music (workout remix)
18. Paralyzer (workout remix)
17. Into the Night (workout remix)
16. Sweetest Girl (workout remix)
15. Kiss Kiss (workout remix)
14. Take You There (Davidson Ospie Mix)
13. Love Like This (workout remix)
12. No One (workout remix)
11. Umbrella (workout remix)
10. Bubbly (workout remix)
9. Apologize (workout remix)
8. Lovestoned (workout remix)
7. Stronger (workout remix)
6. Let's Get It Started (Workout Mix)
5. I Want Candy (Workout Mix)
4. Everybody Dance Now ( Ronnie Maze Club Mix)
3. The Power (Ronnie Maze Club Mix)
2. I Like to Move It (Calimocho Mix)
1. Get Ready for This (Calimocho Mix)
Get An Email Alert Each Time YA_YAYA Posts