Wednesday, June 24, 2009
I have been noticing a lot of changes recently and I thought I would finally take the opportunity to write them down.
1. I'm exercising regularly. I've never been able to do this! I'm on week five of doing cardio and lifting!
2. My body is more toned. Already I'm noticing things slimming down, muscles appearing (little ones, but still!), and my clothes are fitting better.
3. I have more energy. I think the one word I would choose to summarize my changes would be "balance." Incidentally, this is what my sparkname (tulaa) means, and my primary goal for using Sparkpeople! Energy is more balanced, I get tired earlier (which is good for people who struggle with insomnia!), my eating, hunger, and life are all just more even!
4. My hunger has evened out. I don't get famished and I don't feel overly stuffed. It's a nice feeling, always having some energy and being content hunger-wise!
5. I am more motivated. I used to eat out probably 5 or so times a week. Fast food, restaurants. (It's amazing to think of now, I hadn't realized that I've only eaten out a few times this month!) I cook all the time now, and it never seems like a massive chore! Chores and errands are easier because I have more energy and don't feel so unbalanced. Little things, like walking up the stairs are just EASIER.
6. I like myself more. I find I am happier with my body and who I am. I'm not sure if this is because I look better or I feel better, but my self-confidence and self-assurance have gone up!
Nice work, me!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Today was laundry day, so I threw in a few loads, did some chores, and geared up for my cardio. I pulled together some workout clothes and then discovered all my sports bras were dirty! This may be gross to some, TMI, or just plain weird, but I was SO PROUD! I've never run out of workout clothes before! Especially since they're actually being used! Just a small thing that really hit home how much work I've done. Good job, me!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Today I had a tough day, so I went to Caribou and got my favorite fluffy coffee drink, a caramel cooler. Topped with caramel and whipped cream, it has always turned my worst days around. But today, as I sat in my car, I looked at this drink for the first time. Or maybe I've always looked at it, but it was the first time I've actually seen it. Regardless, I was amazed. Was it always this MASSIVE? I'd ordered a small, right? How had I never noticed how enormous this drink was? I sat in awe for a while, and finally proceeded to drink. I had never noticed how SWEET it was. It was almost too sweet! I decided to press on, to experience the drink in full from this new perspective. I didn't even fully enjoy it. There were no subtle flavors, no natural sweetness like that of a delicious strawberry. It was almost overpoweringly sweet, fake...like plastic. It had me missing my water. WATER?! What?! Now, maybe I sound overdramatic. I mean, it's just a coffee drink, right? But to me it was an epiphany. An awakening to how I've eaten in the past, and to how my healthy eating habits, after only a few weeks, have already had a big change on how I look at food. So the next time I have a really bad day, I think I might order a tall glass of...ice water.
Monday, June 23, 2008
So this is my first week. It has only been a few days, but already I have noticed changes. My body feels more toned. (Or is that just sore from actual use?) I definitely have more energy and am more focused. I feel full but not overly full after meals. I have learned that to eat healthy you need LOTS of veggies and fruits and some good-for-you carbs. I have also learned about PORTION SIZES. My goodness is all I can say. Determination is what I need.
Get An Email Alert Each Time TULAA3 Posts