Sunday, March 24, 2013
We had a beautiful but cold sunny day yesterday. So nice to see the sunshine once again.
I had a nice and relaxing day. Took my time with the de-cluttering and will continue with doing a bit each day. The girls and I are going to hold a garage sale this spring and I figured it was a great way of getting rid of yet more "things". At first I thought I wouldn't have very much that I could put in for make up a sale, but as I go through things, I'm realizing that I actually have a lot!
It's funny how what was once so important in your life, no longer holds a purpose and I'm more than happy to let it go.
1. Slowly but surely I'm finding things that I can easily let go of and each time I make the decision I feel lighter. I've found a great way of making that decision...I ask myself " If there were a disaster, would I attempt to save this item". *grin* it works for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I've decided on a great project to tackle once I've had my surgery and am needing to recover. I'm determined to finish tackling my picture project that I keep poking away at. I will have an extended period of time to work on it, so a good opportunity presents itself. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. The girls called last night and came over for some rounds of Uno. We had so many laughs and a great visit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. The beautiful sunshine...ahhh, it feels so nice to sit in a sunbeam. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm enjoying having these 4 days off work. The opportunity to relax and recharge is wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Winter is almost over. We are now over the hump and spring is in sight. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Knowing that in another couple months, I'll be able to start putting my garden in. I'm looking forward to having nice fresh produce direct from my garden. We are so blessed to have garden space. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Starting my day off each morning on a positive note with listing my positives/gratefuls/blessings has such a great impact on how my day goes. Thank you, thank you, thank yo.
9. Learning to being open to whatever direction our lives take us and being excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Life in general, we are so blessed to be living in an age where amazing things are possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Sunday, be grateful for all that you have in your life.
Saturday, March 23, 2013
I got the income taxes done yesterday and so glad that chore is behind me. I still have to netfile them, but I need to wait for a code from the Government before I can do that. Usually they send you a code towards the end of the prior year. They did and I filed the unopened envelope with the income papers. I should have opened it but figured it was no different than every other year. Sighhhh. This year they have decided to stop doing that and you must set up an account with the Government and wait for them to mail you a number if you want to netfile. My own fault for not having opened the envelope. Oh well, the taxes are still done and now I have the accounts set up and now just need to wait for the number to arrive in the snail mail. I'm so glad to have them done though. I took me most of yesterday of get everything done. Garry's really stress me out as his is so complicated.
Now I have the rest of my long weekend to do what ever I want *grin*, the big chore is done.
1. I'm so grateful that although it took me all day to do them, the taxes are done for another year. I can netfile them as soon as the number arrives. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. We had sunshine for most of yesterday, cold temps, but no more snow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I have three days of my four day weekend left to relax, recharge and enjoy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am grateful for a good nights sleep last night. I woke up early this morning feeling refreshed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am grateful for Quin's phone call last evening to let us know that all is good at his work site. The amount of snow that came down has created some problems for them, but all is well. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Garry has the weekend off work and we can spend time together. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm grateful for having a Costco store locally and being able to make sure that I have on hand all those staples that we use. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm grateful for having the room to have a cold storage room in my house. Knowing that I only need to go downstairs to get supplies is wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9 I'm grateful for the love that my family shares for each other. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm grateful for my washer and dryer that make doing laundry so much easier. I would love to be able to have a clothes line in my back yard for those warm and sunny days, but not complaining about having a quick way of drying the clothes either. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Saturday. Take the time to enjoy your life.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Wow, did we have a heavy snow fall and storm. We even made the National news with the major accident that occurred on the QE2. Over 60 cars involved, 100 people sent to area hospitals, 4 with serious injuries. The police closed the Anthony Hendy and the Yellowhead heading east was just as bad. When Mother Nature decided to pack a whallop, she really packed one!
On the plus side, things are supposed to improve weather wise now and Garry and I were able to keep up with the snow shoveling.
1. I'm grateful for the travel mercies that Quin had as he had to be on the Yellowhead yesterday morning heading east. He texted me to let me know that he made it safely despite the white knuckle drive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I'm grateful for the travel mercies that Kaeli had as she had to go into the city last evening and home. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I'm grateful for text messaging and that I allowed the family to talk me into getting a cell phone. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm grateful for the snow stopping and that we just have one finally snow shoveling to do this morning before Garry heads for work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm grateful that I have today off work, time to work uninterrupted on the income taxes. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm grateful for my 4 day weekend which will allow me time to do some more de-cluttering and putting things aside for our spring garage sale. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm grateful for Garry's mom's neighbors that have so generously offered to see that her driveway and sidewalks are kept clear of snow. Bless their hearts. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm grateful for the gift of healing that has restored both Kaeli and Garry's bodies. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm grateful for being able to sleep in this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you,
10. I'm grateful for the many blessings big and small that enter my life each and every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day,
Thursday, March 21, 2013
I got up this morning a bit earlier as I figured that I would need the extra time for snow shoveling. Weather forecast had told us to expect heavy snow fall over night and into the day today. Woo Hoo...no snow overnight! That doesn't mean that we still won't get some during the day, but I'm so pleased that we didn't get any last night. Especially as Quin has to drive on the highways this morning. What a blessing.
1. I am so thankful that we didn't get the dump of snow we were supposed to last night and I'm hoping that it misses us completely today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am thankful for travel mercies that will be provided to Quin as he travels back to his work this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. It was so lovely to have Shyra and Quin over to share supper with us last evening. Love having the kids pop in. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Today is my "Friday" as I have tomorrow and Monday off work. I'm using up some of my overtime hours. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm in a de-clutter mode and already feeling freer. Letting go of things that have been packed away for the past 10 years! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I've had a nice steady busy work week. It has made my days this week pass quickly. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. My family is blessed with good health and the ability to earn a living. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. We are blessed with wonderful friends and family and share a common bond of caring. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am blessed with healthy choices for nutrition as well as the freedom to choose. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with access to great reading material that helps me to keep learning and growing as a person. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day,
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
In my case though, it really is the half way point, as I have Friday and next Monday off work, giving me a nice 4 day weekend. Woo Hoo!
We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday, on the nippy side, but still very nice. Today however is supposed to be ending with heavy snow fall warning for late this afternoon and into tomorrow. Wind gusts are to be in the 50+ km range. Hang on to your hats!
Quin is in town for two days and I'm looking forward to seeing him this evening. He stopped in for a minute last night to say hello and out the door again. We are so blessed that our kids stop in to let us know what is happening in their lives and to check up on us.
1. I'm grateful that although each of our children have had some major boulders to climb over in their lives, they are wonderful and loving people. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I'm grateful for the work that will be available to me on my desk today. I love a steady and busy day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I'm grateful that I see the surgeon for a consult in two weeks time. I'm trusting that the surgery will be soon after. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm grateful for fresh fruit to take as a snack today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm grateful that I have developed the habit of daily positive affirmations and that many of those affirmations have settled into my being as truth. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm grateful for knowledge of the Law of Attraction and what it has taught me about dreaming, envisioning and creating in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm grateful for God's guidance in my life and that I always have someone to turn to in all circumstances in my life. Thank you, thank you thank you.
8. I'm grateful for the obstacles that present themselves in my life and the opportunity they provide for me to grow and learn. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm grateful for having found my desire for water once again. I got sidetracked from drinking enough for awhile and now I'm back on track. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm grateful for a new day of life. It's great to know that my mission in life is not yet complete. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Thank you for stopping by for a visit, may your day be blessed beyond what you can imagine.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts