Sunday, October 26, 2014
I had a cold for what seemed like the past three months, but was actually about 3 weeks. I just noticed that my last spark status read "can't shake this cold" 21 days ago. I think today is the first day I've felt back to myself since September. I was on all kinds of meds and the steroids combined with my lowered will power (being sick) did not do anything to help me make progress with my goals.
I go to the Dr this week and I think it will be the first time since July that I won't show at least a five pound loss. My biggest hope right now is that it won't be up since last time. I think a solid week of working out and good food will make that possible.
I read a lot of old mystery novels and Agatha Christie frequently mentions how the flu can make patients experience depression while recovering. I always read it as a sort of old wives tale from the 1940's, but I think I was really experiencing something like that with this cold. I was really symptom free starting early this week, but I could not seem to rise above the funk I had my mind in. I was doing silly things like crying over small issues and eating candy to make myself feel better. I just couldn't shake it.
I really think church made the difference for me this morning. Ever since I have felt renewed and focused. I tracked my food and made good choices so far. I have my lunches for the week prepped and am enjoying some quiet time in my chair by the sunny window. (The weather may also be helping!)
My thought for the moment is, how do I keep my goals in sight when things get hard and dark?
My chief purpose for losing weight and going low carb is to help my body be able to support the pregnancy I am so desperately hoping for. The past few weeks, not even that was enough to keep me focused.
What can I do to keep my heart latched onto what I know is good for my life?
My prayer for the week is that I be able to keep up with my health goals, that my doctor have good news for me on Thursday, or that he have a manageable solution if not, and that I am able to hold onto this feeling of peace with myself.
Sunday, March 09, 2014
Last week I didn't take the time to write out my goals, and I didn't lose any weight. I wasn't as focused and I struggled. I'm starting this week right, with the hope that I will refocus on my health and well being.
No Soda M-F
Work out 3 times
Walk the dog 6 times
Eat on purpose, no extra "handful" snacking
Drink more water
Get out of the 250's!
I guess my other goal for the week is to get pregnant; I should be ovulating this week at some point, so we'll see. This is our 15th cycle trying, 7th since MC. Maybe it's the promise of spring, but I am at least occasionally, starting to feel more hope than loss.
Sunday, February 23, 2014
No soda M-F
Drink a water bottle at school everyday
Bike 36 miles (11.5, 12, 12.5)
Halfway to our first hotel night this week
New reward plan: out of 250's = candlelight yoga DVD
Found out today it will be at least another month before we get to be pregnant. I'm worried about this month. Our baby we lost would have been due this month. It seems like half my Facebook friends are also due in March...
All I can do now is try to make my body as healthy as I can, and wait for God's timing.
Sunday, February 16, 2014
1) No soda M-F
2) Stay in range
3) Work out 3 times, walk the dog 3 times
4) Eat veggies
Every two weeks of exercise goal = one hotel night on road trip this June
10 days in calorie range = candle light yoga DVD
I'm ready to renew my goals and get myself healthy. My doctor emphasized this week that a healthy lifestyle could help us get pregnant. I can't stand the idea that my habits might be holding us back, so we are working together to be healthier, starting with the goals above. I'm midcycle right now and O'd really late this time (day 21). If this isn't our month again, at least I'll feel like I'm taking steps to improve our chances and health.
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
It seems appropriate to look ahead to this new year with hope. I could never have guessed all that 2013 would bring, but God saw us through all of it, the good and the heartbreaking.
1) For a second chance at pregnancy. It's hard to have a goal that you have so little control over. It takes faith and more patience than I trust myself to have, but I hope for it anyway.
2) For a healthier body. The stresses of this fall - miscarriage, terrible work stress, and husband's new job, have all led me to my heaviest. I let them. I sat in the excuses and allowed my health to get this bad. It was just too much. This I can control. The clean slate of a new year gives me hope. I know nothing has really changed, but I feel renewed, and that can be powerful.
3) For no more debt. We are set to be out of debt this spring!
4) For a change of work. I hope I have the courage to walk away from a negative work place. It's so frightening. Will I ever get another job in my field? Is it worth the constant stress and pain to stay where I am just for security? I hope for change, but I fear I may have to walk away to find it.
5) For peace. I hope more than anything that I can find peace within myself. I hope I can settle the pain within myself and regain my focus, my strength, and my confidence.
1) Loose 5-10lbs a month until pregnancy
2) Stay within healthy calorie range 6 days a week
3) Walk daily with the pup
4) Three intense workouts a week
5) Yoga on Sundays
May God bless us all this new year!
Get An Email Alert Each Time WARMSUNSHINE56 Posts