Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Your day starts off with the fact that you opened your eyes and have a whole day before you to create what ever you want. Do you take the opportunity, or do you dredge up all the crap from by gone days and focus on how miserable you are?
Life is all about choices. You are always in control of how you react to what ever comes your way. You are the person steering your life course. Are you steering all over the place, jumping from one thing to the next and never taking the time to appreciate where you are going or where you have come from? Are you allowing "road rage" to consume you, or are you enjoying the trip? You choose how you react to the bumps along the way. Do you try to speed over them, hoping that the road will smooth out ahead, or do you ease your way over the bump? If you are speeding over, you are likely to have some damage done, easing over at least will minimize any damage and you will be more in control of how you land on the other side of those bumps. When you rush recklessly ahead, you miss all the beauty that surrounds you. You just plain miss opportunities. Besides, where exactly are you rushing to?
Life is going to happen no matter what, so why not make it the best life that you can. Choose to keep your eyes open and ready to spot those positive moments. Choose to be a winner not a victim. Choose to embrace life as an opportunity to be all you can be no matter your circumstances. Choose to be happy within yourself. Be the creator of your own reality. Make your life what you want it to be, sometimes it takes thought and hard work, but if it is really what you desire, it is possible.
You know all the sayings....they all have truth in them.
1. You can be anything you want to be, if you want it badly enough.
2. Life is too short to be miserable.
3. Nobody likes a sour puss.
3. Cry and you cry alone, smile and the world smiles with you.
4. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
5. Material things don't make the man.
6. It is better to give than to receive. For when you give of yourself, you receive much back.
There are so many more, I'm sure you could add abundantly to this list. The point is, take the opportunity to enjoy your life, to find pleasure in each moment. Yesterday is the past, tomorrow hasn't come yet, you have only today to create. Make it a wonderful creation.
Today, I created an opportunity to laugh with my co-workers, to appreciate the sun shine, to sit and cuddle with the cats, to make a meal for my family, to read the blogs that so inspire me, to share a conversation with my husband, to walk outdoors and this evening to spend time with friends at a stampin' up party.
What did you create today?
Monday, April 28, 2008
Today has been a super fantastic day.
Not only has the sun been shining and the temperature sitting at +18, it's supposed to be like this tomorrow. Unfortunately the weather will change drastically by Wednesday and snow is once again in the forecast! How bizarre!
Saw a co-worker today that retired last year. I haven't seen her since her retirement party...when I said hello, she did a double take, and an "oh my God, you'll look fantastic". Made my day to say the least. It was such a boost to the morale. I shared with her Sparkpeople and tooted their horn, because without SP, I wouldn't have gotten the reaction I did. Thank you SP.
Got home early enough from work today to get outside and have a wonderful long walk. A big plus, walking in the sunshine.
Had a great laugh at some pictures a friend had posted on facebook. They had gone to Disneyland with their grandchildren and obviously had a great time. I'm thinking that she probably did the log ride, as one of the pictures showed her looking pretty wet! Nothing like a good giggle to round off a day.
Hope your evening is filled with smiles, laughs and lots of fun.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Marla you started it....just remember that. LOL
Okay, this is just too much fun and as my brain needs to be kept active and alert, I am going to follow Marla's example and make my second 100 item list!
PS...just so you know...I have copied and pasted your lists to a saved file on my computer so that in a year we can review them and see how much we have accomplished.
1. To keep my mind active and alert.
2. To sit in the Red Wood Forest and just enjoy the moment.
3. To be more connected to the earth.
4. To learn sign language (sorry Marla...yours reminded me!)
5. To let my family know how much I appreciate them.
6. To be more intuitive.
7. To remember that I am only responsible for my own actions and reactions.
8. To sing, regardless of what others might think.
9. To always find the pleasure in the simple things in life.
10. To wear size 10 clothes because they fit.
11. To encourage others on their spiritual walk.
12. To celebrate with Marla as she receives her new kidney.
13. To swim with Kathy at a aquasize class.
14. To rejoice with Dive as she proudly shows off her new teeth.
15. Live closer to nature (no tents though, I do like my comforts!)
16. Find laughter everyday.
17. Spend more time with my husband.
18. To find inspiration through the world around me.
19. To let go of things I can not change and let God handle them.
20. To lend a helping hand.
21. To learn to receive without feeling guilty.
22. To have a laptop computer so that I am able to be connected to family and friends where ever I am.
23. To smile at someone everyday, not only to brighten my day, but hopefully brighten theirs.
24. To make baby blankets and donate them to an orphanage in another country that really needs the support.
25. To pray always.
26. To have a zen garden.
27. To have a spiritual centre in my home. A special place to meditate and to become centered each day.
28. To have a solarium/conservatory in my home to grow plants.
29. To teach others about the importance of Choices.
30. To be a good listener.
31. To have empathy for others, not judgement.
32. To learn always from whatever life brings my way.
33. To allow my inner child out to play on a regular basis.
34. To live in a houseboat.
35. To remember that I am a work in progress, continually evolving and learning.
36.To buy a dress that I look fantastic in and feel comfortable wearing it. ( I haven't worn a dress for years!)
37. To set a goal everyday and strive to meet it.
38. To not beat myself up if I don't reach the goal that day, tomorrow is a new day.
39. To embrace change.
40. To have a yearly Girls only weekend with my daughters and one day a future daughter in law.
41. To have a wonderful relationship with my children's future spouses.
42. Learn that it's okay to say "no", to not overload myself.
43. To get my basement cleaned out.
44. To unclutter my life even more.
45. Be a minimalist with possessions. We all tend to load ourselves down with "things".
46. Be more ruthless with getting rid of those items we no longer need.
47. Ask questions more often, don't assume.
48. To make a positive difference as a consumer.
49. Don't save things for a special occasion, make each day a special occasion (thanks for the reminder Redchicks)
50. Have neighbors that are a blessing to live next door to, but be okay with the ones we have!
51. Buy a Wii and donate it to a seniors home.
52. Plant a tree outside my front door that is a "troubles tree". A place to hang your troubles before entering the home.
53. Have red door for a front door.
54. To review my lists every year and amaze myself with what has been accomplished.
55. Cross off the things on my list that have been accomplished and add new items.
56. Challenge my family to make their own lists.
57. To tell my family each day that I love them.
58. To always be accepting of others beliefs, they have their own spiritual path to walk and their own lessons to learn.
59. Remember that to change anything, it has to start from within.
60. To visit San Diego.
61. To have a family reunion.
62. To create a home that others feel at peace and at home in.
63. To give always.
64. To be a positive role model.
65. Live so that I owe no one anything. (live debt free)
66. Volunteer at a hospice.
67. Volunteer at a neo-natal hospital as a "rocker".
68. To ask God's guidence before I respond to things that irritate or anger me.
69. Always have room at our table for one more and trust that there will be enough.
70. Learn to play an instrument.
71. Take all our pictures and organize them. (could take me a lifetime!)
72. Keep adding to my creativity box.
73. Make an "intention" board and hang it up.
74. Attend a "Choices" workshop.
75. Help to make a dream come true for someone.
76. Attend a spiritual retreat.
77. Go door to door singing Christmas carols.
78. Make my own bread again.
79. Fill a stocking at Christmas for someone in need.
80. Be willing to try new things, even if they are out of my comfort zone. (must be legal!!!! lol)
81. Don't put off til tomorrow what can be accomplished today.
82. Write letters more often, even if they are on the computer.
83. Be proud of who I am and the journey I am walking.
84. Trust...others may let me down, but God never does.
85. Learn to speak Ukrainan better so I can carry on a conversation with my husband relatives.
86. Write my own biography.
87. Find the answer to the how my grandparents met.
88. Remember at the end of the day to cleanse my mind of all the negative energy that comes has my way. Find the positive in each day.
89. Remember that the more I give the more blessed I become.
90. Reach out everyday to someone.
91. Have a picnic indoors in the middle of winter.
92. Play games more often.
93. Build a doll house.
94. Grow tomatoes successfully.
95. Read always.
96. Take a road trip with no destination in mind.
97. Own a scooter! (just saw the price of gas again today!)
98. Always view my life as the glass being half full.
99. Enjoy to the fullest the challenges placed before me.
100. Giggle, cause I finished my 2nd 100 item list!
Thanks Marla for a fun day! We'll set the world on a blaze with fun. Life is too long to live it miserably.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
One of our challenges this week is to make a list of 100 things we want to do/accomplish in our life time. I decided to blog mine as not only am I then putting my intentions in writing, I am really putting them out there in the Universe.
1. To personally meet with each one of my Spark friends.
2. To live a healthy lifestyle for life.
3. To see my children reach their fullest potential.
4. To go on a world cruise.
5. To retire by age 60.
6. To travel from coast to coast in Canada, dipping my feet in both oceans.
7. To go spelunking.
8. To continue to grow spiritually.
9. To become the best person that I can be.
10. To become proficient at living life in the now.
11. To travel to New Zealand.
12 To travel to Sydney, Australia.
13. To have my mortgage paid off.
14. To re-vist all the places I have lived, especially in Northern Canada.
15. To travel Scotland. (Yep, traveling is big on my list!)
16. To leave this world with no regrets or unfinished business.
17. To master the VCR so that one day I can progress to mastering the DVD player! (okay, so I'm technically challenged!)
18. To walk to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
19. To go to Disney World and Six flags.
20. To visit all the major museums in the world.
21. To attend a session with Char Margolis and James Van Praagh.
22. To ride a camel.
23. To travel to Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
24. To finally trace my Father's Great-grandparents.
25. To swim in the Dead Sea.
26. To learn to salsa dance.
27. To complete the scrapbooks that I have begun for each of my children.
28. To live by an ocean. (or at least overlooking an ocean)
29. To live each day as if it was my last.
30. To take a balloon ride.
31. To learn to speak Spanish.
32. To better understand Quantum Physics!
33. To trace my husbands family tree.
34. To dance at my grandchild's(grandchildren's) wedding.
35. To appreciate daily the gift of health.
36. To have nice nails.
37. To go on a shopping spree and not have to be concerned about the cost.
38. To spend a night at the Waldorf hotel in New York.
39. To walk the Great wall of China.
40. Learn to scuba dive.
41. Learn how to use a cell phone... told you I am technically challenged!
42. Swim with the dolphins.
43. To find more ways to live "green".
44. To write a children's book.
45. Go on a water slide, a really tall one!
46. Learn photography.
47. Go on a week's horse back trail ride.
48. Learn to knit mittens and socks.
49. To volunteer with Habitat Humanity.
50. To learn how to do carpentry.
51. Spend a day at a spa partaking of spa treatments.
52. Have a vegetable garden.
53. Learn to be a good gardener.
54. Complete a New York Times crossword puzzle.
55. Learn to kayak.
56. White water rafting.
57. To visit a butterfly garden.
58. Be an audience member of a live taping of the Ellen DeGeneres show.
59. Meet Ty Pennington from Extreme Home Makeover.
60. Visit Petra.
61. Meet Doreen Virtue.
62. See one of the Crystal skulls in real life. Find them fascinating.
63. Knit a 100 scarves and donate them to a homeless shelter.
64. Be a life-long learner.
65. Learn to do Yoga.
66. Hold or even just touch a Koala bear.
67. Visit Greenland and Iceland.
68. Be physically active every day.
69. Find something to laugh about every day.
70. Keep a journal of favorite sayings, quotes etc.
71. Help others to recognize the joy there is in each day.
72. Go tobogganing with my grandchild/ren.
73. Keep the philosophy ....God gave me a healthy brain and a healthy body, now it's my job to keep them healthy.
74. Take a road trip where you are only allowed to make right turns.
75. Take a road trip where you are only allowed to make left turns.
76. Attend an ethnic food festival.
77. Spend time meditating and renewing my spirit each day.
78. Attend a drumming session.
79. Be always open to God's direction in my life.
80. Take time to smell the flowers.
81, Worry less, trust more.
82. Learn to crochet.
83. Remind myself to have fun in life, it's not meant to be dreary.
84. Have date nights more often with my husband. (we tend to get busy and forget about "our" nights.)
85. Continue to develop the gift of discernment.
86. To be confident in who I am. A spiritual being having a human experience.
87. Help others who need a helping hand.
88. This is a long list, and I'm struggling to find things to add!
89. Read, read, and read some more.
90. Be a great wife, Mother, Grandmother and Mother-in-law.
91. Be a positive person.
92. Learn to accept that others may not reach my expectations, but they are where they are at and have lessons to learn also in this life.
93. I want to learn to say the Alphabet backwards.
94. I want to do random kindnesses each day, where no one knows who I am.
95. I want to learn to enjoy housecleaning! I do it, it's just not my favorite pasttime.
96. To be creative.
97. To leave a small carbon footprint.
98. To love others unconditional.
99. To be open to receiving.
100. To have impacted others lives in positive ways.
There I'm done, boy it was harder than I thought to come up with 100 things. I challenge you all to do the same.
Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by.
Get An Email Alert Each Time WANDAH3 Posts