Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Ways in which I've noticed improvements in my life in the last 4 months since adopting healthier habits (in no particular order):
1. I have tons more energy.
2. I sleep well and sleep 8 hours per night.
3. I drink water (16 cups per day).
4. I have no back pain anymore.
5. I can walk 3.1 miles without stopping to rest.
6. I walked one 5K race in August and have another scheduled for this month.
7. I challenge myself everyday.
8. I'm participating in the 28-Day Bootcamp Workout Challenge: in week 2.
9. I have healthier and glowing skin.
10. I'm more positive and optimistic.
11. I'm no longer obese and am 3 lbs away from a healthy BMI (body mass index).
12. I've lost 47 lbs so far in 4 months.
13. I'm much happier, less depressed and less bored.
14. I went from a sedentary lifestyle laying in bed watching movies all day and night to a more active lifestyle being up and about all day.
15. I do cardio 5 days per week.
16. I do strength training 7 days per week.
17. I do yoga 2 times per week.
18. I'm saving money.
19. I went down 7 dress sizes from a size 26W to a size 12.
20. I can cross my legs at the knee.
21. I have a space between my thighs.
22. I can fit into my shoes.
23. I've learned to eat healthy; lean protein, skim milk, whole grains, and 9 fruits and veggies a day.
24. I'm cooking healthy meals for my husband and I using SparkRecipes.
25. I've sparked my husband to eat healthier, watch his weight and exercise.
26. I have 5 SparkFriends I can count on for motivation and support.
27. I'm doing daily bible studies.
28. I'm closer to my husband and family.
29. I set and reach realistic goals along my journey.
30. I have an ACTIVE hobby (crochet).
31. I learn something new everyday on SparkPeople and other healthy internet sites.
32. I'm interested in politics and the State of the Union now.
33. I donate food and clothes to the poor.
34. I realize I'm blessed in all ways by God.