Thursday, November 29, 2012
I got my results finally from my MRI...the good news...I got my results, the bad news...I got my results.
It turns out that my knee is a wee bit more damaged than I originally thought. I did tear my medial ligament, in fact it is severed. I have had a severe tear in the ligament that runs below the kneecap, it has mended but left lots of scar tissue. That one most likely occurred when I injured my knee several years ago. I have severe osteo arthritis in the joint, behind the kneecap and the knee cap itself, which is beginning to disintegrate. When I tore my side ligament, it must have caused the knee joint to pull out of place a bit as when it went back into place, it captured some muscle tissue in the joint. As the doctor explained it....it's like you have taken two bricks and slapped them together hard with a play dough in between. The play dough (muscle) has squished out where ever it can. Which would account for the fact that in the morning, my knee is not too bad, but by nighttime it's swollen and sore. The more I use the joint during the day the more irritated that bit of muscle becomes. My knee will never get any better only worse. Apparently I am looking at a complete knee replacement. I have yet to be referred to a specialist (which I'm told could take months to get an appt.), in turn the specialist has to decide how urgently I need a replacement. This whole process, according to my family doctor could take up to 5 years!
On the plus side...I now know what is wrong with my knee and because of my intolerance for medications, I may find that it will play a huge part in me being bumped up the list for a replacement.
Needless to say, I am also going to look at whatever options are out there to enable me not to have to wait 5 years for any treatment.
My Thank you's:
1. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I now have some answers regarding my knee.
2. Thank you, thank you, thank you that the Lord knows what needs to occur and is in control of things.
3. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I have a brace for my knee that helps to keep it stable as I walk.
4. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I can still walk.
5. Thank you, thank you, thank you that Quin and Garry are able to leave this afternoon for Saskatchewan. They should be home on Sunday. Please grant them traveling mercies Lord.
6. Thank you, thank you, thank you that we did not get the dump of snow yesterday while I had to be on the roads. Unfortunately it has started this morning.
7. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all Garry's siblings being able to gather at their Mom's to help her celebrate her 80th birthday tomorrow.
8. Thank you, thank you, thank you the gift of life and the opportunities for learning and spiritual growth that come my way each day.
9. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a very busy week at work, the time has flown by!
10. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I have freedom of choice and that being mindful is one of those choices.
Have a blessed and wonderful day.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Today is finally the day that I will get some answers about my knee. I have a doctors appt this morning and hopefully some constructive answers.
This afternoon I have a meeting at a partner library in Fort Saskatchewan, so will be a long day for me.
Snow shoveling will be my exercise of the day. We have been told that the snow should start around 6 am this morning and continue for the next 2 days. I am so glad that I have the brace for my knee as I am thinking it's going to be coming in very handy.
Garry and Quin (and dog) are leaving tomorrow afternoon for Kindersley to attend his Mom's 80th birthday celebration. All of Garry's siblings are going to surprise her with a visit and to help her celebrate a milestone birthday. I'm trusting the good Lord to provide them with travel mercies there and back.
1. The day of answers has finally arrived. Good or bad I will be just relieved to have some answers. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am so pleased that Quin is able to take some time off work and go with Garry. It's such a long drive and especially on winter roads. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Both Garry and I are blessed to have "On Star" hooked up in our vehicles. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I have a nice warm and comfortable bed to sleep in at night. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. My girls are coming over this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am thrilled to be able to park in the garage this winter. No scraping of the windows! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. We are blessed with a neighbor that kindly has been using his snow blower to clean the side walk in front of our house, saving us having to shovel by hand. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry's job is still there. The new owners are making some sweeping changes, not all of them positive. On the plus side Garry's still has a job. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am blessed with a new day of life, another opportunity to be the best I can be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am learning that although all things are not in my control, I can still move comfortably through life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great and wonderful day,
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Wow, did we have a busy day at work yesterday. We had a shipment of 22 boxes added on to the boxes we had delivered on Friday! Those boxes of materials need to be unpacked, organized according to invoice and then received. On the plus side....woo hoo material is arriving which means budgets are being spent!
Today will be more of the same as yesterday. As we are still working our way through the boxes, receiving and as we move towards our shipping deadline for this year with our vendors, we will likely have more deliveries today.
I need to stop at the store on my way home from work today to pick up a few items that I will need for the baking spree this weekend. I also need to organize the freezer once again to hold all the stuff we plan on baking. Although, the great outdoors is a huge freezer now, so it's not like I won't have a place to keep things frozen *grin*.
1. All the material that is arriving at work, means that budgets are getting spent and our patrons will have lots of new materials to borrow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. The wind rows (snow banks) that the graders left down the middle of our street have been removed. Now we don't have to drive down the wrong side of the street anymore to get to the cross roads. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Finally figured out what to get our youngest for her upcoming birthday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Tomorrow is hopefully the day that I will get the results of my MRI. I will call today to see if they have arrived at my doctors office. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Technology that allows the medical field to see beyond what the physical eye can see. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Early morning quiet time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Hot water that allows me to take a shower in comfort. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. The necessities of life are a given in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Neighbors that are blessing to live next door to. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. A new day of life to work once again on becoming the best person that I can be today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day. Take the time to be grateful for all your blessings.
Monday, November 26, 2012
A very busy week ahead, in fact the next couple of weeks will be crazy busy at work. December 3rd is our final ship date from all our vendors. What this means is that anything that we have on order with them that is ready to be shipped will be shipped! Anything that can not be shipped by that date will be held until January 2nd shipping. This allows us to receive all materials that are to come out of this years budget by Dec. 31.
Basically we should have received all items from this years budget by mid month of December and will have then next few days to move all unshipped items over to the 2013 budget and unencumber 2012 money so that it can be spent locally shopping by our selectors. A crazy time of year for us.
It wouldn't be so bad it we were able to do global changes in our system, but unfortunately we have to go in manually to every title that is not shipped and change the budget for that item. Time consuming....yep!
My thank you's:
1. I have a job that keeps me busy and challenged. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I have an appointment to hopefully get the results of my MRI on Wednesday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I am blessed with an awesome husband and children. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am blessed with excellent health. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am blessed with the ability to move my body without assistance. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am blessed with a life that encourages me to learn and grow and become the best that I can be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am blessed with all the necessities of life and God even throws in some extras too! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am blessed by the opportunity to open our home to welcome others. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am blessed to be a part of a major surprise for Christmas. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with this new day of life to be all that God has created me to be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day, it's your choice!
Sunday, November 25, 2012
I'm going through my Christmas recipes and trying to decide which ones I want to make this year. I'm planning on giving much of it away as gifts. Next weekend my girls and I are going to begin our baking spree. Should be lots of fun.
We got a bit of snow yesterday, but not enough to have to get out there and start shoveling. With the way the sky looks this morning though, it might be a different story.
My thank you's:
1. Thank you that the snow plows came through our residential street yesterday and plowed the snow. Now if they only come back today and remove all the big windrow they left in the middle of the street, that would be awesome. Having to drive down the wrong side of the street to get to the intersection is not fun! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Thank you for the get together with Shyra and Kyle yesterday. We had a great time at lunch with them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Garry's good eyes and taste helped to spot the perfect Christmas ornament for our granddaughter yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Thank you that I have warm clothes to wear during the winter months. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Thank you for all the Christmas decorations we have collected over the years that help to make our home looking like the holidays. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Thank you that we are all on the same page about opening our home during the holidays to others. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you that as a family we allow ourselves to be used as God sees fit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Thank you for the daily blessings that come our way and for the ability to appreciate them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for the gift of healing that is restoring and mending not only my body, but the body of Garry. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for those around us that are still with us because their life mission is not yet done. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day, be grateful for all the blessings in your life.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts