Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Originally posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 (1 response)
Good Riddance 220s; Hello 210s!!!!!!
I don't think words can really express how happy I am right now. When I started SparkPeople I weighed 225. For the first three or so weeks I lost 1-2 pounds/week. Then I hit a plateau at 220/221 in early September, which dragged on for six weeks.
This morning, the scale finally coughed up a "1" in the ten digits of my weight. This is significant to me for four reasons:
1) It's my first five pound milestone.
2) My BMI is below 30. I am officially no longer obese
3) I'm in a new 10 pound range (no more 22x.x, now 21x.x)
4) It's the first time in my adult life where I set a really difficult health related goal, met a lot of challenges, stumbled but still persevered unto victory
Now I know that I'm not significantly healthier than I was a pound and a half ago. I know that this is just the first step up a long stair case. Part of me wants to just say "good" and start planning the next phase. But no. This today is a day to celebrate. I will stick to the SparkDiet and nothing more. Tomorrow, battle resumes. Thanks for reading.
- TD out
- One SparkBuddy responded to this one, but I deleted their comment accidentally when trying to access their page.
- I went back up over 220 for another few weeks, but then the weight started coming off fast and furious soon after.
- The hanging at 1-2 pounds over the new 10 pound range has repeated itself twice.
- This Saturday, Lord willing, I will hit my 25 pounds lost milestone
- This Saturday, Lord willing, I will be in a new 10 and 100 pound range.
- I will be in my fourth 10 pound range since starting on SP (bye 220's. 210's and 200's. Hello 190's)
Bottom Line: I celebrated like it was 1998 then, but that will pale in comparison to when the scale says 19x.x this Saturday. I am so psyched!!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Originally posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 (0 responses)
Eating Like a Doofus
OK so yesterday's mid-week weigh-in went really well(220.2). By that, I mean really really well. And by THAT I mean like...OK moving on. I had 219.8 in the bag for this Saturday. I was going to let it out of the bag by writing my most triumphant blog ever, basking in the glory of achieving a goal that I have been within a pound of for six weeks (count 'em) now. Yup, victory scheduled for Saturday: manifest destiny.
So what do you think I did yesterday and today(multiple choice here)? No peaking at the blog entry title:
(A) Continued to eat exactly as I did to get down to 220.2.
(B) Upped my game and added some more vegetables and whole grains
(C) Ate a little bit more, but certainly not enough to sabotage Saturday's weigh in.
(D) Totally blew it by eating like a complete doofus.
OK time's up. Pencils down.
(DING DING DING!!!!) Yes, sadly the correct answer is (D). Ugh! This is like your old Uncle Herb's favorite joke. When you were five and heard it for the first time, it was funny. After a few more times it was cute. Then it became tedious. Twenty years and 6 hint Christmas gift joke books later, ol' Uncle Herbie is still telling it like it's his next ticket to comedic stardom. Again, I say "Ugh!"
I know that "tomorrow is another day" and I know that "I can do it" and I will "hang in there". I just get frustrated with myself when I am this close and seem to blow it week after week. OK, enough grousing.
Tomorrow, it's war. For the next nine days, I will be strong! (crowd applauds) I will eat the healthiest that I have in my entire life (crowd applauds again). More fruits, more vegetables, and more of TD just being plain ol' awesome (crowd snickers). Hey crowd, stop snickering. I'm serious.
Bottom line: If I don't weigh less than 220 this Saturday, you can bet your sweet bippy that I will the following one.
OK, luv ya bye,
p.s. The word doofus is funny. I'm just saying
p.s.s. If bippies were valued by size, something (namely a mirror) tells me that if I were to bet my own sweet bippy, the U.S. treasury itself couldn't make a calling bet .
p.s.s.s. Actually, Uncle Herb's joke is kind of funny. I might use it at work sometime. Hmmm.
- I went below 220 at that Saturday's weigh-in.
- Uncle Herb's joke is still funny
- I've continued being plain ol' awesome ever since (crowd snickers again).
TD: (to crowd) Shut up, you mooks!!
Disclaimer: No bippies were bet in the making of this blog or its update :D
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
So I have a lot to sort out mentally. It seems like whenever I'm at my worst emotionally, one of my SparkFriends/Teammates taunts me with one of these. Only 25 this time. WhEEEEEEEEEE!!!
1. Do you have any pets?
* Yes, they do my taxes for me. I love cats!!
2. Name 3 things that are physically close to you.
* Existence and the quandaries that it brings in my computer.
* A metaphorical representation of my life in my possessions
3. What's the weather like right now?
* Repeat after me.....W-W-W-.-W-E-A-T-H-E-R-.-C-O-M. Good Quizzie!! Here's a cookie!!!
4. Do you drive? If so have you crashed?
* I'm glad that this one stopped at two questions. I was afraid it would start psycho-analyzing me.
5. What time did you wake up this morning?
* Who says that I did?
6. When was the last time you showered?
* Geez, skimp on the deoderant ONE morning and even the quizzes turn on you.
7. What was the last movie you saw?
* This one!!!! www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZcV1UuUzI
I don't think that was really Jackie Chan....
8. What does your last text message say?
* lik omg thz qzz r stpd =P
9. What's your ringtone?
* Picture that question being asked by a slightly tipsy girl who is really trying too hard. You'll see why I am rotfling now.
10. Have you ever been to a different country?
* Most would argue I was born on a different planet. Does that count?
11. Do you like sushi?
* More of a ska fan actually
12. Where do you buy your groceries?
* At a GROCERY STORE (Whaaaa!! Dreamer 1: Question 12? g00s3 366!!!11)
13. Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster?
* Don't need 'em. My pastor's sermons are available online in mp3 format.
14. How many siblings do you have?
* Does my cell phone count? What about the toaster?
15. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
* An IBM mainframe is arguably neither.
16. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
* As if my current age is such an irrelevancy
17. Do you wear contacts or glasses?
* No other possibilities, eh?
18. Do you color your hair?
* Yes, I color it the exact color of my natural hair. Strand by strand.
19. Tell me something you are planning to do today.
* Wonder why I filled out yet another one of these
20. When was the last time you cried?
* at the end of "ACCEPTED"
21. What is your perfect pizza topping?
* I didn't become a SparkPerson by...
22. Which do you prefer-hamburgers or cheeseburgers?
* TrentDreamer asks, "Why choose?"
23. Have you ever had an all-nighter?
*blushes* Well, I'm not "THAT kind of guy"......But if you're interested.. ;D
(This question is almost as smooth as the ringtone girl in 9)
24. What is your eye color?
* Which eye are we talking?
25. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke?
* Yes, I can! That University diploma has certainly paid for itself!
Wait a minute (records scratches to a halt). I just actually kind of answered a question. Man I'm losing my touch.
191 by 9.11!!
- TD Out!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time TRENTDREAMER Posts