Thursday, February 11, 2010
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6…Darren is a really big pest in the morning…darn morning people!
2. How do you like your steak? It depends on where you go…if you go to a place that knows how to cook steak…Medium well…if you go somewhere that doesn't, Medium! I like it pink but not bloody.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Where the Wild Things Are…I loved it!
4. What is your favorite TV show? I probably watch too much TV…I really like Mercy, The Deep End, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, anything on DIY, I'm hooked to General Hospital…I DVR it every day!
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Closer to my family in Chicago
6. What did you have for breakfast? Thomas English Muffin w/peanut butter and banana and a glass of skim milk
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican…or Greek
8. What foods do you dislike? Black Beans…I love pretty much every bean…just not black beans! Tomatoes, Ham
9. Favorite Place to Eat? El Cazador, Clara's, Outback Steakhouse
10. Favorite dressing? Blue Cheese
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? 2006 Cadillac Eldorado
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans and long sleeved t-shirts
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Greece
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? USUALLY 1/2 full…but I have my days!
15. Where would you want to retire? Somewhere warm would be nice
16. Favorite time of day? 5:30…that's when I'm off work!
17. Where were you born? Chicago, IL
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football or college basketball
19. How many siblings? none
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? reading
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? All my SparkFriends
22. Bird watcher? Not really…I like when they eat out of my feeders, but I'm really bad at remembering to feed them...
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I'd say mid-morning! I hate getting up early, and I can't stay up late.
24. Do you have any pets? Yep…3 dogs…Mac the sweetest Doberman ever, Wally and Duchess
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Not really…I don't think I'm a really exciting person
26. What did you want to be when you were little? All KINDS of things…I couldn't decide…I wanted to be a hairstylist, a teacher, an accountant, a psychologist…you name it, I wanted to do it!
27. What is your best childhood memory? It's hard for me to pick one…I remember a TON of weird, random things…probably the most memorable one involved my cousin Amanda, HUGE balls of yarn, and a window…LONG story!
28. Are you a cat or dog person? I'm an any kind of animal person!
29. Are you married? Yes for almost 4 years now!!
30. Always wear your seat belt? Have you ever ridden with my husband?! I'm just kidding…but YES I do wear a seatbelt
31. Been in a car accident? yes, but not serious
32. Any pet peeves? TONS…is that terrible?! I hate when people say supposedly wrong (they say it "supposably), I can't stand crying children in restaurants (sorry to my friends with kids), when people don't use their turn signals, when people just "pause" at stop signs, I could go on, but I'll stop there!
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? pepperoni
34. Favorite Flower? hydrangeas
35. Favorite ice cream? I LOVE ice cream! I'm a big fan of cookie dough
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy's or Arby's
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None…and when I moved to Indiana and had to take another test, I got a perfect score
38. From whom did you get your last email? My last personal e-mail was from Kelly…I get tons of work e-mails…but who cares about those?!
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? This is tricky…I'm working really hard to pay off the cards that I maxed out…but probably Old Navy or Macy's
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? No…I'm a really planned person
41. Like your job? Sometimes…most of the time I'm just glad to have a job.
42. Broccoli? It's my favorite
43. What was your favorite vacation? I have never been on a real vacation. My husband and I were supposed to go to New Orleans and 2 days before we were supposed to leave, Hurricane Katrina hit. That would have been my first vacation.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Darren…and before that Andi and my Aunt Michelle
45. What are you listening to right now? Not much…it's kind of a ghost town here
46. What is your favorite color? Green
47. How many tattoos do you have? Two
48. How many people will fill this out? I don't know…I hope at least a couple of my Sparkfriends will do it!
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 3:40 PM
50. Coffee Drinker? Sometimes…I don't depend on it to wake me up, but I like how it tastes
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
So, it’s been a while since I blogged. I’ve been a little bit absent from Spark…we’re supposed to be eliminating our personal internet use at work, so that REALLY cuts into my Spark time. I’ve learned that when I sit on the computer for 8 hours a day I don’t feel like going home and sitting on the computer…even if it’s enjoyable. So, this week, I’ve been sneaking a couple of minutes here and there to hop on and see what’s going on with people, but it’s still not the same. Since I’m at my desk all day, I have access to my work e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), so if anyone wants to get in touch with me, that’s always an option (not to mention, I LOVE the distraction!!)…just put something about Spark in the subject line until I’ve approved you, or else you’ll go to junk mail and I won’t know what it is!!
I’ve been TERRIBLE about my exercise. I got sick a couple of weeks ago (almost 3 weeks ago) and I couldn’t work out, and once I stopped for 2 days, it’s like it’s been impossible to get started again. I always have that problem…when I went to Chicago in November, I hurt my foot and couldn’t work out…but then my foot got better and I still didn’t work out. Whenever there is a change in my routine I fall off the exercising wagon. I REALLY need to hop back on, and I’m working on it. My husband promised that if I worked out for 30 days in a row we’d go buy a Wii! I’ve been bugging him to buy one for ages, but he just doesn’t like to spend money (okay…maybe some of that is my fault…I have a tendency to buy exercise related things and use them for a couple of weeks and then stop). So…this is a pretty good motivator! He’s got rules for this 30 days of exercise, too (he’s become a very strict diet police!) The rules are: I have to do SOMETHING every day…5 days have to be good, make you sweat, workouts…the other 2 can be less rigorous…as long as I’m doing something. Those aren’t too bad…I think I can live with them, I just have to make myself start!
I’m happy to say that I’ve been really good with food. I’ve been eating lots of veggies and fruits…only whole grains (no white flour, pasta or bread)…I’ve eaten a lot of beans…I DID have potatoes with dinner last night, but I didn’t go crazy. I’ve been drinking only water…although I’m not hitting my 8 glasses (usually more like 6)…I get so busy at work and forget to drink…I don’t like to drink much once I get home because I’ll be up all night going to the bathroom…the water is sitting right here next to me…in plain sight…but I have a hard time drinking if I’m not thirsty…so I’m working on that one.
I stepped on the scale on Sunday (that’s my weigh in day) and was happy to see that even though I haven’t exercised, I haven’t gained any weight…I’m still the same old 187 that I ended 2009 with. I’m looking REALLY forward to seeing my ticker move, finally! One of my Sparkfriends (DAZZLEDSTEPH) set a goal to be at a certain weight before her birthday (which is TODAY!) and she met her goal!!! I told her that I’d like to be at 150 by my birthday (July 19th)…that’s about 1.5 pounds/week. SO doable if I just get my butt up and move! Not to mention I’d only be 15 pounds away from my goal after that! How exciting is that?!
SO…I’ve got my goals set and with the help of my own personal Police…and all of you, I KNOW I can do it!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
So, I've been faithfully reading and blogging about the Beck Diet Solution for 2 solid weeks. Here's what I think:
While I'm reading some valuable tips, I already use so many of them. Most of them are not new or groundbreaking. It IS a good thing for me to be reminded of some of them because it's so easy to get into bad habits, and hard to fix them!
I will say that I have been taking the "Always Eat Sitting Down" tip to heart. I don't snack while standing...BUT, I've been really bad about eating in the kitchen. Quite honestly, I'll go sit down in the living room and eat, and then by the time I'm almost done eating, I realize I was supposed to be sitting in the kitchen! I think I'm going to keep eating in the living room, though, because I've also been putting the "Eat Consciously" tip to work. Even though I'm sitting in the living room, I'm eating much more slowly and thoughtfully.
I'm going to continue to read the book, but I don't know if I'm going to blog about it every day. I have really enjoyed blogging every day, and getting all of the feedback, but I don't think I'm just going to strictly blog about the Beck Diet Solution...there probably won't be a day by day account of the book. I WILL keep blogging, though!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Today's task...Plan for tomorrow. She suggests writing down every single thing you're going to eat tomorrow and check it off as you eat it. This way, you'll be more likely to stick with your plan.
I pretty much do this already...I plan out all of my meals for 2 weeks...I know what I'm going to have for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I usually write down the food that I'm going to eat every morning. Because I don't like doing things over, I usually stick with what I write down! Of course there are times that things change and I end up eating something different, but for the most part, writing things down DOES help.
She also suggests making tomorrow's lunch today, or chopping veggies for tomorrow's dinner, today. I do that, too. I always make my lunch while I'm cooking dinner...and, today for example, I had to cut some onions for some tuna salad I made for Darren...while I was chopping them, I went ahead and chopped the ones for tonight and tomorrow's dinner, too...and while I was chopping, I chopped the carrots and celery, too. I'm a big fan of chopping once for many different things. I look for time saving things whenever I can.
So, while today's task is a good one, it's one that I already do...nothing new for me!
Get An Email Alert Each Time TRICIASHELL Posts