Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Mental Health First Aid...interesting course. I have two more classes to complete it. What an interesting eye-0pener. So much stigmatism is still attached to people having mental health problems. Scary statistics and even they aren't accurate...1 out of every 3 people will have a mental health problem at some point in their life. Those are only the ones that are reported!
We are learning how to recognize and support people who are depressed, suicidal, bi-polar ,having anxiety issues as well as pychosis. These are problems that affect everyone of us. If a family member, co-worker or friend is dealing with one of these issues it ultimately affects us all in some form.
If you have the opportunity to take one of sessions, I recommend it.
Now for more positives in my day (the course really is a positive!)
1. The sun is shining and the snow is melting and even though it's predicted to snow yet again tonight...hey, it's March, winter is almost done!
2. I have aquasizes to attend tonight, I enjoy the exercise.
3. I was able to put in two extra brisk walks today. Walking to and from my course.
4. I had an email from my SIL that was really encouraging.
5. I woke up this morning! (sorry, just had to throw that one in there, every day that I wake up is a positive and a blessing!)
Count your blessings and focus on the positive.