Monday, January 07, 2013
What started off as a very quiet lovely Sunday turned into a not so serene afternoon.
My poor hubby slipped and fell while shoveling the driveway. We ended up spending the rest of the afternoon in the city at the Emergency department of Grey Nuns hospital. The poor guy managed to do an impressive spiral fracture of his fibula. As the doctor says, they want to write it up as a case study as there were apparently 5 doctors going over the x-rays as it is almost unheard of to do the break he did without breaking bones in the ankle too. They were all impressed! He will be see an orthopedic specialist in the next couple of days and we will see where things go from there. Unfortunately it is his right leg, which means no driving. Certainly puts an interesting twist into our lives. *grin*.
1. The blessings of Garry's injury are actually many. It was a Sunday, so I was home and he wasn't lying out on the ground with no help. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. What would usually have been several hours in the emergency room, our angels sped things us and we were in and out in 3 hours. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. The fracture that Garry did could have been much worse as it would normally have involved bones in the ankles also. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Kaeli came over and finished shoveling the driveway and sidewalk for us. Bless her heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Quin doesn't have to work this morning, so he is coming to take Dad to his ultrasound appt so that I don't have to take more time off work. I will have to take time during the week to get Garry to his specialist appt. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Just another example of letting go of all the worry and letting God handle things. Everything will work out. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. We can still laugh at ourselves. I told Garry he should have at least done his left leg, that way if you tied the two of us together we have a pair of legs that worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the blessing of humour.
8. I'm thinking that the universe knew why I was given the word "challenge" for my word this year! Thank you universe for your sense of haha. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. We are blessed to have the children we have, as they have already been helping out and we know that we can count on them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. We have both been blessed with a new day of life and will met the challenges of the day with grace and a positive attitude. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
If you can't see the humour in things that happen, you are doomed to a dismal day.
Sunday, January 06, 2013
Ahhh, Sunday, a day to put aside the busyness of the work week and just enjoy relaxing, recharging and time with family.
I had a busy day yesterday tackling my "to do" list. I'm pleased to say that all the Christmas decorations are taken down and are now downstairs . I do still have to rearrange them in the storage room and pack some of them away as soon as my new storage containers arrive. I decided to take on the task of organizing my ornaments etc according to their colors. I have several different color themes that I have accumulated over the years and now it's time to sort them and pack them so that I can pull only the colors that I want each year. I did discover that I had forgotten to gather up the Christmas display in the upstairs bathroom though. So that is now ready to head down to the storage room. Bless Garry's heart for making all the runs up and down the stairs for me. He was such a great help.
I got my floors all cleaned and washed...hopefully all the sparkles have been taken care of. They seem to magically appear months after Christmas! Laundry is done and my New Years letter all done. Yep, busy was the way of life yesterday.
1. Garry's help with all the Christmas decorations. We even got all the outside ones taken care of. The neighbor on the corner, whom we had never officially met, popped over to introduce herself and tell us how much she had enjoyed looking out her kitchen window, washing dishes and seeing our Christmas display. Really blessed our day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. My New Year's letter is all completed and sent. It was fun to review our year and recall all the highlights of 2012. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I have had a couple of great nights sleep. My body has really appreciated it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I love having nice clean floors once again. All the puppy footprints are gone, the sparkles, and the general feeling of my floors not being clean. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Garry and I will have time today to sit down with the calendar and see if it's possible to take some holiday time, even if it's just to be at home. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Our project list is getting smaller each year as we accomplish more and more of the house renos. Only the upper level stairs to do, new flooring upstairs, painting and the ensuite to the master bedroom. We have been blessed with being able to do things bit by bit as the money has become available. It's taken 8 years, but it's nice to have done it without going in debt. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am grateful for all the lessons that have come my way enabling me to grow and learn in spirit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with my children. As adults they are even more amazing. What an honor to be a part of their life journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am grateful for my word for 2013 "challenge" which reminds me daily that I have the choice to challenge myself to be healthier. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. The internet...where would I be without my internet! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a blessed and wonderful Sunday.
Saturday, January 05, 2013
Although we haven't celebrated Ukrainian Christmas yet, it's time to pack away all the Christmas things for another year. I want to get it done this weekend while I have help to do it. Garry has offered to do the running up and down the stairs for me while I pack everything into it's proper boxes. YAY.
I'm still waiting for some ornament boxes I ordered to arrive, but I can still repack things down stairs once they do arrive. I'm excited about having the new cases as they are Snap and Stack cases that will make it much easier to store things as well as for me to see what is in each case. I can then pull the cases I need each year. I have several different color themes that I use and I shift things around each year, so it will be very helpful not to have to unpack everything to find the colors that I need or want.
1. It's the weekend and I will have time to get things organized in my house once again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I have a lovely visit with daughter Kaeli yesterday after I was done work. We were able to catch up on what has been happening in each others lives the past few days. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Garry has his ultrasound appointment first thing Monday morning...and hopefully some answers when he sees his doctor on Wednesday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I had a nice chat on the phone with my cousin yesterday, we had hoped to get together this weekend, but she is down with the flu, so a phone chat will have to do for now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. The finals glitches in the new program that I have been working on for our selectors have been worked out and we should be able to have it up and running by the end of next week. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. More snow expected by next Thursday, but in the meantime, I am enjoying not having to shovel. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Garry and Kaeli's birthdays to celebrate this month, I am so blessed to have both of them in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. What a blessing the Positive Bloggers team has been in my life. I'm so glad that I broke through my fears of starting the team and that we have seen many come and go over the years, it's still remained a place where people can come and feel welcome. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I have been given a gift of another day of life and I will challenge myself to make it a great day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I live in a country that allows me to have freedom of speech, spiritual growth and the freedom to be myself. Thank you to all those who serve this great country in all capacities. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Saturday, share some giggles and laughs.
Friday, January 04, 2013
The first week of January has zipped by and I'm staying away from all the goodies that are still at work!
I stopped at the store on the way home yesterday from work and got some lovely fresh fruit and veggies...I'm set for lunch today!
This weekend will be spent taking down the Christmas decorations, visiting with my cousin (if she is in town this weekend), catching up with family and getting my New Years letter complete and sent.
1. Kaeli arrived home safe and sound on the bus from BC. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Quin was off work and able to pick Kaeli up, meant Garry didn't have to take off work to go and get her. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the schedules that cooperated.
3. Our first major shipment of new material arrived yesterday at work, I will have lots to do today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I have a nice tomato and cucumber salad for my lunch today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. It's Friday....need I say more *grin* Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I have a potential visit with my cousin to look forward to this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm finally back on track with getting all my water into me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm building strength in my upper body once again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. While doing my New Years letter, it's been wonderful to look back on 2012 and see the evidence of so many blessings in our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Blessed with a new day of life and the opportunity to challenge myself and move forward towards the healthy life I want and deserve. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day...it's your choice!
Thursday, January 03, 2013
Kaeli arrives home this morning from BC. I am looking forward to visiting with her and catching up on all the news.
I'm drawing a blank this morning with finding much to say....I must still be sleeping! *grin*
Hoping that everyone is finding their stride into a new year of healthy living. Find your momentum and keep on going.
1. A great day at work yesterday, I was able to get all my pending orders completed and sent. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. The new selecting tool that we are incorporating for our selectors is almost ready to release to them. Thank you, thank you. thank you.
3. Garry seems to have found a doctor that is actually very observant and interested in his health. Something was showing up on Garry's xray, which the doctor wants to follow up with and ultrasound. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Our mild temperatures are continuing for this week, Garry was able to get all the snow and icy removed from the edge of the roof. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Kaeli arrives home today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. We have three paydays this month..Woo Hoo. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am blessed with great co-workers. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have been blessed with a new day of life, I will challenge myself to be the best I can be this day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I get to see my cousin this weekend, I haven't seen her for a couple of years. Thank you, thank you. thank you.
10. I had a great day yesterday filled with lots of steps. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Choose to make today the day that you move forward in your walk to health.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts