Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Yay, it didn't snow over night and I don't have to shovel snow first thing this morning. It's not that I mind the exercise, it's the trying to not fall on icy patches hidden under the snow that is the problem. One of us with a broken leg is enough!
My fellow early morning co-worker is gone on holidays for two weeks. I will take on some of his duties while he is gone, while others will take on some of his other duties. It's nice to have co-workers that can step in and help while one is away.
It looks like we will have Sage (the dog) with us now until Saturday. Quin texted me last night to let me know that the job is taking longer than expected. Not a problem, she is a good girl and pretty easy to take care of. She misses him though and every time she hears the garage door open, she starts to get excited thinking that her master is home. Poor girl.
1. I have a nice apple and a gluten-free bagel for my breakfast this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Getting a text message from Quin last evening letting us know how things were. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Kaeli and I had a safe trip into the city at rush hour yesterday and were able to get all her supplies for her Silversmithing class. Her girlfriend in Australia signed her up for a class as a Christmas present. It's something she has been longing to do for a while. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. No new snow to shovel this morning, I don't have to rush so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Gail and I have been able to roll out the new selecting tool for our selectors and now it's up to them to use it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm doing pretty good on keeping gluten, dairy and sugar out of my diet. I'm noticing some minor differences in how I am feeling. I haven't been able to follow precisely as it is amazing how many things have one or the other in them. I'll keep on trying thought. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I will have time after work today to stop and get some unsweetened coconut milk. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry's leg is giving him signs that it's beginning to heal, I'm keeping positive that when he goes back to see the specialist on Feb 8, that he won't need to have the surgery. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I enjoy the added security of the friendly bus driver who is parked on his break in front of the library each morning as I walk from the staff parking lot to the staff entrance at work. It's dark out in the mornings and it's nice to have someone who greets you with a wave and notices that you are there. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have a new day ahead of me, filled with untold opportunities to be the best I can be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Wednesday, make it the kind of day that's filled with wise choices.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Yet more snow to shovel this morning. The girls came over last evening and shoveled snow for us. We are supposed to continue to have snow everyday this week! Enough already! God Bless the snow removal guys for the county, they came by with all their equipment last night and at least cleaned the street. We do have a major pile of snow down the center of our street which makes it tricky for getting in and out of our driveways, but at least we won't be getting stuck in the street anymore.
The young neighbor boy managed to get stuck in front of our driveway on Saturday night, which really chewed things up. Ahhh, winter, you just got to love that Mother nature has her own agenda.
We celebrated Kaeli's birthday yesterday, today we celebrate our teammate Shirl and her hubby Clenton's 47th wedding Anniversary, and then next week at our house again we will celebrate my hubby's birthday.
1. We are so blessed to have the girls living close enough that it isn't difficult for them to help out with the snow shoveling. I do it in the mornings and they come over in the evenings. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. It looks like we will have Quin's dog with us this whole week, thank you that we are able to help him out as he is working out of town and can't take her with him. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. The county snow crews that came and cleared so much of the snow off our street last night. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am doing well at being mindful of what I am eating, even last night with it being Kaeli's birthday. I was able to purchase a gluten-free birthday cake. I allowed myself a very small piece even though it had sugar and dairy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I get to go to the city after work today to help Kaeli get her supplies for her silversmith class...our treat for her birthday present. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. It's only minus 12 this morning, doesn't appear to be any wind, so shoveling snow this morning shouldn't be too bad. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. We are blessed as a family with great health, despite the bum knee and the broken leg *grin*. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am blessed with being mindful of our finances and having learned to live within our means, outside of our mortgage and vehicles we have no debt. So blessed. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Our goal is to be completely debt free within the next 5 years.
9. I am blessed with a new day of life, I'm excited to see what the day holds for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with the ability to communicate with those around me, so that I am understood. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful and opportunity filled day.
Monday, January 21, 2013
1. Happy Birthday to my gorgeous first born! 37 years ago this morning, our beautiful and much longed for daughter entered the world and blessed us with her presence. She was a delight as a baby and has grown into an remarkable and beautiful young woman. I am blessed to call her my daughter as well as my friend. My life has been made so much richer by her choosing to share herself with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you Kaeli.
2. I have the opportunity to get my exercise in first thing this morning with shoveling snow, thank you that the temperature is only minus 17 this morning and the wind seems to have died down. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. We have been blessed with Sage's company this weekend, she has been a great source of entertainment. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I had a great sleep last night, so pleased as Sunday nights are not always that way. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have been feeling better since cutting out gluten, dairy and sugar completely. The inflamation in my knee has even gone done. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am choosing to wisely with my nutrition and have upped my water intake and seeing better results. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am blessed with the ability to be Garry's legs and feet while he deals with his broken leg. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have a nice warm home to live in, a warm place to park my vehicle and only a short drive to get to work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. We are blessed to live in the community we live in. It's a very proactive community when it comes to living green. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have a job I love doing and am blessed to not only enjoy my job but to work for the employer that I do. Thank you, thank you. thank you.
Have a wonderful Monday. Put the weekend behind you and move forward into a healthy week of living.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
It's Sunday already and it feels like I haven't even had a weekend yet! Busy day yesterday with puppy sitting and running errands etc. Today it's more of the same.
The girls came over last evening and brought a new Sorry game. Our old one is about 30years old and very well used. The new one though is not quite the same. It has one less man per color and the rules have changed a bit. The cards are also smaller ( I guess for smaller hands seeing as it's a kids game) and they are more difficult to shuffle due to the size. We did have a fun game anyway. The girls even bundled up and shoveled snow for us as well as took the dog out for some crazy playing and burning off of her energy. Bless their hearts.
1. Sage, she is such a great and obedient dog. Quin has trained her well. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Shyra and Kaeli for coming over and shoveling snow and playing outside with the dog. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. It's minus 25 this morning and I'm blessed that I don't have to be going anywhere. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. A fun evening with the girls. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Shyra's boyfriend came and picked up the girls last evening so that I didn't have to go out. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. My crock pot...I love that I can make healthy soups and stews in it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm blessed with wonderful friends and family who offer me support, encouragement and love. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. We are blessed with a big backyard that allows us to enjoy nature, to have family gatherings, to enjoy gardening and gives Sage a great and safe place to play. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. January is a 3 payday month. Yay. I love getting a jump start on the bills. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have been blessed with a new day of life to enjoy and celebrate being alive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Serenity Sunday, give thanks for all the blessings in your life.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
We are puppy sitting this weekend. Quin has to work out of town and is unable to take the dog with him. There went my free weekend! Not much sleep last night as Kismet was not a happy cat that there was a dog in the house and overnight to boot! Wait until she realizes that it will be tonight also.
Sage has so far managed to chew a couple of branches off my healthy apple tree, dig through the snow into my garden and now there is dirt everywhere and leave puppy footprints everywhere in the kitchen. Sigghh. She really is a good dog, just bored at our house. She is used to being on the go constantly with Quin.
1. Kaeli was able to bring Garry home from work yesterday as I had the dog and didn't want to take her in my vehicle to go and get Garry. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I was able to get lots of the ice removed from the driveway and sidewalk with the warmer weather that we had yesterday. Yay for my ice scrapper tool. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Yay, no snow to shovel this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. It's the weekend and I can catch up on my house work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have awesome team mates that help me to stay focused on the positives in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm entering day 4 of having eliminated gluten, sugar and dairy from my life. For me, the hardest part is not having my cream in my tea! I'm starting to feel less bloated for sure. Even the inflamation in my knee has gone down.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm blessed with a body that gives me mobility. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have an arm load of books that I brought home from the library yesterday, lots to read over the next few days. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. The plus side of Garry breaking his leg and me having a bum knee right now, is that we have both confirmed that this house (4 level split) is not a good fit for us anymore. Definitely not right now, but potentially into the future as we age. We are seriously considering finishing the renos and putting the house on the market in another year. Everything happens for a reason. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with a loving and wonderful family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great Saturday, don't forget to find your humour.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts