Saturday, September 08, 2012
We have certainly been having our fair share of wind this year. Once again this morning we are experiencing 35km winds. On the other hand, it's better than the 50km winds that we have been having.
The big news for music fans....Paul McCartney is coming to Edmonton on November 28. We are one of his two stops in Canada, the other being Vancouver. I'm not surprised that he would choose Western Canada considering his uninformed last appearance in Eastern Canada in regards to the seal hunt. Whether or not a person is for or against the seal hunting, you do at least need to have your facts in place if you are going to make world stage comments. It's the same as Kevin Bacon flying his personal plane to the Alberta oil sands to try and show the world just how "BAD" the oil sands are to the world. I'm wondering how he thinks that his plane got there...magic I guess! I always get very frustrated with the people that go on and on about how bad the oil sands are and what a huge carbon footprint they are leaving, when if they would only consider their own actual carbon foot print and clean that up first before trying to shut down the very thing that allows them to live the lifestyle that they do. How do they think their cars and planes run, how much "plastic" do they use on a daily basis etc.? Recycling is great as long as you know what can actually get recycled here in Canada and what gets shipped to China. Now there's a huge carbon foot print for you!
Ok, I will get off my soap box now.
Yes, I am doing my part in eliminating the "plastic" that comes into my home. I use glass containers (that unfortunately have plastic snap on lids). The plastic lids are at least re-useable as opposed to plastic wrap. I use cloth bags for my groceries, I use mesh bags to put my veggies and fruits in at the store instead of the plastic bags they provide. I may pay a cent more due to the weight of the bag, but I'm willing to do that. I consider carefully the amount of plastic in anything I buy before it comes into my home. A difficult endeavor, considering how much petroleum product is in everything that is produced. I plan my trips in my vehicle so that we are using the least amount of gas to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. I buy in bulk. I re-use as much as I can any plastic containers that come into my home and I attempt to buy only those containers that can be recyled in Canada.
Ooops, I said I was getting off my soap box.
My grateful list:
1. I am grateful for awareness about my own carbon footprint and that by looking hard enough, I can find ways to reduce it to preserve the earth.
2. I am grateful that today is my massage day and that the knots in my back will be gone today.
3. I am grateful for a lovely visit from Shyra and her boyfriend last evening, it's so nice to know that they like to come over.
4. I am grateful that this work week is over and that by next week all the remaining computer issues will be fixed.
5. I am grateful for the sun shine today, it makes me happy.
6. I am grateful for the my angels and guides that surround me and offer me guidance and encouragement.
7. I am grateful for the gift of today and plan to make it the best day yet.
8. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow mentally, spiritually and physically.
9. I am grateful for all the onions that I was able to pull from my garden, now I know what I need to plant next year for amount and how easy it is to grow them.
10. I am grateful for Garry's willingness to work a second freezer into our budget so that I can freeze things instead of canning many of them.
Have a fun day, smile, laugh and enjoy the gift of life.
Friday, September 07, 2012
This has been a very long week. Not sure why the week after a holiday long weekend always seems to be so long, but it is!
Our IT guys finally got most of the computer issues sorted out after the upgrade. Just a couple of tweaks need to be done on my and Gail's computers, but at least for the moment we can actually do our jobs again.
Next week will be another busy week. We have some of our vendor reps coming for their semi-annual meeting with us and we will be playing catch up on things we weren't able to get done this week.
Had a beautiful day outside yesterday. I got to spend a few minutes on my back deck just enjoying the pleasure of being out there again. Pulled all my onions and they are drying now. This weekend it will be the tomatoes and potatoes that get pulled. We are supposed to get more rain again and I am concerned about my potatoes getting too much water.
My grateful list:
1. I am grateful for the IT guys getting most of my computer issues fixed enabling me to do my job properly.
2. I am grateful for Garry being able to get home from his work before I had to go to bed last night. We were able to have a nice visit.
3. I am grateful for massage day tomorrow and Wendy's magic hands.
4. I am grateful for my Fitbit which helps me to keep moving.
5. I am grateful for co-workers as they are a great group of people to work with.
6. I am grateful for life and the challenges that come my way helping me to put into practice learning as well as to learn.
7. I am grateful for Shirl, Estelle, Mauri, Wyndy, Lexie, Polly, Kathy, and so many others who help to encourage and support me on my journey in life.
8. I am grateful for hearing, even if I do hear ringing in my ears regularly. I love the sounds of nature, the busy little squirrel that runs across our back fence, the school kids as they explode from the school after being indoors working, my hubby's and children's voices, so many sounds that give me a spiritual lift.
9. I am grateful for a mind that organizes my thoughts and allows me to function.
10. I am grateful for all the blessings in my life, big or small...they show that someone cares.
Have a blessed and wonderful day,
Thursday, September 06, 2012
Another new day, what a blessing to be alive and to be granted an opportunity to be the best I can be.
Yesterday found us still limping along at work. I'm hoping that by the time I get in this morning that maybe some of my functionality on my computer has been restored. If not, it will be another day of only being able to do bits and pieces of my job. Oh well, it is what it is.
I had a visit at the dentists yesterday, which was my 6 month cleaning and check-up. My dentist has decided that we definitely need to begin the task of replacing the old fillings seeing as they are about 40 years old! Next month I have to go in to do that. I'm such a baby, I'm already stressing about it. I can handle the cleanings, but any drilling sends me over the top.
I did get in lots of steps yesterday. That is the plus side to not being able to do my work properly...I get to move around more!
My thankful list:
1. I am thankful that my cleaning at the dentists yesterday was quick and easy, thank you angels for your assistance.
2. I am thankful for a new day of life to once again try to grow and learn.
3. I am thankful for my computer issues at work as they allowed me to move around more.
4. I am thankful for Cinnamon Chai tea that gives me that added boost while at work.
5. I am thankful for having dental coverage through both Garry and my work places.
6. I am thankful for Susan abundant apple crop and her willingness to share. I have more apples to do up this weekend.
7. I am thankful for the weather report that tells us that we are supposed to have sunshine for the next 4 days. Yay, I can get some ripened tomatotes maybe from my garden.
8. I am thankful for Farmers Market where I can purchase fresh garden veggies that I haven't grown.
9. I am thankful for the opportunity to attend a work conference in October and meet with some of our vendors.
10. I am thankful for our IT guys that have been working so hard to get things up and running once again at work.
Have a blessed and wonderful day,
Wednesday, September 05, 2012
What a day we had at work yesterday. Over the long weekend our IT guys were doing upgrades to the latest Windows7. They put in some very long hours, even working until 2am yesterday morning to try and get things up and running properly. Unfortunately the upgrade did not go as smoothly as they would have hoped. Lots of computer issues yesterday as well as much time spent attempting to get each individual computer set back up correctly. Oddly enough, not everyone had the same issues. It will most likely take the rest of this week to get things all sorted out.
The guys have promised Gail and I that they will have all our hotkeys, mouse abilities and electronic ordering back up and running by the end of the week. In the meantime we are limping along, but still able to do some of our work. We can input manually all the information for ordering, we just can't order as yet. I feel so bad for the guys as this has been a rough few days for them.
1. I am grateful for our IT guys that work so hard to try and get things running properly for us so we can do our jobs.
2. I am grateful that despite the day yesterday, it went by very quickly and our mandatory meeting was only an hour.
3. I am grateful for being able to visit on a regular basis with my dentist, thereby keeping my teeth maintained nicely.
4. I am grateful for cinnamon tea....nothing like a lovely taste of cinnamon as a pick me up.
5. I am grateful for Garry having a work vehicle again today, which enables me to use our own vehicle and keep all my appointments without interrupting Garry's day.
6. I am grateful for healing that is taking place in Kismet. She is eating and more perky once again.
7. I am grateful for being able to get as many steps into my day despite having knee issues. It helps to keep me mobile and burning calories.
8. I am grateful for emails from friends, it is nice to know that I am thought about each day.
9. I am grateful for a new day of life to continue to grow and learn.
10. I am grateful for friends and family that love and encourage me.
Have a wonderful day, keep your focus on your goals and go for it.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts