Friday, October 26, 2012
The week has gone by quickly with the work load on my desk, but I'm still thrilled that it is Friday! A nice weekend ahead of me. This has been a very chock-full week. Not only did I have a busy week with work, I had dental that drained me, we had a very emotional and never before incident that occurred at work that left all of us in shock, I had job shadowing yesterday morning with a co-worker, part of the inter-departmental training that we do and it snowed last night! Today, I'm hoping for just a plain ordinary day at work *grin*.
We have nothing major planned for the weekend, just the usual household chores and I do need to go for groceries.
1. God's grace and strength has brought me through a very tough week, thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Although it has snowed over night, I am not going to have to shovel snow this morning before going to work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. My tail bone is slowly healing, I can sit for longer periods of time, thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am doing very well on getting my steps in this week. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I have some great reading material waiting for me to read, now I just need to find the time *grin*. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Things are falling into place for Garry's Mom's surprise 80th birthday celebration at the end of November. Now we just have to pray for good traveling weather for everyone. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. My new cover/case for my iPad has arrived and now I can take it with me when I need to without worry of it getting scratched or damaged. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I have been blessed with a new day of life for which I am so grateful for. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I have a staff pizza party to look forward to next Wednesday at work. The social committee has offered to purchase a gluten free pizza for my benefit also, which means that I can join them in the staff room. Bless their hearts. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. It is Fabulous Friday...Yay, then end of a long and busy work week and a weekend ahead. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great day because you choose too.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Thank you to all who offered a word of prayer on my behalf yesterday. I am so grateful to you all as well as to the answer to those prayers.
Not only was I able to sit in the dentist chair (with my tail bone) for an hour and a half...but my dentist was able to do the work quickly and pretty much pain free. He knows me very well and froze me so well that it took several hours for the freezing to wear off. I had some nausea from the freezing, but nothing that I wasn't able to handle. Bless his heart and his assistants for keeping a running commentary between themselves that kept me focused on what they were talking about rather than what was happening in my mouth. My jaw is still a bit tender this morning due to the TMJ, but warm compresses have helped. I have one more appt next week to finish off the replacements that need to be done and I'm good for the next 30 years at least!
1. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I have a dentist that is so compassionate and wonderful.
2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for answered prayer and that I only had mild nausea from the freezing.
3. Thank you, thank you, thank you for payday yesterday and that all my bills are paid once again.
4. Thank you, thank you, thank you that the snow has been missing us, although the temps are cold, I can deal with that.
5. Thank you, thank you, thank you helping me keep on top of my work load this week.
6. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the opportunity to job shadow with Susan this morning and learn how my job interacts with her job.
7. Thank you, thank you, thank you Estelle's companionship on our virtual walk. What an encouragement and blessing to have her along side of me.
8. Thank you, thank you, thank you that I am becoming a healthier person each day.
9. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the lessons that present themselves to me on a daily basis so that I can grow and learn.
10. Thank you, thank you, thank you for family and friends in my life, they very lives are a gift and I appreciate them.
Have a wonderful day,
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
I'm running on nervous energy today. Trying hard to be positive and to keep calm and centered. All due to the fact that I have a dental appointment today. I don't mind as much going to the dentist for a cleaning, but my dentist has decided that my fillings that I have had for going on 40 years need to be replaced. Get rid of the metal and put a new composite in in. Okay, sure. My problem is I'm trying hard not to be a baby about it....but in actually fact....I'm terrified. My dentist knows how bad this is for me, so I know he is trying to make things go as smoothly as possible. Because I had TMJ, he also doesn't want to keep my mouth open any longer than necessary, but is pushing the limit today with an hour and a half appointment. He wants to work on one side completely and then next week finish off the other side with a much shorter appointment. Prayers please...especially that my jaw will not lock and that everything goes smoothly and quickly.
1. I am grateful that I have a dentist who understands my fears and is doing what he can to get me through these two appointment. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am grateful that the electrical work that Garry needed done yesterday cost less money than we had originally thought. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I am grateful that I have been able to get as many orders completed as I have already this week. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am grateful for dental and medical coverage and that I do not have to use either very often. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am grateful that the snow fall that hit Calgary did not extend as far north as us yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am grateful being able to leave work early today to attend my dental appointment. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am grateful Garry's Mom neighbor who graciously offered to clean her driveway and sidewalks again this winter. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am grateful for the gift of healing that is mending and restoring my body. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am grateful for a new day of life and the opportunity to meet the challenges that the day will bring. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am grateful that I have friends and family that support and encourage me as well as lift me in prayer when I need it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a great day. ( I'm working on having one too!)
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Yesterday saw me with a very busy day at work. I ended up staying late to attempt to finish an order I was working on. I didn't in the end get it finished as it would have involved staying much too late. I will finish it off this morning and then begin all over again with other orders that need to be completed by tomorrow.
We have an electrician coming around supper time today to do some work for Garry in his garage. He needs a couple of extra plug ins for his tools and a separate breaker system for something else. It's his domain...so I really don't know what he needs. Derrick will know, so I guess that is all that matters. Garry hopes to be home, but it will be me that is just in case.
It looks like any plus side temperatures are a thing of the past already. We aren 't even supposed to make it above zero during the daytime at all this week. It's minus 8 this morning and yesterday saw us with a minus 14 with windchill. Yep...it's winter time!
1. I am so grateful to have a warm and comfy bed to crawl into at night and the knowledge that I will be warm all night. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I am grateful for my flu shot that I received yesterday and being able to receive health benefits thru my employer. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I am grateful for a remote start on my vehicle, which means that I can stay warm inside my house while I start my vehicle. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I am grateful that my vehicle has heated seats so that I don't freeze my butt when I get in to drive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I am grateful for this week being payday week....yay...bills will be paid. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I am grateful for my internet that enables me to stay in touch with friends and family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I am grateful for the blessing of a new day of life, each day brings me closer to the person that I desire to be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I am grateful for our dental plan that allows me to see my dentist without added costs. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am grateful that I only have a couple more weeks left before I get my MRI on my knee. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am grateful for all the opportunities that arise each day to allow me to learn and grow as well to put into practice the things I have learned. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day....remember that the choices you make are also the results you will get.
Monday, October 22, 2012
I have another very busy week ahead of me at work...Yay...time will most likely whiz by once again.
I had a great relaxing weekend, the first time in a very long time that we haven't had things on the go. Not that we couldn't have, but we chose to say no and just stay at home. We did doggie sit on Saturday and did have Quin and Kaeli over for a couple of hours on Sunday, but that was the extent. I didn't even leave the house all weekend!
The snow that we got on Saturday has all gone....yay....although there is lots of damp around, so roads are icy in the evenings and early morning.
I need to make an appt for a haircut soon. I should by now be able to sit long enough in the chair to get it cut. My tail bone is slowly but surely mending.
1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wonderfully relaxing weekend. I feel like I have actually had a recharge.
2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a great nights sleep last night. Sunday nights are usually not so restful.
3. Thank you, thank you, thank you the leftover potato soup from last night's supper. We have a great lunches to take with us today.
4. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the opportunity to have a free flu shot at work today that will help to keep me healthy all winter.
5. Thank you, thank you, thank you to safe travels of many of our friends who head to Arizona for the winter months.
6. Thank you, thank you, thank you Beth, who next week when I bring my iPad to work, is going to show me how to download ebooks from the library.
7. Thank you, thank you, thank you for family and friends that fill my live with so much joy.
8. Thank you, thank you, thank you for snow free roads to go to work on.
9. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the blessing of a new day of life giving me the opportunity to live the lessons I have been learning.
10. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my co-workers and the great job that I have.
Have a wonderful day because you are choosing to make it a wonderful day.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts