Wednesday, February 06, 2013
How come the days feel so long at work, yet the work week is half over? It seems like it's taking forever to get to the 12th of Feb (my specialist appt), yet it's already the 6th of February. Time is a funny thing.
Garry is so anxious to get his mobility back. He's not used to having to take life at a slower pace and it's driving him crazy, which in turns drives me crazy! *grin*.
He has been going into the office most days for a few hours now, but as his job really entails a lot of walking, he is finding it very frustrating. Just another life lesson that he needs to learn something from.
1. I'm so grateful that the snow that started falling last night really only ended up as a skiff of snow on the ground...not enough to worry about shoveling. Yay. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Although my meeting yesterday made for a long work day, it was a productive meeting. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I'm grateful that Sage is not a barky dog, she loves to be outside and although other dogs are barking in the neighborhood, she remains quiet. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm grateful for Garry's co-workers that have helped out with the transporting Garry to and from work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm grateful for each new day and all the opportunities to grow and learn. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm grateful for hot water that makes showering in the morning a great experience, rather than a brisk and freezing one. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm grateful for my fitbit that helps me to keep track of my daily steps, sleep and exercise. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm grateful for family that cares about one another and although we don't talk every day, we know we can depend on each other. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm grateful for the opportunity to grow in compassion and patience. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm grateful for the many little blessings that cross my path each day and the power to recognize them as blessings. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful and productive day.
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
Sage just "chillaxing"
Quin and Sage "chillaxing"
Poor Garry and his broken leg
Snow pictures for our Florida Mermaid
These were taken yesterday after a day of melting! More snow on the way for today!
1. I'm grateful that we had sunshine yesterday and warmer temperatures. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I'm grateful for the gift of healing that is taking place in Garry's leg. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I'm grateful for the unconditional that our pets give us. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm grateful for gluten-free products that enable me to change me diet. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm grateful the gift of laughter that fills our home. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm grateful the internet that allows me to stay connected to family and friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm grateful for eyes that enable me to see the joys around me and to read. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm grateful for indoor plumbing and fresh water. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm grateful for the freedoms that are mine and that I live in a country that honors those freedoms. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm grateful for a new day of life that gives me the opportunity to make wise choices and live a healthier life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great day,
Monday, February 04, 2013
We had a very nice day yesterday weather wise. Some melting going on and temperatures that hovered just above zero. We managed to get some of the snow off the roof, got the decks cleared and some of the ice/snow build up off the driveway.
My issue with the spark point wheel is back to being an issue again. It must be something to do with Firefox as I can get the wheel to appear if I use Internet Explorer. Very weird, but I don't know how to change things in Firefox, so will use my own solution and just log into the wheel on IE when I need to spin!
1. A beautiful day yesterday that allowed Kaeli and I to get the snow off the roof, decks and the build up off the driveway. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Only one more week until I see my specialist and hopefully find out a surgery date. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Had a touch base phone call from Quin yesterday, he should be home this coming Saturday for a week. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm back on track with cutting out gluten, sugar and dairy from my diet. I will try it once again for 21 days and see if things continue to improve. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I had a pretty good sleep last night, feeling rested this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I had time this past weekend to get one of my books read. Still an arm load to get through. *grin* Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Mr. Ground Hog says it will be an early spring...dare I hope! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm grateful for healthy food to eat, fresh water to drink and a warm place to live. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm grateful for family and friends that care about each other. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm grateful for a new day of life and the opportunity to make it the best day yet. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great day because you choose to.
Sunday, February 03, 2013
On Friday I spent several hours cleaning up my computer and finding all the updates that I needed to download. Generally hoping to have it run more efficiently. Yesterday morning I logged back on to find that all but the points wheel on Spark people was working. It didn't seem to matter what I did, I couldn't get the spark wheel to display. Okay, so no points gathered yesterday. I sent off a note to Spark asking them for any suggestions. They recommended that I uninstall Adobe flash and reinstall to see if that would fix the problem. Much appreciated as that was one of the downloads that I had updated.
I tried all day yesterday to no avail. This morning, same thing. I uninstalled everything that was adobe and reinstalled it, still no luck. So finally I thought I would go in through Internet Explorer (I use Mozilla FIrefox as my search). It wasn't appearing there either, so uninstalled and reinstalled again just to see...Voila! it appeared when I used IE. Alright, if I have to use IE for my Spark stuff, I could live with that. I pinned IE to my taskbar for easy access and then switched over to Firefox...SparkPeople is saved as my home page....and Voila....there was the spark wheel on my Firefox! Why, how and what....I have no idea...all I care about is that it is once again working. Thank you computer angels....I may not know what I am doing, but you are always there to help me out!
1. My computer is all cleaned up and working much better now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Rain, snow and melting happening yesterday...and I did not have to go out in it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I had nice clean floors for about 1/2 an hour until the dog came back in...even wiping her feet doesn't stop the paw prints...but I got to enjoy clean floors for a bit *grin* Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4.The girls are coming over to help to clean some snow off the roof and to help with shoveling. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. A nice chat with my neighbor across the street as we were both out shoveling the snow at the same time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Garry's Mom called yesterday and we had a great chat with her. Thank you, thank you, thank you that she is doing well.
7. We have found some potential property to purchase by a nice lake in central Alberta. We will go and check it out in the spring. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have been blessed with a new day of life in which to make wise choices and keep a positive attitude. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Garry put on his coat and stood out on the back deck for awhile yesterday just to keep the dog outdoors playing in the snow and burn off some of her energy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. We are blessed that we have all that we need. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day, smile and be happy.
Saturday, February 02, 2013
My schedule is so messed up that I thought yesterday was ground hog day. Sorry if I confused anyone else. Today is also my niece's birthday. Yesterday was a big day for her. She was awarded a Hero's medal for having saved the life of a child in a cougar attack. So proud of her.
Yay, warmer temperatures, only minus 2 today! Hopefully some of that snow will start to melt a bit, giving me more room to pile snow when it snows again! I will try to remember to take a picture or two so that you can see my snow banks.
My floors are driving me crazy...I hate yucky floors and with having the dog here and her running in and out multiple times a day, my floors are not clean. I can't get down on my hands and knees right now to wash them so having to make do with a mop, which never seems to clean as well as I like. Siggghh. Oh well.
Sage was a very bad girl yesterday while I was a work. She literally chewed my apple tree to piece. She has a wood fetish and anything wood she loves to chew on. I almost cried when Garry texted me at work to tell me. That poor little tree was doing so well. Now if I can only keep her away from my other apple tree and pear tree. Looks like we might be planting a new apple tree this spring. Garry scared the heck out of me when he texted me yesterday as only part of the message appeared on the screen as I open the phone, I had to scroll down to see the rest of the message. First part that I saw said " I have bad news, the dog killed....." OMG, the first thing that ran through my mind was "the cat", then " the squirrel, that lives in our back trees" and I'm thinking that I'm going to be dealing with all this as Garry has a broken leg. Then I scroll down to see the rest of the message " your apple tree entirely". Ok, ok, I can laugh about it now, but at the time my heart almost stopped and I was sick to my stomach. I'm not happy about my apple tree, but it can easily be replaced.
My thank yous:
1. Thank you for warmer temperatures that mean I can get outdoors and clean off the driveway and back and front decks without freezing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Thank you for being able to laugh at ourselves, life's too short to take things so seriously. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Thank you for the kind (unknown) neighbor that so kindly used their snowblower to clean the sidewalks the other night when it snowed. It saved me a lot of work yesterday morning before I had to head for work. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please bless their kindness.
4. Thank you for helping me to get my computer drivers etc. upgraded on my own, saving me having to take it into the have someone else do it.(Although I have to figure out what I did that has made the spin for points wheel disappear on my Spark page) Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Thank you for the this weekend that allows me time to do my housework and get caught up on all the chores. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Thank you for being able to sleep in to almost 7 this morning. I needed the sleep. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you Lord that all our needs are met and help me to continue to be a wise steward of all that I have. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry's appointment to see the specialist has been postponed until the 19th of this month, thank you that it was not a last minute change. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for my brave niece and her courageous heart. Bless her today on her birthday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for Spark People and this avenue to stay supported and challenged. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Silly Saturday...let laughter be the sound you hear from yourself today.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts