Friday, November 22, 2013
So this week was insane. I took a trip away for 6 days. I was on the go from 6:30 - 11:00 every day. It was buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Morning cake snacks and afternoon tea, not to mention all the airplane/airport snacks, which increased substantially due to a 5 hour delay. Also I lost my longest spark streaks as I had no internet . After two days I gave myself free reign, using every excuse in the book to justify my eating.
So now I am back and banning these excuses, because they are not reasons, reason a valid, these are just excuses. I have been telling myself the same lame lines year after year. I believe in life I only deserve to get out what I put in, and if all I put is weak excuses it doesn't really say much about me as a person does it? So here they are. Please please add your own to this list. Spark people are not people who make excuses, they are people who make changes.
1) When it's gone it's gone - I use this countlessly to finish off a big bar of chocolate!
2) I just need a quick energy fix - inevitably followed by a huge energy drop.
3) I'm too tired to cook properly-- yet have enough energy to wonder out for take away.
4) It would be rude not to eat it all - friends understand, if they don't get new friends
5) I've been so good recently - so why am I about to ruin it all?
6) I just really fancy something sweet - More than I fancy being a size smaller?
7)I only want a small piece - yet I know I'll always eat the whole thing
8) There probably aren't that many calories on this version - there are.
And the ultimate ones
9) Well, as I've already blown it...
10) I'll be good again tomorrow/Monday/after the holiday
Have a great weekend everyone.
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Just 2 more hours each day please. That would be amazing. For the last two weeks I've been up early doing exercises and cooking healthy breakfast. I've needed to stay later at work. Rainy season is truly upon us, so the commute is a nightmare. I'm gyming, working at home, trying to write the novel, keep in contact with friends and cook lean and clean meals that the husband will actually eat. I am pooped.
On the many many plus sides, I got an amazing, albeit slightly weird compliment about my singing in the concert a couple of weeks ago. I am off to Bangkok this weekend to see friends. The novel is coming together slowly and... This week I hit the 10lb loss and got my first 1000 minute trophy. Woohoo! I hope you all have a a fabulous Friday and weekend!
Saturday, October 19, 2013
I've found the most amazing recipe! These things are crazily easy and so yummy. The basic recipe is 2 cups of oats, 1/2 cup apple juice, 2 mashed bananas and 1 chopped apple. After that I added dried cranberries, dried ginger, slice almonds, pumpkin seed and flaxseeds and baked for 20 mins at 180. The only problem is I literally cannot stop eating them. I'm going to try ginger and dark chocolate after these. They're so much better than the processed packaged things!
It's been a good week for the book too. Not managed to completely redo the scrapped 40,000, but I'm much happy with it. And I got my 500 minute spark trophy, which always makes me happy!
Get An Email Alert Each Time WRITINGRUNNER Posts