Wednesday, September 05, 2012
What a day we had at work yesterday. Over the long weekend our IT guys were doing upgrades to the latest Windows7. They put in some very long hours, even working until 2am yesterday morning to try and get things up and running properly. Unfortunately the upgrade did not go as smoothly as they would have hoped. Lots of computer issues yesterday as well as much time spent attempting to get each individual computer set back up correctly. Oddly enough, not everyone had the same issues. It will most likely take the rest of this week to get things all sorted out.
The guys have promised Gail and I that they will have all our hotkeys, mouse abilities and electronic ordering back up and running by the end of the week. In the meantime we are limping along, but still able to do some of our work. We can input manually all the information for ordering, we just can't order as yet. I feel so bad for the guys as this has been a rough few days for them.
1. I am grateful for our IT guys that work so hard to try and get things running properly for us so we can do our jobs.
2. I am grateful that despite the day yesterday, it went by very quickly and our mandatory meeting was only an hour.
3. I am grateful for being able to visit on a regular basis with my dentist, thereby keeping my teeth maintained nicely.
4. I am grateful for cinnamon tea....nothing like a lovely taste of cinnamon as a pick me up.
5. I am grateful for Garry having a work vehicle again today, which enables me to use our own vehicle and keep all my appointments without interrupting Garry's day.
6. I am grateful for healing that is taking place in Kismet. She is eating and more perky once again.
7. I am grateful for being able to get as many steps into my day despite having knee issues. It helps to keep me mobile and burning calories.
8. I am grateful for emails from friends, it is nice to know that I am thought about each day.
9. I am grateful for a new day of life to continue to grow and learn.
10. I am grateful for friends and family that love and encourage me.
Have a wonderful day, keep your focus on your goals and go for it.
Tuesday, September 04, 2012
I'm gearing up for a long day at work today as I have a mandatory meeting which will add another couple of hours on to my work day. I am keeping my focus on the positive though, much easier that way.
It's back to a blustery rainy day again today. I did get a bit of time yesterday to get out and pull some of my onions. Although, I'm going to have to pull them in to a drier spot to cure as the sun is not available to do it's job. I'll put them back out if things dry up a bit.
Our summery weather seems to have deserted us already. These blustery days of fall seem to be what is in store for us. Siggghhh.
1. I'm grateful for having a nice bit of weather yesterday to get a few outdoor chores done.
2. I'm grateful for sales that allowed me to get some new sheers for my DR and LR windows at a very good price.
3. I'm grateful for all the steps I was able to get in yesterday, they keep my knee active.
4. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve on different committees at work, they teach me much about cooperation and teamwork.
5. I'm grateful for having the truck this morning to drive myself to work as I have a long day today and can get home without taking Garry away from the busy part of his day.
6. I'm grateful for a healthy lunch to take to work, I don't have to buy something at the the restaurant.
7. I'm grateful for my Aunt and Uncle who just celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary. Such a great example to follow.
8. I'm grateful for love, laughter and hugs that make each of us feel so a part of this family.
9. I'm grateful for the grace that God provides me with each day that helps me to be a better person.
10. I'm grateful for freedom of choice.
Have a wonderful day,
Sunday, September 02, 2012
It is very wet and blustery outdoors today. The temperatures have dropped enough that I'm contemplating having to turn the furnace on! So much for doing any gardening and harvesting today. On the plus side, Monday is still a holiday, so perhaps I will be able to get it done then.
It's a good day for staying indoors and maybe putting the fireplace on and having a cup of hot chocolate....oh boy "winter" activities already *grin*.
I haven't done my tally for this week, but I'm pretty sure that I have reached my destination of Cass Lake, MN. I'll hang about abit exploring and waiting for Estelle to arrive and then start my journey back home. I wonder if I can make it home for Christmas....I will have to really step up the pace I think to do it. Will have to see how well the knee holds out!
My list of thankfulness.
1. I am thankful for a day spent with Garry yesterday running small errands and just having time to be together.
2. I am thankful for Bre's safe return to Canada and am looking forward to hearing all about her time in Paris.
3. I am thankful for my home that protects me from the elements.
4. I am thankful that Kismet's paw seems to doing alright, she hasn't been showing signs as yet of any infection and she seems to be allowing it to heal on it's own.
5. I am thankful for having a cold storage room that I can keep all my potatoes and onions in as well as providing us with a well stocked pantry.
6. I am thankful for the blessing of my kefir grains. They provide my family with probiotics in a healthy way.
7. I am thankful for my juicer which allows me to juice fruit and veggies to obtain not only the juice from them, but the pulp that I can freeze to use in baking.
8. I am thankful for the gift of hearing that allows me to hear the world around me.
9. I am thankful for the love that is such a huge part of our family.
10. I am thankful that God deems me worthy of daily blessings.
Have a wonderful day,
Saturday, September 01, 2012
Yesterday (Friday) was my last Friday off before starting back to my regular work schedule. Although the day looked like it might be just a relaxing day, the opposite ended up being true.
I headed out the door at 8 am to the vet's office to inquire about obtaining something to give Kismet to sedate her so that I could bring her in for the Vet to have a look at. We finally were able to determine what had been causing her to limp for the past few weeks. Bear in mind, this is a cat that doesn't allow you to touch her if she doesn't want you to and a cat's natural instincts to keep hidden as much as they can any injuries. It turns out that she had an embedded claw nail in her paw. Apparently this is something that can occur in older cats as they don't seem to scratch as much to keep their nails short.
The vet's office didn't want to give me anything as they had never seen the cat before and were willing to see her even with the knowledge that she would not be happy and would most likely fight. Off I went to the purchase a pet carrier that would have a big enough opening in it to easily allow me to get her into a cage. I came home and left the cage on the floor for her to get a bit accustomed to, put one of her blankets in it and they proceeded to start in on the bags of apples that I needed to process.
Spent the next 4 hours processing apples and getting them into my freezer for winter's use. YAY. I still have more to do yet this weekend.
Off to the vet's office with Kismet in the cage, so far so good. She was actually pretty quiet on the drive there and until the vet's assistant opened the cage door in the treatment room. Then the fun began. They had two assistants, towels and leather gloves that came up to their shoulders on and a leather mask to put over her face that allowed her to breath but not to bite. Let's put it this way...they were brave, Kismet was not happy and I learned how terrifying a cat's angry scream can sound! It was a good thing that I was able to get her there and that they were able to control her enough that the Vet was able to do what needed to be done. She had two more claws on the verge of embedding as well as the one that was. An hour later, she was back in her cage, draped in towels to darken it and help to calm her down, all vaccinations done, an injection of a 2 week antibiotic in her system, claws all clipped and a paw free of an embedded claw. Poor wee girl, very exhausted, frightened and wanting to just go home. She is doing fine this morning and has forgiven me enough to allow me to give her a cuddle. I will just have to watch her paw for any signs of infection.
The girls came over for home made pizza supper and camp fire so the day ended on a great note.
1. I am grateful that prayer was answered in being able to get Kismet into a cage and transported to the vet to have her paw and claws fixed.
2. I am grateful for the bravery of the assistants and Vet in being willing to help Kismet despite all the angry sounds emitting from her.
3. I am grateful for having the day off to be able to take Kismet to the Vet's as well as to get my apples processed.
4. I am grateful for a wonderful ending to my day, the girls coming over as well as Shy's boyfriend to enjoy each other's company and unwind.
5. I am grateful for this long weekend that gives me time to accomplish many tasks on my to do list.
6. I am grateful for my knee brace that helps me to keep my knee stable.
7. I am grateful for the blessing of a new day, a new opportunity to be the best that I can be this day, spiritually, physically and mentally.
8. I am grateful for the harvest that my garden is providing allowing me to feed my family with healthy products and saving money.
9. I am grateful for a husband who is beginning to see the value of being prepared for all emergencies.
10. I am grateful for the wisdom that is given to each of us so freely when we choose to quiet our spirits and listen from within.
Have a fun filled and wonderful day,
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts