Thursday, May 01, 2008
I missed doing my blog yesterday, but all is okay. I had sleep instead!
Rain has finally stopped today and wow, the difference in the color of the grass is great. Green grass is beginning to appear. Daffodiles and spring bulbs are starting to appear also.
I need to purchase a new battery for my pedometer, it died today, over use you think? LOL I'm surprised at how lost I have been today without being able to track my walking and calories used.
I definitely need a new battery before the weekend.
I have tomorrow off work, hooray...time to do some chores at home. Tomorrow evening my husband and I are going to a dinner theatre. Its musical making use of Buddy Holly's music. There are 2 other couples coming with us, should be a great time. We are going to spend the night in the city. The girls are giving us the treat as our anniversary present!
Today has been a wonderful day, I love coming home from work and logging on to SP to catch up with everyone else's day. It's my time to unwind from work and just enjoy. So thank you to those of you who blog....I'm sure its done just for my entertainment and pleasure LOL.
It sounds like a great day, glasses are 1/2 full, positiveness abounds, deep thoughts and caring prevalent.
Keep moving forward, counting your many blessings and sharing your thoughts and day.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Your day starts off with the fact that you opened your eyes and have a whole day before you to create what ever you want. Do you take the opportunity, or do you dredge up all the crap from by gone days and focus on how miserable you are?
Life is all about choices. You are always in control of how you react to what ever comes your way. You are the person steering your life course. Are you steering all over the place, jumping from one thing to the next and never taking the time to appreciate where you are going or where you have come from? Are you allowing "road rage" to consume you, or are you enjoying the trip? You choose how you react to the bumps along the way. Do you try to speed over them, hoping that the road will smooth out ahead, or do you ease your way over the bump? If you are speeding over, you are likely to have some damage done, easing over at least will minimize any damage and you will be more in control of how you land on the other side of those bumps. When you rush recklessly ahead, you miss all the beauty that surrounds you. You just plain miss opportunities. Besides, where exactly are you rushing to?
Life is going to happen no matter what, so why not make it the best life that you can. Choose to keep your eyes open and ready to spot those positive moments. Choose to be a winner not a victim. Choose to embrace life as an opportunity to be all you can be no matter your circumstances. Choose to be happy within yourself. Be the creator of your own reality. Make your life what you want it to be, sometimes it takes thought and hard work, but if it is really what you desire, it is possible.
You know all the sayings....they all have truth in them.
1. You can be anything you want to be, if you want it badly enough.
2. Life is too short to be miserable.
3. Nobody likes a sour puss.
3. Cry and you cry alone, smile and the world smiles with you.
4. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
5. Material things don't make the man.
6. It is better to give than to receive. For when you give of yourself, you receive much back.
There are so many more, I'm sure you could add abundantly to this list. The point is, take the opportunity to enjoy your life, to find pleasure in each moment. Yesterday is the past, tomorrow hasn't come yet, you have only today to create. Make it a wonderful creation.
Today, I created an opportunity to laugh with my co-workers, to appreciate the sun shine, to sit and cuddle with the cats, to make a meal for my family, to read the blogs that so inspire me, to share a conversation with my husband, to walk outdoors and this evening to spend time with friends at a stampin' up party.
What did you create today?
Monday, April 28, 2008
Today has been a super fantastic day.
Not only has the sun been shining and the temperature sitting at +18, it's supposed to be like this tomorrow. Unfortunately the weather will change drastically by Wednesday and snow is once again in the forecast! How bizarre!
Saw a co-worker today that retired last year. I haven't seen her since her retirement party...when I said hello, she did a double take, and an "oh my God, you'll look fantastic". Made my day to say the least. It was such a boost to the morale. I shared with her Sparkpeople and tooted their horn, because without SP, I wouldn't have gotten the reaction I did. Thank you SP.
Got home early enough from work today to get outside and have a wonderful long walk. A big plus, walking in the sunshine.
Had a great laugh at some pictures a friend had posted on facebook. They had gone to Disneyland with their grandchildren and obviously had a great time. I'm thinking that she probably did the log ride, as one of the pictures showed her looking pretty wet! Nothing like a good giggle to round off a day.
Hope your evening is filled with smiles, laughs and lots of fun.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Marla you started it....just remember that. LOL
Okay, this is just too much fun and as my brain needs to be kept active and alert, I am going to follow Marla's example and make my second 100 item list!
PS...just so you know...I have copied and pasted your lists to a saved file on my computer so that in a year we can review them and see how much we have accomplished.
1. To keep my mind active and alert.
2. To sit in the Red Wood Forest and just enjoy the moment.
3. To be more connected to the earth.
4. To learn sign language (sorry Marla...yours reminded me!)
5. To let my family know how much I appreciate them.
6. To be more intuitive.
7. To remember that I am only responsible for my own actions and reactions.
8. To sing, regardless of what others might think.
9. To always find the pleasure in the simple things in life.
10. To wear size 10 clothes because they fit.
11. To encourage others on their spiritual walk.
12. To celebrate with Marla as she receives her new kidney.
13. To swim with Kathy at a aquasize class.
14. To rejoice with Dive as she proudly shows off her new teeth.
15. Live closer to nature (no tents though, I do like my comforts!)
16. Find laughter everyday.
17. Spend more time with my husband.
18. To find inspiration through the world around me.
19. To let go of things I can not change and let God handle them.
20. To lend a helping hand.
21. To learn to receive without feeling guilty.
22. To have a laptop computer so that I am able to be connected to family and friends where ever I am.
23. To smile at someone everyday, not only to brighten my day, but hopefully brighten theirs.
24. To make baby blankets and donate them to an orphanage in another country that really needs the support.
25. To pray always.
26. To have a zen garden.
27. To have a spiritual centre in my home. A special place to meditate and to become centered each day.
28. To have a solarium/conservatory in my home to grow plants.
29. To teach others about the importance of Choices.
30. To be a good listener.
31. To have empathy for others, not judgement.
32. To learn always from whatever life brings my way.
33. To allow my inner child out to play on a regular basis.
34. To live in a houseboat.
35. To remember that I am a work in progress, continually evolving and learning.
36.To buy a dress that I look fantastic in and feel comfortable wearing it. ( I haven't worn a dress for years!)
37. To set a goal everyday and strive to meet it.
38. To not beat myself up if I don't reach the goal that day, tomorrow is a new day.
39. To embrace change.
40. To have a yearly Girls only weekend with my daughters and one day a future daughter in law.
41. To have a wonderful relationship with my children's future spouses.
42. Learn that it's okay to say "no", to not overload myself.
43. To get my basement cleaned out.
44. To unclutter my life even more.
45. Be a minimalist with possessions. We all tend to load ourselves down with "things".
46. Be more ruthless with getting rid of those items we no longer need.
47. Ask questions more often, don't assume.
48. To make a positive difference as a consumer.
49. Don't save things for a special occasion, make each day a special occasion (thanks for the reminder Redchicks)
50. Have neighbors that are a blessing to live next door to, but be okay with the ones we have!
51. Buy a Wii and donate it to a seniors home.
52. Plant a tree outside my front door that is a "troubles tree". A place to hang your troubles before entering the home.
53. Have red door for a front door.
54. To review my lists every year and amaze myself with what has been accomplished.
55. Cross off the things on my list that have been accomplished and add new items.
56. Challenge my family to make their own lists.
57. To tell my family each day that I love them.
58. To always be accepting of others beliefs, they have their own spiritual path to walk and their own lessons to learn.
59. Remember that to change anything, it has to start from within.
60. To visit San Diego.
61. To have a family reunion.
62. To create a home that others feel at peace and at home in.
63. To give always.
64. To be a positive role model.
65. Live so that I owe no one anything. (live debt free)
66. Volunteer at a hospice.
67. Volunteer at a neo-natal hospital as a "rocker".
68. To ask God's guidence before I respond to things that irritate or anger me.
69. Always have room at our table for one more and trust that there will be enough.
70. Learn to play an instrument.
71. Take all our pictures and organize them. (could take me a lifetime!)
72. Keep adding to my creativity box.
73. Make an "intention" board and hang it up.
74. Attend a "Choices" workshop.
75. Help to make a dream come true for someone.
76. Attend a spiritual retreat.
77. Go door to door singing Christmas carols.
78. Make my own bread again.
79. Fill a stocking at Christmas for someone in need.
80. Be willing to try new things, even if they are out of my comfort zone. (must be legal!!!! lol)
81. Don't put off til tomorrow what can be accomplished today.
82. Write letters more often, even if they are on the computer.
83. Be proud of who I am and the journey I am walking.
84. Trust...others may let me down, but God never does.
85. Learn to speak Ukrainan better so I can carry on a conversation with my husband relatives.
86. Write my own biography.
87. Find the answer to the how my grandparents met.
88. Remember at the end of the day to cleanse my mind of all the negative energy that comes has my way. Find the positive in each day.
89. Remember that the more I give the more blessed I become.
90. Reach out everyday to someone.
91. Have a picnic indoors in the middle of winter.
92. Play games more often.
93. Build a doll house.
94. Grow tomatoes successfully.
95. Read always.
96. Take a road trip with no destination in mind.
97. Own a scooter! (just saw the price of gas again today!)
98. Always view my life as the glass being half full.
99. Enjoy to the fullest the challenges placed before me.
100. Giggle, cause I finished my 2nd 100 item list!
Thanks Marla for a fun day! We'll set the world on a blaze with fun. Life is too long to live it miserably.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts