Thursday, November 01, 2012
Yesterday was a tough day at work and last evening was a tough one too. Today I have my last dental work done and all I can say is ....Thank you Lord for being here with me.
I had a situation at work with the manager of our Adult Services department and that finally ended with me having to go to my manager and have her follow the proper channels and go to the director about the issue. Thank you Lord, that You worked things out so that the best outcome was arrived at. I hate strife and conflict, but even more I hate lack of respect.
Around 4:30 I got a phone call from Kaeli, who was in tears and had a hard time telling me what was wrong. She had just received word that a very good friend had died. A heart breaking night for all of us as we knew Serge also. At this point we haven't many details, but my gut feeling tells me that it may have been suicide. Please keep his family in your prayers as fly over from France to Vancouver to deal with what is necessary.
All in all a tough day yesterday on many levels. On the plus side....I did the right thing at work as I have peace about it and know that God's hand was in control and I was able to be right for Kaeli when she needed Mom.
Today, it's off for my final appointment at the dentist's. I'm praying for a quick session and pain free time.
1. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord for the outcome for the situation with the AS manager at work.
2. Thank you, thank you, thank you, that I was home from work and able to be there for Kaeli when she received such devastating news.
3. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the knowledge that God's hand is at work in Serge's family and that God loves Serge and will heal him from all his conflicts.
4. Thank you, thank you, thank you for Garry making it home safe and sound from work last night. The roads are treacherous with ice.
5. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I have a long weekend to look forward to this month.
6. Thank you, thank you, thank you for Dawnelle and her sense of humour that is so delightful. She always make a person laugh.
7. Thank you, thank you, thank you for online shopping! I need to get some Christmas ideas flowing and with my knee acting up, walking around the malls is not happening right now.
8. Thank you, thank you, thank you that my family is on board with simplifying Christmas and getting back to more homemade things.
9. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the gift of a new day of life, help me to appreciate and give thanks for each challenge and blessing that comes my way today.
10. Thank you, thank you, thank you for answered prayer.
Have a wonderful day, take your challenges and find the lesson in them and give thanks for the opportunity to learn and grow.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Good Morning to all and a Happy Halloween to all that participate.
We are at a chilly minus 8 this morning with temps not supposed to get much higher during the day, same temp this evening. I don't anticipate too many little ones this evening. School night as well as cold and mostly older kids in our area now.
No snow to shovel this morning though...yay! I did have to shovel yesterday morning and then when I got home. A reprieve for today and then we are supposed to get a dump again tomorrow morning.
1. I am grateful for the knee brace that helps to keep my leg sturdy, especially when out shoveling snow on icy pavement. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am grateful for my meeting with my selectors manager yesterday that I believe finally got through the message that budgets need to be spent (by today!) Anything order after today will be coming out of their 2013 budget. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I am grateful for a warm house and place to live especially during cold weather. My prayers are with those that do not have the same comforts. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am grateful for a new day of life that enables me to continue to work towards being a better and healthier person. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am grateful for my local library that keeps me supplied with wonderful reading material. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am grateful that Garry has a great job and that he works so diligently on behalf of his clients and his family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am grateful for how quickly the time is passing now before my MRI appt. on Nov 10th. I am looking forward to finally having some results on my knee issues. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am grateful for have power, running water and all the necessities of life. I remember the days of having to use the outhouse and having our water delivered once a week to a 45 gallon drum! Thank you, thank you, thank you for my easy living.
9. I am grateful for Kismet who gives unconditional love and teaches me so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am grateful that I can trust God to help me through any and all situations in my life, knowing He has my best interests. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great and wonderful day.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
These are the strangest weather patterns ever. Hurricane Sandy and all that it seems to entail, snow in mid October and then predicted plus temps all next week! Earthquakes in Western Canada...do you think that this is a wake up call that we need to be better guardians of our planet or perhaps God's way of telling us that we need to get ourselves prepared for yet more weird things to come. So many possibilities and the choice is ours as to whether or not we make any personal changes.
Yes, it's true....you can't change the global world, but you can change yourself and your own personal space. By changing yourself and your personal space, you ultimately can create change by example.
1. I am grateful that I have been following my inner promptings over the past few years and attempting to reduce my own carbon footprint. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am grateful that although I am still an infant when it comes to growing my own produce, I'm learning and becoming better at it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I am grateful that if a disaster struck, my family would be able to survive on it's own through my preparedness. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am grateful for all the blessings that have come our way to assist us in being prepared. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am grateful for a good night's sleep so that I am ready to face the challenges of the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am grateful for the gift of a new day, to learn and grow and be the best person that I can be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am grateful for my job, my co-workers and my employer. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am grateful for learning to be more mindful and aware of all that I do and say, and how I can make more positive choices. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am grateful being surrounded by others that encourage and support me in my quest to be healthier and wiser. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am grateful for the food that is available to me and that we are eating as healthy as possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Keeping those that are effected by Hurricane Sandy in my prayers.
Monday, October 29, 2012
Exercise routine has changed to snow shoveling once again. Yep, I have to shovel snow again this morning before I can go to work. Garry shoveled last night and I had hoped that I wouldn't have to do it this morning...but Mother Nature has my health on her mind and wants me to exercise!
It will be a quick blog and a quick check in with the team as shovel will cut into my time!
1. Shoveling snow is great exercise and I get lots of extra steps into my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. It's a new work week and I'm rested and ready to face it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. We had a great visit with Quin yesterday as he stopped in on his way home from work. Shared a meal with us and we caught up on each others news. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Although my knee still gives me some issues, I can walk and am blessed with mobility. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have my health and am working on being the healthiest I can be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I have an awesome family that supports and encourages each other and works together as a team. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am well on my way to reaching my goal of having 6 months supply of all the necessities, next goal will be to have a one year's supply. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8.I have been blessed with another day of life, thank you, thank you, thank you. I have so many things I still wish to accomplish.
9. I am blessed with a winter jacket, mittens and a hat to keep me warm outdoors. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with a job that allows me to create the life that I desire one step at a time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day,
Sunday, October 28, 2012
It's a good day for staying in. It's overcast (again) and it's a damp cold that is happening outdoors. I don't have to be anywhere, so a nice cup of hot beverage and a good book seem like a great idea for the day.
I finally got out to the do my grocery shopping yesterday and made some headway in getting household chores done. Today, there might be a Costco run, but only if it is necessary.
Kaeli popped over last night for a visit and she and I spent some time going through all my old jewellery deciding if they were things that she could remake into newer style jewellery or not. I had no idea that I had collected so many different items over the years as I seldom ever wear any jewellery other than my wedding band. I'm not a jewellery person. Seeing as Kaeli has really gotten into making and creating jewellery, what a great use for some of the pieces that I had stashed away.
1. I am grateful for finding a great way of recycling items that I don't use and giving Kaeli an opportunity to remake them into great pieces. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am grateful for being able to go for groceries yesterday and getting everything that I needed without worry about the cost. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I am grateful for my faith that has taught me to express my concerns and needs and then believe that answers will come when the timing is right. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am grateful that travel mercies have been extended to our son as he travels back and forth to work each day on a highway that does not have good travel conditions during the winter months. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am grateful for the daily blessings that come my way and the mindfulness that helps me to recognize them and give thanks. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am grateful for the internet that helps to keep me informed on happenings in the lives of friends and family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am grateful for our local library that provides me with great reading material that either inspires me or teaches me something, even just giving me a happy escape time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am grateful for my husband and children that love me unconditionally and whom I love the same. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am grateful for the gift of healing that is restoring and mending my body so that it works in perfect accordance to God's plan. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am grateful for this new day of life that allows me to begin anew and work towards an excellent result by day's end. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a blessed and wonderful day. You too have been given a wonderful gift of life today, be grateful for it.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts