Monday, September 10, 2012
How blessed our lives are. We have so much to be grateful for and by living a grateful life we ensure that it remains filled with things to be grateful for. Giving thanks is such a simply thing to do, yet gives us so much reward. Try it, see if it isn't true in your own life.
My list of thankfuls:
1. I am thankful for my home that provides me with shelter from the elements, keeping me warm and dry.
2. I am thankful for a mind that is capable of understanding and processing the world around me, leaving me grateful for all that I have and all that I don't have.
3. I am thankful for the harvest that comes from my garden, providing food for the winter months that is healthy and nutritious.
4. I am thankful for my health and the way my body repairs itself and maintains it self.
5. I am thankful for my cat and her unconditional love.
6. I am thankful for my job that pays me well and allows me to pay my bills.
7. I am thankful for Kefir grains that fill me with probiotics and help to keep me healthy without the use of synthetic medications.
8. I am thankful for Sparkpeople and the information they provide free of charge. The website allows me to gain the information that I need to be as healthy as I can be.
9. I am thankful for Garry and my children, the love and support that they provide me is wonderful.
10. I am thankful for eyes that can read allowing me to learn and grow.
How easy is it for you to come up with 10 "thankfuls" each morning? Each day that I do this, becomes easier than the day before. I find that through out my day, I am living in more awareness and gratitude. At night before going to bed, I review my day and give thanks for the best part of my day. Going to sleep at night with gratitude on my heart eases the way into sleep and is allowing me to wake-up the next morning in a great frame of mind.
Yep, I'm blessed.
Have a wonderful day,
Saturday, September 08, 2012
We have certainly been having our fair share of wind this year. Once again this morning we are experiencing 35km winds. On the other hand, it's better than the 50km winds that we have been having.
The big news for music fans....Paul McCartney is coming to Edmonton on November 28. We are one of his two stops in Canada, the other being Vancouver. I'm not surprised that he would choose Western Canada considering his uninformed last appearance in Eastern Canada in regards to the seal hunt. Whether or not a person is for or against the seal hunting, you do at least need to have your facts in place if you are going to make world stage comments. It's the same as Kevin Bacon flying his personal plane to the Alberta oil sands to try and show the world just how "BAD" the oil sands are to the world. I'm wondering how he thinks that his plane got there...magic I guess! I always get very frustrated with the people that go on and on about how bad the oil sands are and what a huge carbon footprint they are leaving, when if they would only consider their own actual carbon foot print and clean that up first before trying to shut down the very thing that allows them to live the lifestyle that they do. How do they think their cars and planes run, how much "plastic" do they use on a daily basis etc.? Recycling is great as long as you know what can actually get recycled here in Canada and what gets shipped to China. Now there's a huge carbon foot print for you!
Ok, I will get off my soap box now.
Yes, I am doing my part in eliminating the "plastic" that comes into my home. I use glass containers (that unfortunately have plastic snap on lids). The plastic lids are at least re-useable as opposed to plastic wrap. I use cloth bags for my groceries, I use mesh bags to put my veggies and fruits in at the store instead of the plastic bags they provide. I may pay a cent more due to the weight of the bag, but I'm willing to do that. I consider carefully the amount of plastic in anything I buy before it comes into my home. A difficult endeavor, considering how much petroleum product is in everything that is produced. I plan my trips in my vehicle so that we are using the least amount of gas to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. I buy in bulk. I re-use as much as I can any plastic containers that come into my home and I attempt to buy only those containers that can be recyled in Canada.
Ooops, I said I was getting off my soap box.
My grateful list:
1. I am grateful for awareness about my own carbon footprint and that by looking hard enough, I can find ways to reduce it to preserve the earth.
2. I am grateful that today is my massage day and that the knots in my back will be gone today.
3. I am grateful for a lovely visit from Shyra and her boyfriend last evening, it's so nice to know that they like to come over.
4. I am grateful that this work week is over and that by next week all the remaining computer issues will be fixed.
5. I am grateful for the sun shine today, it makes me happy.
6. I am grateful for the my angels and guides that surround me and offer me guidance and encouragement.
7. I am grateful for the gift of today and plan to make it the best day yet.
8. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow mentally, spiritually and physically.
9. I am grateful for all the onions that I was able to pull from my garden, now I know what I need to plant next year for amount and how easy it is to grow them.
10. I am grateful for Garry's willingness to work a second freezer into our budget so that I can freeze things instead of canning many of them.
Have a fun day, smile, laugh and enjoy the gift of life.
Friday, September 07, 2012
This has been a very long week. Not sure why the week after a holiday long weekend always seems to be so long, but it is!
Our IT guys finally got most of the computer issues sorted out after the upgrade. Just a couple of tweaks need to be done on my and Gail's computers, but at least for the moment we can actually do our jobs again.
Next week will be another busy week. We have some of our vendor reps coming for their semi-annual meeting with us and we will be playing catch up on things we weren't able to get done this week.
Had a beautiful day outside yesterday. I got to spend a few minutes on my back deck just enjoying the pleasure of being out there again. Pulled all my onions and they are drying now. This weekend it will be the tomatoes and potatoes that get pulled. We are supposed to get more rain again and I am concerned about my potatoes getting too much water.
My grateful list:
1. I am grateful for the IT guys getting most of my computer issues fixed enabling me to do my job properly.
2. I am grateful for Garry being able to get home from his work before I had to go to bed last night. We were able to have a nice visit.
3. I am grateful for massage day tomorrow and Wendy's magic hands.
4. I am grateful for my Fitbit which helps me to keep moving.
5. I am grateful for co-workers as they are a great group of people to work with.
6. I am grateful for life and the challenges that come my way helping me to put into practice learning as well as to learn.
7. I am grateful for Shirl, Estelle, Mauri, Wyndy, Lexie, Polly, Kathy, and so many others who help to encourage and support me on my journey in life.
8. I am grateful for hearing, even if I do hear ringing in my ears regularly. I love the sounds of nature, the busy little squirrel that runs across our back fence, the school kids as they explode from the school after being indoors working, my hubby's and children's voices, so many sounds that give me a spiritual lift.
9. I am grateful for a mind that organizes my thoughts and allows me to function.
10. I am grateful for all the blessings in my life, big or small...they show that someone cares.
Have a blessed and wonderful day,
Thursday, September 06, 2012
Another new day, what a blessing to be alive and to be granted an opportunity to be the best I can be.
Yesterday found us still limping along at work. I'm hoping that by the time I get in this morning that maybe some of my functionality on my computer has been restored. If not, it will be another day of only being able to do bits and pieces of my job. Oh well, it is what it is.
I had a visit at the dentists yesterday, which was my 6 month cleaning and check-up. My dentist has decided that we definitely need to begin the task of replacing the old fillings seeing as they are about 40 years old! Next month I have to go in to do that. I'm such a baby, I'm already stressing about it. I can handle the cleanings, but any drilling sends me over the top.
I did get in lots of steps yesterday. That is the plus side to not being able to do my work properly...I get to move around more!
My thankful list:
1. I am thankful that my cleaning at the dentists yesterday was quick and easy, thank you angels for your assistance.
2. I am thankful for a new day of life to once again try to grow and learn.
3. I am thankful for my computer issues at work as they allowed me to move around more.
4. I am thankful for Cinnamon Chai tea that gives me that added boost while at work.
5. I am thankful for having dental coverage through both Garry and my work places.
6. I am thankful for Susan abundant apple crop and her willingness to share. I have more apples to do up this weekend.
7. I am thankful for the weather report that tells us that we are supposed to have sunshine for the next 4 days. Yay, I can get some ripened tomatotes maybe from my garden.
8. I am thankful for Farmers Market where I can purchase fresh garden veggies that I haven't grown.
9. I am thankful for the opportunity to attend a work conference in October and meet with some of our vendors.
10. I am thankful for our IT guys that have been working so hard to get things up and running once again at work.
Have a blessed and wonderful day,
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts