Wednesday, February 19, 2014
This week is Happiness Week in the 5% Challenge. We have been tasked with doing something (anything) that makes us happy - for 10 minutes per day.
I know that some have struggled with finding their "happiness". A few have even told me they have nothing to be happy about.
In a quick poll of those who know me in real life, it was determined that I am a very happy person. This is not to say I don't have my moments of fear, sadness, even the occasional sleepless night, but I don't have anything mentally or chemically that is keeping me from being happy.
For that reason, I have found this week's challenge to be insanely easy. It has also caused me, however, to actually analyze which things I do on a daily, weekly or occasional basis that actually make me happy. If you are having a problem finding your happiness, maybe this list will help you too
- cooking or baking - especially food that is comforting and healthy
- watching the Olympics - my favorites this year are figure skating, short track, skeleton and snowboard cross
- Completing tasks that I have been procrastinating (got my blood drawn today)
- spending time with my hubby or my kids
- taking a walk
- sitting outside on a cool day and enjoying the beauty of nature
- having a good cry (I mean really getting it all out of my system)
- listening to really sad or really happy music
- talking to a friend or my mom on the phone
- writing my blog
- compliments - I LOVE compliments!!!
- looking at old photos and seeing how far I've come
- eating out - especially when I make choices I can be proud of
- a clean house (as long as I can delegate the cleaning, LOL)
- going to work (we are a really happy bunch - seriously)
What makes you happy?