Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Today, June 15th, is my dear friend's second Sparkversary! She joined Spark People just 3 days after I did, and we became friends right away. She's always so supportive, motivating, inspirational, and has a wonderful sense of humor!
HAPPY SECOND SPARKVERSARY, my dear friend! Here's to many more years of friendship on Spark People! You are doing so well with your weight loss. Keep up the great work, and thanks for keeping me motivated!
Please stop by her page and wish her a Happy 2nd Sparkversary!
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Today celebrates my 2nd anniversary with Sparks! I've lost (and kept off) 80 lbs., had open heart surgery earlier this year. Feeling so much better now. I actually joined a local gym, go to the pool at least 5 days a week. Hoping to start using some of the equipment soon.
I want to thank each and everyone of you who has encouraged me , motivated me, given me a kick in the butt when I needed it! What wonderful friends I have made!
I still have a long way to go, but slowly and surely I will get there. I will never, ever, ever give up!
Saturday, May 07, 2011
If I could give you diamonds
for each tear you cried for me.
if I could five you sapphires
for each truth you've helped me see.
If I could give you rubies
for the heartache that you've known
If I could give you pearls
for the wisdom that you've shown.
Then you'll have a treasure, mother,
that would mount up to the skies
That would almost match
the sparkle in your kind and loving eyes.
But I have no pearls, no diamonds,
As I'm sure you're well aware
So I'll give you gifts more precious
My devotion, love and care.
Friday, April 22, 2011
(Copied idea from Linda!)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
a few weeks ago
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I think so
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Kashi Go Lean
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
donít wear shoes with ties
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
physically, no; otherwise absolutely
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
my temper, although itís much better in my ďold ageĒ
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
angel food cake
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
sing, play piano, organ, & clarinet
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
white with red shutters
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Sunday, February 06, 2011
I know this has been a long time coming, but I have so little energy these days (pretty normal after heart surgery Iím told).
Surgery (replacement of aortic valve) went much smoother than my doc ever expected. No complications whatsoever! What great news! However, 2 days after surgery I had complications from the narcotics I was given, had a build up of carbon dioxide, etc., and was pretty much ďout of itĒ for 5-6 days. No pain meds work for me, so I was screaming, moaning, talking nonsense, etc. Iím told Iím lucky I donít remember any of this! There was a time when my docs and nurses wondered if Iíd ever pull through. Finally, I turned the corner and made remarkable progress.
I was sent home 2 weeks ago, much quicker than ever expected. Iíve had many challenges being at home, but Iím managing okay. I see slight progress every day, and know it wonít be too long (probably 2 months) before Iím my old self again. The good news is that Iíve lost 21 lbs. since coming home. Iím only 1.7 lbs. from my lowest Spark weight! Hooray!
My heartfelt thanks goes out to my son who came up from GA to spend a week with me. He is a neurosurgical PA and made sure his mama had the best care! After he went home, he called at least 2-3 times a day for updates. I know how excited he was when I first called him. He knew his mama was back to her old self! My husband made the trip to & from the hospital (almost 3 hours) every single day. Most of the time I didnít even know he was there. He fed me, etc. Since Iíve been home, my brother has been with me almost 24/7. If he hadnít been here, I wouldnít have been able to be at home. What a family I have!
I cannot thank enough each and every one of you who kept me in your thoughts and prayers, emailed or called my husband or son, posted messages on my Spark page, gave me numerous goodies, sent cards, etc. The outpouring of support and love was phenomenal! I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Iíve always believed in the power of prayer. It certainly is a miracle that I am here today!
Get An Email Alert Each Time WILLOW49 Posts