Sunday, December 25, 2011
Week one is finished! 15.4 miles with an average pace of 11:34 per mile. I am satisfied with my results. Although I was off by one day, my daughter was sick and I had to take care of my grandson so I missed a run day, but I just switched the days. It is early enough in the plan and so far I normally run more than what the plan is requiring so I am hoping it won't make much difference.
It was a good run, the weather was sunny and about 35 degrees. A light wind, but not too chilly. I do have a hard time running on the gravel roads, it seems they move under my feet so I need to use extra caution.
One week complete and 125 days to go.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
I did it! I registered for a half marathon to be run on April 28, 2012. It feels wierd for me, because of the distance - half marathon. Does this mean I am a runner?!
I have done several 5k this summer and was thinking of doing a 10k this spring, but saw this particular race and thought I'd go for it instead. I found a training schedule for the Disney half marathon using the Jeff Galloway's run/walk method; so I think it is doable for me because the mile increases are every other week.
I mapped out my favorite roads so I can plan my routes - Now all what I need is a mild winter
Friday, December 09, 2011
Honestly, if I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be a millionaire by now.
I seem to have a trend of whenever I say or think that I am going to start a plan and stick with it, I find myself stuffing my face with things I know I shouldn't be eating.
The other day, I bought some caramels to make some caramel apples, however I opened the bag and started to eat them. I left the open bag on the counter and later that day, I decided to finish off the bag. Well, guess what, DH was having his own little demon on his shoulder and took the bag and hid it.
Ok, I admit, we are a pair, in too many ways. Well, that set me off, but I lasted a day. Then I went after the second bag of caramels and I ate and I ate and I ate. Well, you get the picture. Afterwards, I felt sort of sick and thought to myself that was one of the stupidest things I had done in awhile.
Now I am reckoning with the demon and I am determined to start over -- ha ha! Do I dare say it? I need to break the cycle...
Sunday, December 04, 2011
I just read a post about someone who took a detour on losing weight because "life happens". This got me thinking about how many times I have used that as an excuse to eat poorly, not exercise and become downright lazy about doing the things I need to do to be fit and healthy.
"Life Happens" should not be an excuse to let myself go, rather it ought to be the motivation for me to make all the improvements I can so that I can enjoy and/or cope with whatever life deals out to me.
Yeah, life happens, but that is no excuse to let myself go downhill without a fight.
Never give up! Never Give In! I am worth the effort to be healthy and strong!
Friday, December 02, 2011
Some tips to help with those cravings over the holidays:
1. Drink more water - I find that when I am eating more junk food it is because, in reality, I am really thirsty not hungry.
2. Brush Your Teeth - some how a clean, fresh minty mouthful makes that chocolate cake seem less appealing.
3. Out of sight, out of mind... don't store those treats where you can see them. If you are at a gathering, then don't, I repeat DON'T, stand by the treat table.
4. Don't skip meals - keep your body well nourished to make it easy to say, "No, thank you," to junk food.
5. Relax - too often we eat due to being stressed out. Practice deep breathing exercises and/or yoga poses.
6. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Too often we grab a sugary fatty treat for a pick me up, these won't be necessary if we are well rested.
7. Remind yourself why you should be avoiding sweets. Make a list and put it on a notecard to carry with you if you need a constant visual reminder.
8. Most important, this holiday season, have fun!!!
Hope you all have a healthy, happy holiday season!! Stay warm :-)
Get An Email Alert Each Time WINACHST Posts