Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Yet more snow to shovel this morning. The girls came over last evening and shoveled snow for us. We are supposed to continue to have snow everyday this week! Enough already! God Bless the snow removal guys for the county, they came by with all their equipment last night and at least cleaned the street. We do have a major pile of snow down the center of our street which makes it tricky for getting in and out of our driveways, but at least we won't be getting stuck in the street anymore.
The young neighbor boy managed to get stuck in front of our driveway on Saturday night, which really chewed things up. Ahhh, winter, you just got to love that Mother nature has her own agenda.
We celebrated Kaeli's birthday yesterday, today we celebrate our teammate Shirl and her hubby Clenton's 47th wedding Anniversary, and then next week at our house again we will celebrate my hubby's birthday.
1. We are so blessed to have the girls living close enough that it isn't difficult for them to help out with the snow shoveling. I do it in the mornings and they come over in the evenings. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. It looks like we will have Quin's dog with us this whole week, thank you that we are able to help him out as he is working out of town and can't take her with him. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. The county snow crews that came and cleared so much of the snow off our street last night. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am doing well at being mindful of what I am eating, even last night with it being Kaeli's birthday. I was able to purchase a gluten-free birthday cake. I allowed myself a very small piece even though it had sugar and dairy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I get to go to the city after work today to help Kaeli get her supplies for her silversmith class...our treat for her birthday present. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. It's only minus 12 this morning, doesn't appear to be any wind, so shoveling snow this morning shouldn't be too bad. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. We are blessed as a family with great health, despite the bum knee and the broken leg *grin*. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am blessed with being mindful of our finances and having learned to live within our means, outside of our mortgage and vehicles we have no debt. So blessed. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Our goal is to be completely debt free within the next 5 years.
9. I am blessed with a new day of life, I'm excited to see what the day holds for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with the ability to communicate with those around me, so that I am understood. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful and opportunity filled day.
Monday, January 21, 2013
1. Happy Birthday to my gorgeous first born! 37 years ago this morning, our beautiful and much longed for daughter entered the world and blessed us with her presence. She was a delight as a baby and has grown into an remarkable and beautiful young woman. I am blessed to call her my daughter as well as my friend. My life has been made so much richer by her choosing to share herself with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you Kaeli.
2. I have the opportunity to get my exercise in first thing this morning with shoveling snow, thank you that the temperature is only minus 17 this morning and the wind seems to have died down. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. We have been blessed with Sage's company this weekend, she has been a great source of entertainment. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I had a great sleep last night, so pleased as Sunday nights are not always that way. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have been feeling better since cutting out gluten, dairy and sugar completely. The inflamation in my knee has even gone done. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am choosing to wisely with my nutrition and have upped my water intake and seeing better results. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am blessed with the ability to be Garry's legs and feet while he deals with his broken leg. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have a nice warm home to live in, a warm place to park my vehicle and only a short drive to get to work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. We are blessed to live in the community we live in. It's a very proactive community when it comes to living green. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have a job I love doing and am blessed to not only enjoy my job but to work for the employer that I do. Thank you, thank you. thank you.
Have a wonderful Monday. Put the weekend behind you and move forward into a healthy week of living.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
It's Sunday already and it feels like I haven't even had a weekend yet! Busy day yesterday with puppy sitting and running errands etc. Today it's more of the same.
The girls came over last evening and brought a new Sorry game. Our old one is about 30years old and very well used. The new one though is not quite the same. It has one less man per color and the rules have changed a bit. The cards are also smaller ( I guess for smaller hands seeing as it's a kids game) and they are more difficult to shuffle due to the size. We did have a fun game anyway. The girls even bundled up and shoveled snow for us as well as took the dog out for some crazy playing and burning off of her energy. Bless their hearts.
1. Sage, she is such a great and obedient dog. Quin has trained her well. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Shyra and Kaeli for coming over and shoveling snow and playing outside with the dog. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. It's minus 25 this morning and I'm blessed that I don't have to be going anywhere. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. A fun evening with the girls. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Shyra's boyfriend came and picked up the girls last evening so that I didn't have to go out. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. My crock pot...I love that I can make healthy soups and stews in it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm blessed with wonderful friends and family who offer me support, encouragement and love. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. We are blessed with a big backyard that allows us to enjoy nature, to have family gatherings, to enjoy gardening and gives Sage a great and safe place to play. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. January is a 3 payday month. Yay. I love getting a jump start on the bills. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have been blessed with a new day of life to enjoy and celebrate being alive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Serenity Sunday, give thanks for all the blessings in your life.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
We are puppy sitting this weekend. Quin has to work out of town and is unable to take the dog with him. There went my free weekend! Not much sleep last night as Kismet was not a happy cat that there was a dog in the house and overnight to boot! Wait until she realizes that it will be tonight also.
Sage has so far managed to chew a couple of branches off my healthy apple tree, dig through the snow into my garden and now there is dirt everywhere and leave puppy footprints everywhere in the kitchen. Sigghh. She really is a good dog, just bored at our house. She is used to being on the go constantly with Quin.
1. Kaeli was able to bring Garry home from work yesterday as I had the dog and didn't want to take her in my vehicle to go and get Garry. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I was able to get lots of the ice removed from the driveway and sidewalk with the warmer weather that we had yesterday. Yay for my ice scrapper tool. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Yay, no snow to shovel this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. It's the weekend and I can catch up on my house work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have awesome team mates that help me to stay focused on the positives in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm entering day 4 of having eliminated gluten, sugar and dairy from my life. For me, the hardest part is not having my cream in my tea! I'm starting to feel less bloated for sure. Even the inflamation in my knee has gone down.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm blessed with a body that gives me mobility. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have an arm load of books that I brought home from the library yesterday, lots to read over the next few days. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. The plus side of Garry breaking his leg and me having a bum knee right now, is that we have both confirmed that this house (4 level split) is not a good fit for us anymore. Definitely not right now, but potentially into the future as we age. We are seriously considering finishing the renos and putting the house on the market in another year. Everything happens for a reason. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with a loving and wonderful family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great Saturday, don't forget to find your humour.
Friday, January 18, 2013
Yay, it's Friday. It's been a long week in so many ways. I'm just glad that today is Friday and that I have two days off coming up.
I got a phone call from the specialist offices yesterday telling me that I have another appointment on Feb 12 to see Dr. Glasgow and at that time he will answer all my questions as well as schedule the surgery. I'm thinking to myself..."he couldn't have done all that when I saw him on Wednesday!" No wonder the health care system is in so much trouble. All these extra appointments and x-rays and MRI's for one issue. All I can say is Thank you Lord, that I am in the system and having my knee looked after, but wow, what a waste of time and money. I had to have an x-ray before my family doctor would refer me to a specialist, then I had to have an MRI before a specialist's appointment could be booked, and then another x-ray before seeing the specialist, all within a short period of time. Then Dr. Glasgow tells me that he doesn't even look at the MRI, he only goes by the x-ray! I'm in awe at how things work!
1. I am thrilled that I am not having to wait up to 5 years to have my surgery done as my family doctor told me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Garry's friend picked him up from work yesterday and brought him home, meaning I did not have to go out again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Only a light shoveling to do when I got home from work yesterday. Beats the morning one that took me half an hour to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm doing pretty good on avoiding everything that has sugar and gluten in it. It's amazing how many everyday things contain sugar! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm doing well also at avoiding dairy products (only for the 21 days recommended). I did have a pat of butter on my gluten-free bagel yesterday morning and wow, did it not sit well. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm drinking lots more water as well as peppermint tea, feeling more hydrated again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm blessed with children that call to see if their Dad or I need anything. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. What a blessing to be able to go to the store and purchase fresh veggies and fruit when I need them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I've already been able to identify some foods that my body does not tolerant well and that I will most likely need to eliminate entirely from my diet or at least limit their consumption. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm looking forward to trying some of the substitutions that can possibly replace those foods my body doesn't tolerate well. (i.e. ghee, instead of butter, coconut milk instead of cow's or soy milk.)
Thank you for the blessings of this and every day.
Have a wonderful Friday.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts