Thursday, January 24, 2013
It's going to be a very long day today. At minimum a 10 hour work day, and that is providing that we stay on track at our meetings and don't get bogged down in needing all the i's dotted and the t's crossed. There are some very annal attendees. On the plus side...Shyra and her boyfriend are coming over this evening to help out with the shoveling of snow. We are expected between 5 to 10 cm of snow today. Bless their hearts.
Garry is going to hobble off to work this morning too. One of his co-workers has offered to pick him and take him and then he will either wait for me to be done work or catch a ride home with someone else. Life has a way of working things out so everyone gets what they need.
1. I don't need to shovel snow this morning, the shoveling that I did yesterday after work is still holding! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Shyra and Kyle are going to come over this evening and shovel snow if we get the dump of snow that is predicted. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. So grateful that the snow plows cleared our street a couple of days ago. At least we can get out of our street. With the snow that has fallen since they cleared, it would have been really bad. Thank you, thank you., thank you.
4. What a blessing having Kristy picking Garry up for work this morning so that I don't have leave work to take him. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. We had a phone call from Quin yesterday. It was good to hear that he is doing good in all this freezing weather and snow. His job is an outside job. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Garry enjoyed the white rice pasta that I made last night. It's nice that he is willing to try the gluten-free things with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I was able to get to the grocery store yesterday after work and pick up some more fruit, veggies and some coconut milk. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm doing well on keeping gluten, dairy and sugar out of my diet. I must admit it is not that easy. When you start looking at labels really closely and see how much sugar and dairy is some things, it's really amazing. Salt is another big culprit. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I'm doing as well as I can.
9. Tomorrow is Friday...in my books that is awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have a new day to be all that I have been created to be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Yay, it didn't snow over night and I don't have to shovel snow first thing this morning. It's not that I mind the exercise, it's the trying to not fall on icy patches hidden under the snow that is the problem. One of us with a broken leg is enough!
My fellow early morning co-worker is gone on holidays for two weeks. I will take on some of his duties while he is gone, while others will take on some of his other duties. It's nice to have co-workers that can step in and help while one is away.
It looks like we will have Sage (the dog) with us now until Saturday. Quin texted me last night to let me know that the job is taking longer than expected. Not a problem, she is a good girl and pretty easy to take care of. She misses him though and every time she hears the garage door open, she starts to get excited thinking that her master is home. Poor girl.
1. I have a nice apple and a gluten-free bagel for my breakfast this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Getting a text message from Quin last evening letting us know how things were. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Kaeli and I had a safe trip into the city at rush hour yesterday and were able to get all her supplies for her Silversmithing class. Her girlfriend in Australia signed her up for a class as a Christmas present. It's something she has been longing to do for a while. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. No new snow to shovel this morning, I don't have to rush so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Gail and I have been able to roll out the new selecting tool for our selectors and now it's up to them to use it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm doing pretty good on keeping gluten, dairy and sugar out of my diet. I'm noticing some minor differences in how I am feeling. I haven't been able to follow precisely as it is amazing how many things have one or the other in them. I'll keep on trying thought. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I will have time after work today to stop and get some unsweetened coconut milk. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry's leg is giving him signs that it's beginning to heal, I'm keeping positive that when he goes back to see the specialist on Feb 8, that he won't need to have the surgery. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I enjoy the added security of the friendly bus driver who is parked on his break in front of the library each morning as I walk from the staff parking lot to the staff entrance at work. It's dark out in the mornings and it's nice to have someone who greets you with a wave and notices that you are there. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have a new day ahead of me, filled with untold opportunities to be the best I can be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Wednesday, make it the kind of day that's filled with wise choices.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Yet more snow to shovel this morning. The girls came over last evening and shoveled snow for us. We are supposed to continue to have snow everyday this week! Enough already! God Bless the snow removal guys for the county, they came by with all their equipment last night and at least cleaned the street. We do have a major pile of snow down the center of our street which makes it tricky for getting in and out of our driveways, but at least we won't be getting stuck in the street anymore.
The young neighbor boy managed to get stuck in front of our driveway on Saturday night, which really chewed things up. Ahhh, winter, you just got to love that Mother nature has her own agenda.
We celebrated Kaeli's birthday yesterday, today we celebrate our teammate Shirl and her hubby Clenton's 47th wedding Anniversary, and then next week at our house again we will celebrate my hubby's birthday.
1. We are so blessed to have the girls living close enough that it isn't difficult for them to help out with the snow shoveling. I do it in the mornings and they come over in the evenings. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. It looks like we will have Quin's dog with us this whole week, thank you that we are able to help him out as he is working out of town and can't take her with him. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. The county snow crews that came and cleared so much of the snow off our street last night. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am doing well at being mindful of what I am eating, even last night with it being Kaeli's birthday. I was able to purchase a gluten-free birthday cake. I allowed myself a very small piece even though it had sugar and dairy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I get to go to the city after work today to help Kaeli get her supplies for her silversmith class...our treat for her birthday present. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. It's only minus 12 this morning, doesn't appear to be any wind, so shoveling snow this morning shouldn't be too bad. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. We are blessed as a family with great health, despite the bum knee and the broken leg *grin*. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am blessed with being mindful of our finances and having learned to live within our means, outside of our mortgage and vehicles we have no debt. So blessed. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Our goal is to be completely debt free within the next 5 years.
9. I am blessed with a new day of life, I'm excited to see what the day holds for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with the ability to communicate with those around me, so that I am understood. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful and opportunity filled day.
Monday, January 21, 2013
1. Happy Birthday to my gorgeous first born! 37 years ago this morning, our beautiful and much longed for daughter entered the world and blessed us with her presence. She was a delight as a baby and has grown into an remarkable and beautiful young woman. I am blessed to call her my daughter as well as my friend. My life has been made so much richer by her choosing to share herself with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you Kaeli.
2. I have the opportunity to get my exercise in first thing this morning with shoveling snow, thank you that the temperature is only minus 17 this morning and the wind seems to have died down. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. We have been blessed with Sage's company this weekend, she has been a great source of entertainment. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I had a great sleep last night, so pleased as Sunday nights are not always that way. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have been feeling better since cutting out gluten, dairy and sugar completely. The inflamation in my knee has even gone done. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am choosing to wisely with my nutrition and have upped my water intake and seeing better results. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am blessed with the ability to be Garry's legs and feet while he deals with his broken leg. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have a nice warm home to live in, a warm place to park my vehicle and only a short drive to get to work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. We are blessed to live in the community we live in. It's a very proactive community when it comes to living green. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have a job I love doing and am blessed to not only enjoy my job but to work for the employer that I do. Thank you, thank you. thank you.
Have a wonderful Monday. Put the weekend behind you and move forward into a healthy week of living.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
It's Sunday already and it feels like I haven't even had a weekend yet! Busy day yesterday with puppy sitting and running errands etc. Today it's more of the same.
The girls came over last evening and brought a new Sorry game. Our old one is about 30years old and very well used. The new one though is not quite the same. It has one less man per color and the rules have changed a bit. The cards are also smaller ( I guess for smaller hands seeing as it's a kids game) and they are more difficult to shuffle due to the size. We did have a fun game anyway. The girls even bundled up and shoveled snow for us as well as took the dog out for some crazy playing and burning off of her energy. Bless their hearts.
1. Sage, she is such a great and obedient dog. Quin has trained her well. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Shyra and Kaeli for coming over and shoveling snow and playing outside with the dog. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. It's minus 25 this morning and I'm blessed that I don't have to be going anywhere. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. A fun evening with the girls. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Shyra's boyfriend came and picked up the girls last evening so that I didn't have to go out. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. My crock pot...I love that I can make healthy soups and stews in it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm blessed with wonderful friends and family who offer me support, encouragement and love. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. We are blessed with a big backyard that allows us to enjoy nature, to have family gatherings, to enjoy gardening and gives Sage a great and safe place to play. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. January is a 3 payday month. Yay. I love getting a jump start on the bills. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I have been blessed with a new day of life to enjoy and celebrate being alive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Serenity Sunday, give thanks for all the blessings in your life.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts