Sunday, April 21, 2013
This has been a great weekend so far, expecting that today will also be great.
I managed to get all my floors cleaned and washed yesterday, feel so much better knowing that they are clean. My floors never really feel clean until I have gotten down and washed them by hand. It was a challenge and my knee paid for it afterwards, but of so worth it!
We met up with the girls for lunch at original Joe's. They wanted to take us out to lunch. What a lovely treat and so very much appreciated. Later we headed off to the city to meet up with our friends. A wee visit at their new place and then off to a lovely restaurant for an early dinner. I was very good and had a great green salad for my dinner. I'm glad it was all that I ordered as it was huge!
After dinner we headed out to the Winspear for an evening of entertainment by Randy Elvis Friskie randyelvisfriskie.com/ He was very entertaining, as well as his daughter did some great impersonations of Patsy Cline, Cher and Marilyn Monroe. We enjoyed out evening out, although it was after midnight by the time we got back home.
My Thank yous:
1. Thank you to our girls for a lovely lunch date with them. We had a great time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Thank you for the opportunity to join up with our friends and have a lovely evening out in the city. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Thank you that the threatening snow did not amount to much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Thank you for the sunshine today and being able to enjoy the Vitamin D! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Thank you that I was able to get all my floors done yesterday and now have nice clean floors. (at least until Sage comes to visit later today!) Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6.Thank you for the gift of healing and positive affirmations working in our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you for helping both Garry and I to "let go" of and "declutter" our lives. Not that we have tons of stuff, but we do have things we that we don't use or haven't used for many years and it's time to release to someone who can. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Thank you that Quin will be back in town today and here for a visit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for the Garry finding the perfect little felt feet to go on the bottoms of our chairs to keep them from scratching the floors. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for the joy of a new day and the opportunities that will come our way to be all that we have been created to be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a blessed Sunday and thank you for stopping by.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
I woke yesterday morning with a very bad headache and not feeling too well, but after a wee rest after work, I was once again looking forward to family time over the supper and the evening.
Mike, Julie and the two little ones met up with us at Kelsey's and we had a wonderful visit and dinner. It was so good to see Mike, Julie, Jaidyn and the newest addition Elizabeth. It was terrific to see the wonderful parenting job that both of them do. Mike is a very hands on daddy with both little girls and Julie is such a gentle Mom but well listened to when the occasion demands. We were in there for almost 3 hours and not once did Jaidyn (2yrs) fuss or misbehave. I found that very good for such a little one. We all got a chuckle out of the waitress's face when she asked what "the little one" wanted to eat, and Julie told Jaidyn to tell her what she would like to eat. Jaidyn immediately and very politely told her that she would like "calamari". The waitress did a double take and looked at Julie for another answer, Julie just calming told her that Jaidyn would like tzatziki sauce with that please. Jaidyn loves calamari and thinks they are onion rings, so Julie and Mike figure if she likes them then why not. I think the waitress was still shaking her head when they delivered them to the table and most likely was standing off to the side to see if she actually ate them. *grin*.
1. My highlight blessing was spending time with Mike, Julie and the girls yesterday. It's been far to long since we have been together in person. They are on the road again today, so wish them safe travels. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Finding the perfect little gift for Jaidyn...a neat little six pack of bubbles, perfect for Mommy to dole out one at a time. Jaidyn loves bubbles. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. We got rain over during the night rather than the snow we were expecting. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. We are going out this evening again with friends we haven't been together with for almost a year. Going to the Winspear to watch a performance. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Garry's gout is getting better now that he has listened and is drinking some cherry juice. Of course, it took someone else telling him that it works for him to give it a try *grin*. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. It's the weekend and I'm looking forward to a fun filled weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I was able to pick up my temporary handicapped parking placard yesterday so that I can park closer at work and have a shorter distance to have to walk to get to work. Once I've had my surgery and am on the mend, I will gladly give it up. I don't plan on using any more than absolutely necessary. I feel guilty even having it now, but am grateful that it is available to me when I do need it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am blessed to be as mobile as I am, even with my knee issues. I'm grateful that I have all my limbs. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for the blessings of life lessons and opportunities to learn and grow, to become a better creation. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for the gift of empathy, although at times it's overwhelming, it is a blessing none the less. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great and wonderful Saturday. Make it a fun day.
Friday, April 19, 2013
Yay, it's Friday, my favorite day of the week.
I woke up this morning with a headache and a bit of an upset stomach. Not sure what is going on there. The headache may be due to sinuses, not sure. I have a runny nose this morning. I'm hoping that it will clear up quickly as we have a busy weekend on the go.
1. I had a great day yesterday with being mindful of my nutrition as well as my exercise. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Mike, Julie and the wee ones will be here this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. We are meeting up with other friends on Saturday evening for an evening out. We haven't been out together for far too long. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Our sump pump is working properly once again and keeping all the spring waters out of our basement. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. My work schedule has been changed for Tuesdays and Thursdays. I now get to go in an hour later those days, of course that means staying an hour later too, but I'm okay with that. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Family time this weekend also. Looking forward to maybe using the BBQ to do up some veggies and potatoes, if the weather will allow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I've set some achievable goals for myself and am working on reaching them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. The snow is melting quickly and I can almost see grass now, brown grass, but grass none the less. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. It's now starting to get light in the mornings by 7am, so looking forward to going to work in the daylight. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I've been granted another day to work on my mission in life and am grateful for the opportunity. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Friday. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Ahh, there's nothing like trying on a bathing suit, looking in the mirror and being filled with renewed determination! That sums up my experience yesterday! Thankfully, I have time to continue working on a much better outcome.
A much busier day at work yesterday. We received a big shipment which I will be still working on this morning. Most likely we will have received another shipment after I left yesterday or at the very least today. The week should finish out on a nice busy note.
1. I'm grateful for the renewed determination that I have to continue on this healthy journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I'm grateful for the busy day at work yesterday and what is shaping up to being a busy rest of the week. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I'm grateful that we got some rain and not snow overnight. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm grateful that I have guidance in my life that is working hard to keep me going in the direction that I wish to go in. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm grateful for the joy that our Canadian Icon, Rita McNeil brought into so many lives. She will be greatly missed by many. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm grateful for safe travel conditions for Mike, Julie and the wee ones as they travel here this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm grateful for the gift of healing that is taking place in Garry. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm grateful for being able to shop for fresh veggies and fruit in my local store. Looking so forward to Farmer's market being up and running once again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm grateful for those that share their "zero waste" and "green ideas" with others, so that we might learn and change our patterns too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm grateful for the ability to adapt, learn and grow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day. Hugs.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
This has been a long week already at work. It's a slow week for shipments arriving and we also have a practicum student spending time with us this week. Not that that isn't a good thing, it's just when it's slow, it's much more challenging to find work for them to do. Yesterday ended up being a bonus on that front as one of my co-workers had the day off, so I was able to have Cindy do some of Gail's work. On Monday the servers kept crashing, which meant our computers were iffy. We did discover that they think the problem is not our server, but a hacker working from a laptop either within the library itself or just outside but still within our WIFI range. Our techies are working hard to block all access points.
My Thank you's:
1. A huge Thank you to my guidance that lead me to go downstairs to the cold storage room after work and look at where our sump pump is. I noticed some wet where there should be wet. Called Garry as I couldn't lift the cover. Our sump pump had kicked itself out for some reason and we were about to get flooded once again. Thank you, thank you, thank you that we caught things in time.
2. Mike, Julie and the babies will be here this weekend. YAY! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Thank you for the our melting snow and that brightness it brings to my day. I'm so done with winter. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Thank you that I have a nice salad and some watermelon to take for lunch today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Thank you that Garry has offered to run an errand for me today so that I don't have to rush after work to get it done. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Thank you for the nice chat with Kaeli yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you for all the "stuff" that I am finding I'm willing to let go in our garage sale this summer. All things that I haven't used in a very long time and it has now just become clutter. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Thank you for the gift of healing for Garry. His gout has kicked in again and has caused some issues. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for helping me to be very mindful of what I am eating and when. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for this new day of life. A day to be all that I've been created to be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great Wednesday. How are you doing with your mindfulness?
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts