Thursday, December 06, 2012
Did we get a snow storm or what yesterday! It only lasted about 4 hours, but we got almost 20cm of snow during that time. Absolute white out conditions. Looking out my windows at work, I couldn't even see across the street. When it was time to go home visibility was only about 10 feet in front of you, you could barely make out the street lights. What a crazy storm.
Yep, you guessed it....snow shoveling was the order of the day when I got home. Thankfully it it was all light fluffy stuff so not so back breaking. My snow pile on the side of the driveway is almost as tall as I am now. It quit snowing not long after I got home and Garry, when he got home last night, shoveled the bit that had accumulated. Not supposed to get more until Saturday. Time to recover!
1. The cuteness of kids...a young guy about 13 walked down the sidewalk after I had shoveled in front of our place, stopped and thanked me for shoveling the sidewalk and told me he appreciated it. I thanked him for letting me know he appreciated it. Then as he walked by, he turned and said to me " your face is like a cherry, you should go in and warm up". Still makes me chuckle. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. All my family members made it home safely yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Quin stopped in on his way home to let me know he was home. (he works out of town each day). Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. The special handmade gift that Kaeli was getting for her Dad for Christmas arrived completely broken despite all the fragile stickers on the box...when she contacted the company...they told her that they would "rush" a new one to her and that they would try to get it to her before Christmas. They are going to take care of contacting the delivery company too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Yesterday was payday....my bills are all paid. Woo Hoo. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. This Saturday is my monthly massage Saturday...sure looking forward to it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm doing what I can each day at work, despite the heavy workload and not allowing the stress to get to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm trusting that God is control of when I see the Specialist and when I get my surgery. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I love how the snow muffles all the sounds and creates a tranquil, peaceful place. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with so much and never want to forget to say thank you for all that I have. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day.
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
We actually had some sunshine yesterday! Awesome! Nothing like a wee bit of sunshine to brighten everyone's mood.
Today....we are to expect yet more snow! So far so good though...I don't have to shovel as yet. *grin*
Garry had a wonderful blessing yesterday. He was acknowledged as "Sales Man of the Year" which included a lovely monetary bonus for him. What a nice blessing, one he so deserves for all his hard work.
We are finally catching up on all the receiving at work. At least we have finally opened all the boxes that have arrived up to yesterday. We do know that there is more yet to come, but at least we are making head way.
1. So thrilled for Garry that all his hard work and dedication has been acknowledged. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. It's Hump day as well as Pay day today. Yay...I love coming home and paying any bills that need to be paid and then knowing what I have left over, in this case for Christmas. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. It's such a blessing to give to others and see the surprise on their faces. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. A very long day yesterday as I had forgotten that there was a meeting at the end of my work day...on the plus side, I was able to bank an extra 2.5 hours of overtime! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Found out on the news last night that one of the churches in Edmonton is having a Bethlehem walk through this weekend. It sounds similar to the one that Wyndy mentioned in their town. Now if I can just get into the city while it's on!. Thank you, thank you, thank you Wyndy for mentioning yours as it caused me to pay attention to the announcement here.
6. Garry is going to help me this weekend with getting some decorating done in the house. Usually my job as he does the outside, but this year he has offered his help. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I have been staying on track with resisting all the goodies at work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Professional Dev. Day coming up at work on Friday. Our library is closed that day while we attend workshops and meetings for planning our next years work load. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am blessed with a new day of life to continue to work towards my goals and to meet and overcome new challenges. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with wonderful friends and family...what more could a person need! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day. Remember it is better to give than to receive.
Tuesday, December 04, 2012
I'm thinking that this whole week at work is going to be an overtime week. We are at major crunch time now. Items need to be received, budgets adjusted and selectors made aware of how much of this year's budget they are going to have to go and do shopping locally in order to spend. Throw in a Professional Dev. Day on Friday and we are good to go!
Bless my youngest daughters heart. Yesterday she came to me at work (we work in the same building) and told me that she would be happy to go out to both of our vehicles and get our parking passes and then return them once we have our new validated passes for 2013. We usually only have to bring our number to renew our passes, but this year they are issuing a whole new one and we need to have it done by the 14th. What a blessing!
1. Working in the same building as my daughter, who so willingly helps me out. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Farmer's Market is going on tomorrow in our Agora in the Community Center. Thank you, thank you, thank you,
3. It's not snowing this morning, no shoveling. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I remembered to pick up the gift cards to give to our delivery guys at work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I got all the baking that I had in the freezer from the weekend transferred into vacuum sealed bags and stored once again. (I had to freeze them first before I could vacuum seal them or they would have crushed.) thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Quin stopped in on his way home from work last night for a wee visit and to share a meal with me. (Garry was working late). Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Texting with my granddaughter, always a pleasure. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm working on remembering to drink my water. I get so busy at work that I forget. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am blessed with wonderful friends and family who love and support me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed to have a warm and safe place to come home to each day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great day, remember those that are not as fortunate as you and see how you too can make a difference in their lives.
Monday, December 03, 2012
We had another dump of snow over night, so I'm out the door in a few minutes to start shoveling so that I can get my vehicle out of the garage and head for work.
I had an nice busy weekend of Christmas baking and candy making. Kaeli and I made a great start on our Christmas list of things to do. Shy wasn't able to join us as she had a change in her plans for the weekend. No problem, we'll catch her next weekend.
Garry and Quin made it back safely from Saskatchewan. They had a great time at Garry's Mom's and with all Garry's siblings.
I need to leave even earlier for work this morning as I forgot to do something over the weekend. I was supposed to pick up 3 gift cards at Tim Horton's. Thankfully they will just be opening as I go to work.
1. Kaeli and I had a great weekend checking off things on our Christmas baking list. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Garry and Quin arrived home safe and sound from Saskatchewan. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. The heavy snow fall held off until Garry was home. Now I have some help shoveling! Thank you, thank you, thank you. (The light snow fall was easier for me to do on my own(
4. Today is our final shipment date from our vendors for 2012. By the end of this week, we should have received almost if not all, of our shipments. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. We have a short work week ahead as Friday we are closed and it is a Professional Development Day for all the staff. It means that I don't have to go in to work until 7:30 am. Woo Hoo. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am keeping a positive attitude and reminding myself that "this too shall pass". Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. It's a new week ahead, which means new challenges and new opportunities. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry is going to haul all the Christmas things up from the basement this week and I will start decorating. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. It's payday week...woo hoo. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Having a close and loving family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great day.
Sunday, December 02, 2012
I started off my morning with laundry, shoveling snow and then a baking spree with my eldest daughter.
We managed to get 6 mini cream cheese loaves, 200 cinnamon butter mints, 15 dozen peppermint cremes and a start on the pretzel Santa hats.
Today is going to see the Santa hats finished, some cookies and some tarts made. Thank you to my daughter for all her help.
We have more to do, but that will have to be another day.
I'm off to shovel snow once again and if all goes well, I won't have to shovel again later. Garry and Quin will be on their way back home today from Saskatchewan. They have had a great time at Garry's Mom's helping her to celebrate her birthday.
1. I only had to shovel snow once yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. A manageable snow fall over night, so will hopefully be able to get it done quickly this morning, Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Kaeli and I had a great day of getting started on all the Christmas baking/gifts yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Another great day of Christmas baking ahead of me today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Garry and Quin will be heading home today....safe travels! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. A crock pot of of veggie stew is now on the go for dinner tonight. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am blessed with a pantry and freeser full of items that I can pull from to do all the baking we want to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I love Christmas and making so many of my/our own gifts. They mean so much more. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I have been blessed with a new day of life and opportunities to learn and grow in spirit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. My kitchen looks like a hurricane has gone through, but my fridge and freezer are filled with lots of goodies. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Serenity Sunday, give thanks for all you blessings.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts