Saturday, December 01, 2012
Not sure what is going on with my computer, but I've spent the past 30 minutes attempting to get my computer to even open up in Windows. I've run all the scans and system restores and I'm finally in, but boy is it working slowly!
Today is baking day. Kaeli is still feeling a bit under the weather, so I'm on my one for right now.
I've been out and shoveled snow as we are supposed to get yet more today. I have laundry on the go and all my baking stuff set up and waiting for me.
1. We didn't get as much snow overnight as expected, so shoveling this morning was much easier that it might have been. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Garry and Quin are having a great time at his Mom's. All but one of the siblings were able to make it. Poor Launda was stuck in Toronto with her work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I'm motivated to get some of my baking for Christmas done today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Kaeli is on the mend from the dose of flu she has been experiencing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have a lovely weekend to get some of my Christmas projects worked on. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. It's December 1st...what a year this year has been, only one month left to 2012. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the blessings we have experienced.
7. I love online shopping....so much easier than battling with crowds, people that are in a rush, and sensory overload, not to mention there is usually so much perfume in the air from all the people and stores that seem to believe that more is better. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I was able to get the second requested x-ray done yesterday and they told me that my dr. should have the results by Tuesday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I have been blessed with a new day of life, bring it on! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with wonderful supportive and caring friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great fun filled day,
Friday, November 30, 2012
It's my MIL's 80th birthday today...hubby and son have gone to spend the weekend with her in Saskatchewan. All of Garry's siblings will be gathering there too as a surprise to her.
I would love to have gone, but work keeps me at home. This is our busy time of year and I wasn't able to get yesterday and today off work. Oh well.
I am letting go of my frustration and letting God take control of the situation. I will do my part of stopping after work at the Dr.s off ice, picking up the required forms and go and get another x-ray done so that hopefully next week sometime they can send in my referral to the specialist.
At this point I will stop as I feel the negative energy building. Deep breaths, Wanda, let it go.
1. Only a light snow yesterday and Garry was home still to do the shoveling. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Garry and Quin arrived safely last night at his Mom's place. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. It's Friday! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I will do my part in getting the process going for my referral and allow God to do His part in the process. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am thankful for the gift of healing that is at work in my body. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I have had a good week with putting on my steps. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am building my list of foods that my body is no longer tolerating and find substitutes for those items. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am grateful for my MIL and the blessing that she brings to our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I have a new day of life ahead of me and will work to be mindful and grateful for all that it holds in store. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. The weekend is almost here and I can sleep past 4:30 am, woo hoo! I don't have to get up for work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a blessed and wonderful day,
Thursday, November 29, 2012
I got my results finally from my MRI...the good news...I got my results, the bad news...I got my results.
It turns out that my knee is a wee bit more damaged than I originally thought. I did tear my medial ligament, in fact it is severed. I have had a severe tear in the ligament that runs below the kneecap, it has mended but left lots of scar tissue. That one most likely occurred when I injured my knee several years ago. I have severe osteo arthritis in the joint, behind the kneecap and the knee cap itself, which is beginning to disintegrate. When I tore my side ligament, it must have caused the knee joint to pull out of place a bit as when it went back into place, it captured some muscle tissue in the joint. As the doctor explained it....it's like you have taken two bricks and slapped them together hard with a play dough in between. The play dough (muscle) has squished out where ever it can. Which would account for the fact that in the morning, my knee is not too bad, but by nighttime it's swollen and sore. The more I use the joint during the day the more irritated that bit of muscle becomes. My knee will never get any better only worse. Apparently I am looking at a complete knee replacement. I have yet to be referred to a specialist (which I'm told could take months to get an appt.), in turn the specialist has to decide how urgently I need a replacement. This whole process, according to my family doctor could take up to 5 years!
On the plus side...I now know what is wrong with my knee and because of my intolerance for medications, I may find that it will play a huge part in me being bumped up the list for a replacement.
Needless to say, I am also going to look at whatever options are out there to enable me not to have to wait 5 years for any treatment.
My Thank you's:
1. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I now have some answers regarding my knee.
2. Thank you, thank you, thank you that the Lord knows what needs to occur and is in control of things.
3. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I have a brace for my knee that helps to keep it stable as I walk.
4. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I can still walk.
5. Thank you, thank you, thank you that Quin and Garry are able to leave this afternoon for Saskatchewan. They should be home on Sunday. Please grant them traveling mercies Lord.
6. Thank you, thank you, thank you that we did not get the dump of snow yesterday while I had to be on the roads. Unfortunately it has started this morning.
7. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all Garry's siblings being able to gather at their Mom's to help her celebrate her 80th birthday tomorrow.
8. Thank you, thank you, thank you the gift of life and the opportunities for learning and spiritual growth that come my way each day.
9. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a very busy week at work, the time has flown by!
10. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I have freedom of choice and that being mindful is one of those choices.
Have a blessed and wonderful day.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Today is finally the day that I will get some answers about my knee. I have a doctors appt this morning and hopefully some constructive answers.
This afternoon I have a meeting at a partner library in Fort Saskatchewan, so will be a long day for me.
Snow shoveling will be my exercise of the day. We have been told that the snow should start around 6 am this morning and continue for the next 2 days. I am so glad that I have the brace for my knee as I am thinking it's going to be coming in very handy.
Garry and Quin (and dog) are leaving tomorrow afternoon for Kindersley to attend his Mom's 80th birthday celebration. All of Garry's siblings are going to surprise her with a visit and to help her celebrate a milestone birthday. I'm trusting the good Lord to provide them with travel mercies there and back.
1. The day of answers has finally arrived. Good or bad I will be just relieved to have some answers. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am so pleased that Quin is able to take some time off work and go with Garry. It's such a long drive and especially on winter roads. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Both Garry and I are blessed to have "On Star" hooked up in our vehicles. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I have a nice warm and comfortable bed to sleep in at night. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. My girls are coming over this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am thrilled to be able to park in the garage this winter. No scraping of the windows! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. We are blessed with a neighbor that kindly has been using his snow blower to clean the side walk in front of our house, saving us having to shovel by hand. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry's job is still there. The new owners are making some sweeping changes, not all of them positive. On the plus side Garry's still has a job. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am blessed with a new day of life, another opportunity to be the best I can be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am learning that although all things are not in my control, I can still move comfortably through life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great and wonderful day,
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Wow, did we have a busy day at work yesterday. We had a shipment of 22 boxes added on to the boxes we had delivered on Friday! Those boxes of materials need to be unpacked, organized according to invoice and then received. On the plus side....woo hoo material is arriving which means budgets are being spent!
Today will be more of the same as yesterday. As we are still working our way through the boxes, receiving and as we move towards our shipping deadline for this year with our vendors, we will likely have more deliveries today.
I need to stop at the store on my way home from work today to pick up a few items that I will need for the baking spree this weekend. I also need to organize the freezer once again to hold all the stuff we plan on baking. Although, the great outdoors is a huge freezer now, so it's not like I won't have a place to keep things frozen *grin*.
1. All the material that is arriving at work, means that budgets are getting spent and our patrons will have lots of new materials to borrow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. The wind rows (snow banks) that the graders left down the middle of our street have been removed. Now we don't have to drive down the wrong side of the street anymore to get to the cross roads. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Finally figured out what to get our youngest for her upcoming birthday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Tomorrow is hopefully the day that I will get the results of my MRI. I will call today to see if they have arrived at my doctors office. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Technology that allows the medical field to see beyond what the physical eye can see. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Early morning quiet time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Hot water that allows me to take a shower in comfort. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. The necessities of life are a given in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Neighbors that are blessing to live next door to. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. A new day of life to work once again on becoming the best person that I can be today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day. Take the time to be grateful for all your blessings.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts