Sunday, September 02, 2012
It is very wet and blustery outdoors today. The temperatures have dropped enough that I'm contemplating having to turn the furnace on! So much for doing any gardening and harvesting today. On the plus side, Monday is still a holiday, so perhaps I will be able to get it done then.
It's a good day for staying indoors and maybe putting the fireplace on and having a cup of hot chocolate....oh boy "winter" activities already *grin*.
I haven't done my tally for this week, but I'm pretty sure that I have reached my destination of Cass Lake, MN. I'll hang about abit exploring and waiting for Estelle to arrive and then start my journey back home. I wonder if I can make it home for Christmas....I will have to really step up the pace I think to do it. Will have to see how well the knee holds out!
My list of thankfulness.
1. I am thankful for a day spent with Garry yesterday running small errands and just having time to be together.
2. I am thankful for Bre's safe return to Canada and am looking forward to hearing all about her time in Paris.
3. I am thankful for my home that protects me from the elements.
4. I am thankful that Kismet's paw seems to doing alright, she hasn't been showing signs as yet of any infection and she seems to be allowing it to heal on it's own.
5. I am thankful for having a cold storage room that I can keep all my potatoes and onions in as well as providing us with a well stocked pantry.
6. I am thankful for the blessing of my kefir grains. They provide my family with probiotics in a healthy way.
7. I am thankful for my juicer which allows me to juice fruit and veggies to obtain not only the juice from them, but the pulp that I can freeze to use in baking.
8. I am thankful for the gift of hearing that allows me to hear the world around me.
9. I am thankful for the love that is such a huge part of our family.
10. I am thankful that God deems me worthy of daily blessings.
Have a wonderful day,
Saturday, September 01, 2012
Yesterday (Friday) was my last Friday off before starting back to my regular work schedule. Although the day looked like it might be just a relaxing day, the opposite ended up being true.
I headed out the door at 8 am to the vet's office to inquire about obtaining something to give Kismet to sedate her so that I could bring her in for the Vet to have a look at. We finally were able to determine what had been causing her to limp for the past few weeks. Bear in mind, this is a cat that doesn't allow you to touch her if she doesn't want you to and a cat's natural instincts to keep hidden as much as they can any injuries. It turns out that she had an embedded claw nail in her paw. Apparently this is something that can occur in older cats as they don't seem to scratch as much to keep their nails short.
The vet's office didn't want to give me anything as they had never seen the cat before and were willing to see her even with the knowledge that she would not be happy and would most likely fight. Off I went to the purchase a pet carrier that would have a big enough opening in it to easily allow me to get her into a cage. I came home and left the cage on the floor for her to get a bit accustomed to, put one of her blankets in it and they proceeded to start in on the bags of apples that I needed to process.
Spent the next 4 hours processing apples and getting them into my freezer for winter's use. YAY. I still have more to do yet this weekend.
Off to the vet's office with Kismet in the cage, so far so good. She was actually pretty quiet on the drive there and until the vet's assistant opened the cage door in the treatment room. Then the fun began. They had two assistants, towels and leather gloves that came up to their shoulders on and a leather mask to put over her face that allowed her to breath but not to bite. Let's put it this way...they were brave, Kismet was not happy and I learned how terrifying a cat's angry scream can sound! It was a good thing that I was able to get her there and that they were able to control her enough that the Vet was able to do what needed to be done. She had two more claws on the verge of embedding as well as the one that was. An hour later, she was back in her cage, draped in towels to darken it and help to calm her down, all vaccinations done, an injection of a 2 week antibiotic in her system, claws all clipped and a paw free of an embedded claw. Poor wee girl, very exhausted, frightened and wanting to just go home. She is doing fine this morning and has forgiven me enough to allow me to give her a cuddle. I will just have to watch her paw for any signs of infection.
The girls came over for home made pizza supper and camp fire so the day ended on a great note.
1. I am grateful that prayer was answered in being able to get Kismet into a cage and transported to the vet to have her paw and claws fixed.
2. I am grateful for the bravery of the assistants and Vet in being willing to help Kismet despite all the angry sounds emitting from her.
3. I am grateful for having the day off to be able to take Kismet to the Vet's as well as to get my apples processed.
4. I am grateful for a wonderful ending to my day, the girls coming over as well as Shy's boyfriend to enjoy each other's company and unwind.
5. I am grateful for this long weekend that gives me time to accomplish many tasks on my to do list.
6. I am grateful for my knee brace that helps me to keep my knee stable.
7. I am grateful for the blessing of a new day, a new opportunity to be the best that I can be this day, spiritually, physically and mentally.
8. I am grateful for the harvest that my garden is providing allowing me to feed my family with healthy products and saving money.
9. I am grateful for a husband who is beginning to see the value of being prepared for all emergencies.
10. I am grateful for the wisdom that is given to each of us so freely when we choose to quiet our spirits and listen from within.
Have a fun filled and wonderful day,
Friday, August 31, 2012
The Labor Day Long weekend, the signal that Fall is here. School starts, new TV programs are on the horizon, clubs and services begin again. September to me is a time of renewal. So many things begin again in September.
Although I'm always sad to see the beginning of the end of summer days, Fall does offer so many new opportunities also.
It's the end of my gardening, but at the same time it's the beginning of see my pantry and freezer filled with good choices. It's all in how you choose to look at things.
1. I am thankful for my garden that allows me to put up healthy choices in the fall to feed my family during the winter months.
2. I am thankful for cooler days of fall as I can sit outside longer and enjoy the beauty of God's handiwork.
3. I am thankful for finally discovering why my cat has been limping...and trust that I will know how to fix it.
4. I am thankful for having this Friday off work so that I can enjoy a 4 day weekend before our very busy time begins at work.
5. I am thankful for the blessing of two large bags of apples from Susan which I will turn into apple slices in my freezer for winter dishes.
6. I am thankful for Garry having such a blessed month with earnings at his work as it ensures our mortgage and other bills that he covers are met for September.
7. I am thankful for being able to sleep in this morning until 7, I am ready to face the days tasks.
8. I am thankful for the little squirrels that scurry back and forth along our back fence, they teach me much about being industrious.
9. I am thankful for the wisdom and guidance that God and my guides provide for me when I take the time to truly guiet heart and listen.
10. I am thankful for opportunities as yet unrevealed that this new day has to offer me.
Enjoy being alive, recognize that it is a gift offered to you.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
I'm just skimming the surface on my brain waves this morning. Nothing profound or meaningful is presenting itself. The only thing running through my mind is a continuation of the past couple of days of blogging. Just a review of the thoughts that have run through my mind. From this, I assume, that the spirit is still got something to teach me and that is why I haven't moved anywhere else in the thought process. I'm okay with that. Happiness and choices...there is much to learn, review and consider about those thoughts.
I'm greatly enjoying the exercise of listing 10 things that I am grateful for each morning and why. It is becoming easier to find those 10 things as I continue to do this exercise. I have always listed my positives in my blogs, but this exercise feels deeper somehow. Perhaps, it is just that it is more focused, not sure.
Tomorrow is my last Friday off of work before heading back into my regular work schedule. i have really enjoyed have Fridays off for the past 3 months. The bonus is that this weekend is also a long weekend, so instead of 3 days off, I will have 4.
My Grateful list:
1. I am grateful for my job that has allowed me to work a 4 day work week for the past 3 months. It has been a benefit to myself in giving me a 3 day weekend each week and benefit to my company as I have been able to use up my overtime hours.
2. I am grateful for fingers that have freedom of movement enabling me to do my work on the computer at work and at home.
3. I am grateful for Susan who has offered me her excess apples from her tree, I will be able to make juice as well as apples sliced up in the freezer for later use.
4. I am grateful for Facebook which reminds me of family and friends birthdays.
5. I am grateful for having the freedom of choice so that I might live my life the best way I can.
6. I am grateful for Garry as he shares his day with me and trusts and values my opinions.
7. I am grateful for my children and the close relationship that we have. They are amazing adults with much to offer those around them.
8. I am grateful for my family's health that allows us all to live medication free.
9. I am grateful for the opportunity to have a performance review once a year at work so that I am able to share my thoughts and learn and grow in my job.
10. I am grateful for the blessing of another day of life, to start anew each day and become a healthier and better person.
May your day be filled with blessings and will power to do what is best for yourself.
(Just had to share this one, as I thought hmmmm, what a great excuse *grin*)
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts