After living four months in a new country in South America, we asked a teacher couple over to dinner Saturday night. It always takes time to make new friends. I miss my old friends and compare everyone new to them. So this is a new beginning for my husband and I.
I walked to the Farmerīs Market and bought fresh fruits and vegetables to dip into the cheese fondue. Fresh flowers too! Then I made two new cake recipes from the SparkPeople Cookbook. The Banana Honey cake had no sugar or eggs. The Chocolate Creamy Cake used beets instead of sugar. I couldnīt find canned beets, so bought a clump of beets at the market and roasted them in the oven for an hour as Chef Meg suggests. Now I have extra beets to put on salads or eat with dinner this week. Both cakes were a bit hit, moist and sweet! I brought some extra pieces to school for lunch and gave them to other teachers. Everyone loved the cakes!
So, the morale of the story is that cheese fondue may not be that healthy on its own (even though I bought the cheese homemade by farmers at the market). However, it depends what you choose to dip into it and have for dessert. This was a good beginning to cooking healthy for others to enjoy!
What? You are here already...sorry I was just daydreaming...which can be very beneficial to our daily health.
1. Daydreaming is good for your brain!
2. Research shows that when you daydream, the highly functioning part of your brain is more active!
3. This is the part of your brain that solves problems, conflicts, and thinks of new ideas.
4. It also showed that brain activity is active when daydreaming during routine daily activities!
5. Have you noticed that problems are solved while you wash the dishes, clean the house, or do yard work?
6. So take some time today to daydream and your stress will disappear!!!
1. It is my sisterīs birthday.
2. My friendīs daughter is getting married today.
3. I made a healthy lunch to bring to work.
4. The sun is shining.
5. I am going to run after school.
6. It would have been my sonīs 23rd birthday which is bittersweet.
What is the key daily meal that will help you flatten your belly?
The answer is Breakfast! Protein in the morning helps prevent snack attacks later in the day. Start with a high protein breakfast such as eggs! The new SparkPeople Cookbook has great recipes for egg frittatas and egg white omelets to start the day right!
If you donīt like eggs, then try oatmeal with walnuts. Add some fiber to your protein such as whole wheat toast with peanut butter. If you start early in the day, it will help curb your appetite for high fat, sugar, and calorie snacks that turn into belly fat. Research proves that morning fiber and protein are your friends.