Sunday, February 03, 2013
On Friday I spent several hours cleaning up my computer and finding all the updates that I needed to download. Generally hoping to have it run more efficiently. Yesterday morning I logged back on to find that all but the points wheel on Spark people was working. It didn't seem to matter what I did, I couldn't get the spark wheel to display. Okay, so no points gathered yesterday. I sent off a note to Spark asking them for any suggestions. They recommended that I uninstall Adobe flash and reinstall to see if that would fix the problem. Much appreciated as that was one of the downloads that I had updated.
I tried all day yesterday to no avail. This morning, same thing. I uninstalled everything that was adobe and reinstalled it, still no luck. So finally I thought I would go in through Internet Explorer (I use Mozilla FIrefox as my search). It wasn't appearing there either, so uninstalled and reinstalled again just to see...Voila! it appeared when I used IE. Alright, if I have to use IE for my Spark stuff, I could live with that. I pinned IE to my taskbar for easy access and then switched over to Firefox...SparkPeople is saved as my home page....and Voila....there was the spark wheel on my Firefox! Why, how and what....I have no idea...all I care about is that it is once again working. Thank you computer angels....I may not know what I am doing, but you are always there to help me out!
1. My computer is all cleaned up and working much better now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Rain, snow and melting happening yesterday...and I did not have to go out in it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I had nice clean floors for about 1/2 an hour until the dog came back in...even wiping her feet doesn't stop the paw prints...but I got to enjoy clean floors for a bit *grin* Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4.The girls are coming over to help to clean some snow off the roof and to help with shoveling. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. A nice chat with my neighbor across the street as we were both out shoveling the snow at the same time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Garry's Mom called yesterday and we had a great chat with her. Thank you, thank you, thank you that she is doing well.
7. We have found some potential property to purchase by a nice lake in central Alberta. We will go and check it out in the spring. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have been blessed with a new day of life in which to make wise choices and keep a positive attitude. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Garry put on his coat and stood out on the back deck for awhile yesterday just to keep the dog outdoors playing in the snow and burn off some of her energy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. We are blessed that we have all that we need. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day, smile and be happy.
Saturday, February 02, 2013
My schedule is so messed up that I thought yesterday was ground hog day. Sorry if I confused anyone else. Today is also my niece's birthday. Yesterday was a big day for her. She was awarded a Hero's medal for having saved the life of a child in a cougar attack. So proud of her.
Yay, warmer temperatures, only minus 2 today! Hopefully some of that snow will start to melt a bit, giving me more room to pile snow when it snows again! I will try to remember to take a picture or two so that you can see my snow banks.
My floors are driving me crazy...I hate yucky floors and with having the dog here and her running in and out multiple times a day, my floors are not clean. I can't get down on my hands and knees right now to wash them so having to make do with a mop, which never seems to clean as well as I like. Siggghh. Oh well.
Sage was a very bad girl yesterday while I was a work. She literally chewed my apple tree to piece. She has a wood fetish and anything wood she loves to chew on. I almost cried when Garry texted me at work to tell me. That poor little tree was doing so well. Now if I can only keep her away from my other apple tree and pear tree. Looks like we might be planting a new apple tree this spring. Garry scared the heck out of me when he texted me yesterday as only part of the message appeared on the screen as I open the phone, I had to scroll down to see the rest of the message. First part that I saw said " I have bad news, the dog killed....." OMG, the first thing that ran through my mind was "the cat", then " the squirrel, that lives in our back trees" and I'm thinking that I'm going to be dealing with all this as Garry has a broken leg. Then I scroll down to see the rest of the message " your apple tree entirely". Ok, ok, I can laugh about it now, but at the time my heart almost stopped and I was sick to my stomach. I'm not happy about my apple tree, but it can easily be replaced.
My thank yous:
1. Thank you for warmer temperatures that mean I can get outdoors and clean off the driveway and back and front decks without freezing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Thank you for being able to laugh at ourselves, life's too short to take things so seriously. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Thank you for the kind (unknown) neighbor that so kindly used their snowblower to clean the sidewalks the other night when it snowed. It saved me a lot of work yesterday morning before I had to head for work. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please bless their kindness.
4. Thank you for helping me to get my computer drivers etc. upgraded on my own, saving me having to take it into the have someone else do it.(Although I have to figure out what I did that has made the spin for points wheel disappear on my Spark page) Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Thank you for the this weekend that allows me time to do my housework and get caught up on all the chores. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Thank you for being able to sleep in to almost 7 this morning. I needed the sleep. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you Lord that all our needs are met and help me to continue to be a wise steward of all that I have. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry's appointment to see the specialist has been postponed until the 19th of this month, thank you that it was not a last minute change. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for my brave niece and her courageous heart. Bless her today on her birthday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for Spark People and this avenue to stay supported and challenged. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Silly Saturday...let laughter be the sound you hear from yourself today.
Friday, February 01, 2013
We don't need to see the ground hog today to tell us that we are having 6 more weeks of winter! I have the shoveling of snow to prove that this morning! Although we are supposed to be having warm temps this weekend, I don't think it's going to be enough to say that spring is on it's way anytime soon.
One month of the new year is already behind us, a new month lies before. I love the beginning of new months...so many possibilities and opportunities to explore. Each new day is a surprise filled with blessings.
My Thank yous
1. Thank you for the warmer temperature this morning as I shovel the snow before heading to work. No wind chill factor to battle and no blowing snow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Thank you that it is Friday once again and the close of another work week. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3.Thank you for the blessing of Sage's company, she certainly keeps me moving with all the in and out she needs. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Thank you for the gift of healing in Garry's leg. He sees the specialist next Friday and we both are trusting that there will be no surgery necessary. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Thank you for the blessings of my work schedule that allows me time to meet Garry's schedule without undue pressure. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Thank you for our girls that lend a helping hand so willingly. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you for the beauty that is in each of the seasons that we get to experience. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Thank you for freedom of choice and all the opportunities to learn and grow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for the gift of mobility that helps me to get about without assistance. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for the facial muscles that allow me to smile, such a wonderful gift to share with others that costs nothing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
No snow shoveling this morning and it's only minus 21, woo hoo!
This is the crazy weather this winter. Absolute freezing temperatures one week and then plus temps a week later, tons of snow and then melting. Weird, weird, weird.
Last day of January and heading into a new month tomorrow. Ground hog day just around the corner and we will see how accurate our ground hog it *grin*.
1. I managed to get the snow removed from the driveway and sidewalks yesterday morning before work without freezing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Garry had his times messed up for his regular doctors appt yesterday, we arrived an hour early, but they were nice enough to get Garry in early rather than making us sit and wait. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the kindness.
3. It was payday yesterday and all the bills are paid. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. No new snow to shovel this morning, in fact warmer temperatures are on their way. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Some fact finding information that Garry and I had requested arrived yesterday, now we can make some further plans. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. So blessed that we don't have to be concerned anymore about Kaeli's old car not having heat in this weather. Thank you for her being blessed with a new car. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you for the gift of healing that is at work in Garry's leg. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Thank you for the gift of health in all of our families lives. We are indeed blessed with so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for the reminders that we are to be good stewards of all that we receive and own. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for the blessing of guidance in our lives, that when we allow God to work in our lives that all things work out for the best. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a blessed and wonderful day.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Just checked the temperatures for this morning, ewwww....minus 25 with wind chill bringing it to minus 35. Warmer than yesterday, but it's not so nice for having to shovel snow in! It's time to bundle up warm and just get it done without whining.
1. Although it's cold out there, I'm blessed that I have warm clothes and shelter to keep me warm. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. It's actually pay day today, not like I thought yesterday! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I had a pretty good sleep last night, only woke up once that I know of. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Nice long chat on the phone with my SIL yesterday. It's been awhile since we chatted. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Despite the super cold temperatures yesterday, we had a mostly sunshine day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. We are down to only about 3 months of winter left. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm learning more and more about what I can and cannot eat without side effects. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have a nice container filled with cantaloup to take for my snack today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Slowly making my way through my arm full of books from the library. I love having such fantastic access to great books. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm blessed with the ability to shovel snow and move my body. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great day. Turn your negatives into positives by doing an attitude adjustment.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts