Saturday, November 10, 2012
I got home from work yesterday to a phone message telling me that the MRI appointment that I have already waited 7 months for has been cancelled as apparently their machine is broken. So no MRI appointment for me today. They did rebook it though for Nov 21, so at least that isn't that much farther away. Unfortunately the time that I have to go means that I will need to take some time off work now, but at least it's getting done.
I do still get to go this morning for my monthly massage, so that is a plus. YAY.
PS....I joined a great site yesterday called Ebates.ca. It is free to join and offers you cash back for shopping at your regular stores as well as coupons. Check it out. The stores on the site ship to US and Canada. You will get a cheque back quarterly and you can track your account on the site.
1. My new appointment for my MRI is at least this month. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. It's massage morning for me today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. It's stopped snowing finally! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I get to go for groceries today instead of shoveling snow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. My co-worker shared some awesome homemade spices with me yesterday. He grinds all his own spices and creates wonderfully aromatic combinations. I am excited to use them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I have a long weekend ahead of me to get things done and relax in. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Quin stopped in for a brief visit last night on his way home from work. Sage is loving all this snow...definitely a snowbaby! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I've been blessed with a new day of life and am excited to see what the day holds in store for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. My vision board is coming together and I will soon have it up on the wall for me to see each day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with an awesome and wonderful family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great fun filled Saturday.
Friday, November 09, 2012
Okay, enough already Mother Nature. My snow banks are already high enough. On the plus side we have three vehicles parked side by side in the driveway at the moment, so there won't be lots of driveway to shovel, mainly the sidewalks....at least until after I get home from work and then if this snow doesn't stop there will be lots.
Now is the time that I need to check all the emergency supplies and make sure that everything we might need is available. I would rather be prepared than caught unaware.
1. I had a break from shoveling snow yesterday, time to recover from all that heavy wet stuff. This new snow seems to be more light and fluffy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. A phone call from Quin last night to let us know that he is managing ok on the highways as he travels back and forth to work and that he will be working all weekend once again. Thank you, thank you, thank you that he is being granted traveling mercies.
3. It's Friday and I have a long weekend ahead of me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. It's my monthly massage day tomorrow as well as finally getting my MRI done. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. The county has been great at clearing all the roads making it easier to get around. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the workers that are working around the clock.
6. I have a great salad to take for my lunch today, thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I brought an armful of books home from the library yesterday, so lots of reading material to choose from this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am blessed with mobility to get myself around. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am blessed with a warm and comfortable place to live. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10 and best of all....I am blessed with friends and family and a whole lot of love. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a fantastic Friday,
Thursday, November 08, 2012
Wow, did the snow come down yesterday! It started about 7am and quit about 12 hours later. It was filled with moisture, so shoveling was a workout! We got almost 2 feet of snow in that time span. My vehicle, at work was very hard to distinguish from all the other mounds of snow in the parking lot. It was a good thing that I always park in the same spot *grin*. I was not looking forward to getting home and needing to shovel the driveway and the sidewalks in front of the house. What a blessing to drive up our street and see that Garry had left work to come home and get most of it done before I got there. When I went out around supper time to shovel once more, the neighbor had cleared the sidewalk up to our driveway with his snowblower...another great blessing.
If this is an indication of what our winter is going to be like, I'm thinking that a snowblower might be a great investment for us. Garry and I aren't getting any younger and boy that snow was heavy to move.
1. Arriving home from work to find that Garry had a large portion of the driveway already cleared. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Neighbors with snowblowers that graciously did the sidewalk in front of our house. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. The snow has quit falling, at least for now. No shoveling this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. My staying on track and not partaking of any of the "treats" that are available in our department at work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have a long weekend coming up this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Great co-workers and a great job. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I have been getting in lots of steps between work and shoveling snow. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Blessed with a new day of life in which to be mindful and aware of all opportunities to become a better person. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Blessed with wonderful friends and an awesome family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Blessed with all my needs being met. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day.
Wednesday, November 07, 2012
Two very long overtime days already this week at work and I'm looking forward to possibly getting away on time today!
Not only is it Hump day, it's payday! Woo Hoo. I love coming home and paying any bills that waiting for me. Such a great feeling to owe no one any money other than the mortgage.
This month is beginning to fill up with things that need to be done or invitations to things. Another busy month is shaping up.
1. I am grateful that I do not have to drive on the highways to get to work, the roads are icy this morning due to the rain/snow mix that fell during the night and the temps are at minus 3 this morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please grant those that do have to travel on the roads travel mercies Lord, help them to be wise with their decisions. Amen.
2. I am grateful for my warm bowl of porridge in the morning that helps to keep me on track with my eating. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I am grateful for my job which gives me a payday every two weeks and allows me to pay any bills that have arrived. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am grateful for the gluten-free cookbooks that I can borrow from the library which allow me to try new recipes, especially with Christmas coming. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am grateful for the confirmation phone call last night to confirm that my MRI is still on for this Saturday.
6. I am grateful for my busy days a work that help to make the day go by quickly and show that my job is necessary to my employer. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am grateful for the gift of healing that is at work healing and mending my body. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am grateful for the health in myself and in my family, we are so blessed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am grateful for the phone calls my hubby makes each day to me to see how my day has gone and to touch base with me, it shows me that he cares. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am grateful for the opportunity to keep on improving on myself and to learn new things. Thank you, thank you,. thank you.
Have a great and wonderful day,
Tuesday, November 06, 2012
Lately it seems that I have been living each day one step at a time. There is so much happening at work and in life in general that to look at the big picture is too overwhelming. I'm down to "let's just get through this one day and let tomorrow take care of itself" mode. I'm not complaining just explaining.
I'm heading into the busy season in my personal life. We have 12 birthday celebrations between now and Christmas and then we have Christmas. Then January brings us even more birthday celebrations. Thankfully not all the birthdays require than getting together to celebrate. We also have a dinner get together on the 18th with out of town family. Staff development day on Dec 7th and so on and so on. Ahhh, you just have to love life and taking things one day at a time.
1. I am so thankful that the day is designed with only 24 hours in it and I get to sleep some of that time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am so thankful that the rain stopped and the roads were able to dry of with all the wind so that roads were not icy last evening as temps dropped.
3. I am so thankful to see some sunshine yesterday. What a great boost to the moral. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am so thankful for great reading material that offers me ideas to contemplate. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the written word.
5. I am so thankful that each morning as I log onto our team's page, I have posts to read that encourage and support me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am so thankful for healthy food that is available to me and to serve my family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am so thankful for the a great night's sleep last night, I am rested and ready for the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am so thankful for meditation time that allows me to slow down, focus and be still. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am so thankful for God's grace, it reminds me that if I am given grace by God, that others deserve the same grace from me too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am so thankful for the joy of living another day and having the opportunity to become a better person. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day. What are you thankful for?
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts