Wednesday, August 28, 2013
I learned to love exercise during the BLC22. It started with midnight workouts and a workout buddy. At the beginning, I hated it and wasn't consistent. I joined the Official 10-Minute Exercise Streak Challenge and began doing 20 minute workouts, 10 minutes ST videos and 10 minutes SP Cardio Blast DVD. As the days went by, I kept my streak alive with these short workouts. I had found my motivation to exercise. I tried the 80's Aerobic workout on the DVD and fell in love. Memories of days gone by flooded my mind.I was truly having fun now. I started working with greater intensity as I found something I enjoyed. Then I began adding minutes slowly and doubled the time I worked out. This week I'm doing 40 minute workouts and next week i plan on increasing it to 60, Where will I go from there? The sky's the limit!
My advice: Find a time you enjoy working out. Start small and start a streak. Find a workout buddy. And find something you enjoy!
Thursday, August 22, 2013
I've been working out at midnight the last couple of weeks and I'm on an daily exercise streak. Today made day 12. My sleep time varies. I prefer to sleep in the mornings between 0600 and 3 pm. Wednesday, I got up at 0300 am and napped from 9 pm to 1130 pm, so basically today was an early morning workout for me. That works best. I had to delay my cardio as my DH was sleeping and I didn't want to be stomping around to my cardio DVD and wake him up. The delay only gave me an opportunity to try and talk myself out of continuing my workout. With the help of my husband and his encouragement when he got up at 3 am, i was able to push through and do 30 minutes of aerobic dance. Thanks DH!
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
1. Walking. When I first came to SparkPeople, I weighed 199 and was only able to walk a short distance without back pain. I stopped often, every 5 minutes to stretch my back just trying to get 15 minutes of walking in, Now, I'm able to complete a 5K without stopping at all in 50 minutes and have even begun incorporated jogging intervals. I love my morning walks/jogs in the fall and winter.
2. Sleeping. I had terrible insomnia when I first got here, unable to go to sleep for hours each night. I took the Official Better Sleep Challenge and now sleep at least 7 hours pretty consistently, falling asleep within minutes of hitting the pillow.
3. Just being out of bed. When I first got here, I laid in bed all day and night watching movies. Now, I'm active and out of bed. Except for my planned fitness, I'm still pretty sedentary, sitting at my computer all day but I no longer find it necessary to stay in bed.
4. Grocery Shopping. I love the produce section and the wide array of colors, textures, and tastes of the fruits and veggies (freggies). Before, I shopped in the aisles, buying junk food and highly proceessed foods.
5. Cooking by scratch. I love to cook by scratch now. I make SparkRecipes often. It used to be high calorie, high sodium, and high fat dinners as convenient as I could find frozen included.
6. Walk the puppies. This is way fun! My little chihuahuas are my walking buddies. They run by themselves trying to keep up with me. Poor puppies never got any exercise because I didn't.
7. Exercising, I remember getting a Special K workout video and couldn't get past the warm up without being out of breath and hurting. I ended up giving it away. This morning I worked out 47 minutes straight!
My life has gotten easier and more fun since becoming healthy and I know I'll have more ways the healthier I become!
Thursday, August 15, 2013
I've been maintaining @143 lbs for 9 months.
i am not yet as low as i'd like to be.
and i am sort've stuck at the 56 lb weight loss level.
BUT--even though this is a plateau, i'll take it until i get to goal. emoticon
(plateaus are how you see them.)
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Well, not really! Gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins you hear about, It's not fruit of the Spirit as in Galations 5:22, 23.
Last night, I lost control with the potato chips (again ) and I'm paying for it on the scales this morning. I went from 138 lbs to 144.8 lbs overnight! I can fluctuate this much with water weight, so I should know better. But I wasn't thinking of the sodium. Yeah, I noticed the cheesy, salty, greasiness of the chip and I...........loved it. Forgot about ME for a minute. The real ME, the ME that wants to eat healthy, the Me that wants to exercise, and the ME that likes to drink water. I followed the lust of the flesh, and just went for it But, there's always consequences to every action we take, whether to binge on potato chips or eat some yummy! rice cakes for the crunch, I should have went for the rice cakes. Now, I'm suffering the consequences for my behavior: bloating and weight gain.
It's time to repent, to turn it around, to get back up, and forgive myself. All is not lost! Yes, I missteped. I'm not perfect, but I misstep a whole lot less now than I used to. What can I do differently today? What are 2 steps I can take in the right direction for a healthier ME? I definitely need to OD on water and I can choose to eat healthy today, no potato chips, no trigger foods.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WAY2GOCAT Posts