Tuesday, September 16, 2014
(1) Doing good with the nutrition, Essentially staying away from sugar and no binges and staying mostly in SP calorie range! Need to stay BELOW calorie range at/or about 1000 calories/day considering my hypothyroidism! At this range, I can lose 1 lb a week!
(2) Traded black tea for green, and including that as water consumption. Still not drinking enough, though. Maybe 4 8-oz cups total. Need to increase decaf liquid consumption and decrease coffee consumption. I nap a lot and drink 1 -2 cups coffee each time I get up (@3). Combined with wake-up coffee of 2 cups, that's 5 12-oz cups coffee per day! TOO MUCH! But not nearly as much as I drank 2 years ago when I drank 144 oz coffee each day and night, or 12 12-oz cups! SO, I'M REAL HAPPY WITH MY PROGRESS OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS! Just needs more work!
(3) Not exercising enough! Choice workout is walking, but have had ingrown toenail for the last 6 months that really hurts walking, despite wearing 1 size too big sneakers! Princess managed to tear up my one pair of "Jesus" sandals (Dr Scholl's) that fit and allowed me to walk distances safely and comfortably! Was referred to the podiatrist (finally) by my PCP Monday and have an appointment Wednesday 9-17-2014.
(4) Mentally I'm doing well with my Bipolar Disorder, taking all meds as prescribed and keeping my moods, neutral. As long as I don't take in too much sugar, I'm also controlling my Anxiety Disorder and Intense Body Itching that comes as it's primary symptom.
(5) Emotionally, I'm not allowing my DH to push my buttons and remaining calm and "holler-free! Need to work on the occasional cuss-word and name-calling that escapes, He continues to play mind games such as hiding paid August bills until I paid the September bills. Then "magically", the August bills showed back up only for the September bills to disappear. I NEED TO FIND A BETTER HIDING PLACE FOR MY MONTHLY PAID BILLS FOLDERS! Of course he denies any involvement and blames it on me losing or misplacing them. I NO LONGER ACCEPT THAT I AM CRAZY, OR SUFFERING FROM EARLY ONSET DEMENTIA. Nor do I accuse him. I JUST QUIETLY BLAME HIM AND HIS GAME PLAYING AND KEEP IT IN MY HEART WITH GOD WHO KNOWS THE TRUTH JESUS says He is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIGHT! (jOHN 14:6) aND ALL EVIL THINGS DONE IN DARKNESS WILL COME TO THE LIGHT! (JOHN3:20 paraphrased)
(6) SPIRITUALLY, I'm doing well. A lot of iT is mixed with my emotional heath, as described above! I have to remember that my battle is with spiritual forces, not my husband, who is only used by them. My weapons of my warfare are not carnal, but mighty through GOD for the pulling down of strongholds! GOD has supplied me everything I need to overcome this battle with the devil - GOD's FULL ARMOR: TRUTH, the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, PREPARATION in the FULL GOSPEL OF PEACE, FAITH , SALVATION, THE WORD OF GOD, and PRAYER (2 COR 10:3, 4; EPH 6:10 - 18).
By the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, I'm preaching and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, proclaiming and witnessing about the LOVE, POWER, and GRACE OF the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY and what GOD has done in my own personal life, and teaching the WORD OF GOD to those the HOLY SPIRIT points me to, obeying the commands of JESUS CHRIST to fulfill the Great Commission and make disciples in all the world!
PRAISE THE LORD GOD!
Sunday, September 07, 2014
Continuing to cut sugar out of my diet!
Including limiting fruits to 2 -3 a day eaten with protein. And limiting greek yogurt to 2 a day. Planning to cut out simple carbs like pancakes and corn tortillas, opting for whole grains like oatmeal and cheerios for b'fast, and brown rice and whole wheat pasta occasionally! Limiting potatoes to no more than 1 a day! Had 1/2 baked potato for dinner last night!
My anxiety and body itching are much better controlled as a result!
Drinking kool-ade and iced tea with equal in place of water. Just can't get enough water in! I'm drinking too much coffee, though, as I sleep a lot and have a 12 oz cup when I wake up. Want to cut down. Also want to replace black tea with grean or herbal this coming week.
Am going to start back walking this week with my husband as he's dragging me along Monday morning, just to get me out there again! I love walking in the park, but have forgotten how much. The first step is always the hardest and I have my DH to thank for that! He wants to start walking for his own health and wants to take me along for mine! THANK YOU DADDY!
Overall, my journey is in a good place! I continue to grow spiritually as well, feeding my spirit man daily with the WORD OF GOD I get on one of my teams "Keep Walking with JESUS" and the open and closed Christian teams I belong to on FACEBOOK.
Mentally, I continue my psychiatric medications daily, 4 times a day and am on a 6 month streak! I take care of our housework and my laundry, as well as house laundry and DH colors, especially his shirts with ring-around-the-collar! He loves how I clean his shirts! DH likes to do his own whites!
Emotionally, besides the stable emotions I get from the medications I take, hubby and I are doing well together; communicating more and better even and coming together a little closer physically. He's given me a little massage on my hand's pressure point for headaches and anxiety, given me "piojitos" (scalp scratching) and we even napped together yesterday!
YES, THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!
Get An Email Alert Each Time WAY2GOCAT Posts