Monday, August 09, 2010
Last week I went on a seminar, as a team leader, for Leadership in Sustainability. I am not going to lie. There were definitely low and high points.
- On Monday, one of the girls in my cabin blew up at me. She was upset because she couldn't leave camp and it was highly encouraged not to use our cell phones. Later I found out that I went sheet white.
- On Tuesday or Wednesday, it was found out that one of the guys was being very inappropriate and was acting like a peeping tom. Without going into all the details, I am not sure how else to explain it. It was eventually decided he had to be sent home. This was very hard for me. I feel like I met two different people.. one that I liked and one I didn't. It seriously broke my heart and I am still not okay. I really wonder if we may have misperceived some of it. I hope to talk to my counselor about it so I can find peace with it.
- On Thursday, I think it was, three girls started a rumor that another girl and the other team leader which is a guy were doing inappropriate things like sex and stuff. I can honestly say I never care to see those girls again. They don't get how they were mean and why it was like High School.
- Than on Friday, two girls went canoeing and didn't bring a watch. They thought we'd come and get them. *shakes her head* They are adults and can deal. The 38-year-old woman walked in, saw her partner presenting, said something and walked out. In essence, it was not the mature thing to do. Because she did not stay and watch the other presentations, she failed. She has a fit, much like a 5 year old but with expletives. Later on she and one of the instructors screamed at each other in the middle of camp.
-In addition to all that drama, I endured LOTS of complaining about mosquitoes, showers, or anything else they thought they could complain about. The two instructors told me that I earned my Noble Peace award.. hehe.
- I formed lasting friendships with three other people. One of the people I am quite surprised we were able to because we did not like each other when we met each other prior to the seminar.
- I have learned that I can be strong and calm when the situation called for it.
- It is nice to be friends with people that care about me rather than want to use me.
Earlier this morning, I was majorly stressed out! I woke up and had no electricity which means no shower, no breakfast, no internet. In fact, I am at the library chilling. I did run into a friend of mine and he told me that I am really slimming down and this is the second time in like a week I have been told this. I am really wondering if I could be under 190. *Cross her fingers* Time will tell, I guess!
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Tomorrow I will be going out of town. I will be on a small paid mini-vacation in the middle of nowhere. A group of students are going on a seminar for Leadership for Sustainability. I will get to go as a student worker. I will be "gopher" whenever, whatever they need. Otherwise, I have time to kayak, run, walk, read, relax, count the clouds, do whatever I'd like.. hehe. I hope to get in week 3 of C25K, campfires, smores, and lots of relaxation done!
I will be here.
I have not left.. and I will be back in exactly ONE week! That's right I will be back in town on Sunday, August 7th so please be patient as I will be returning all responses (most likely) on Monday!
See you next week!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Some days you wake up all but today is not one those days, hehe. I am all .
This morning I slept in until 10 am. In the past, I would be but not today. So, I missed a few hours.. but.. it felt amazing to sleep in. You see I sleep. Some can survive on like two hours of sleep.. I cannot. I cannot even survive on six, haha!
Anyhow, I have decided to make the best of the day.. so I knew I had to do laundry.. so I couldn't wear any of those clothes.. I dressed up! I think I look darn cute. Take a peek for yourself!
Now mind you the last time I was able to wear that skort (no, skirts for me! hehe) is when I was in High School in '04! SIX years ago! Eek! Also, I have a fond memory of wearing that skirt, feeling sexy, when my first real boyfriend was courting me. Maybe I'll just go to Wal-Mart and find myself a boyfriend! *giggles*
On other news, I was thinking about something last night as I was waiting to fall asleep. It is okay to lose only 2# a month. Yup, a month. So often we, including myself, get all wrapped up with losing #8 a month.. but what about 2# a month? I'll tell you what!
Back in March I weighed 213 and could not wear that said skort out in public.. it wasn't cute.. but than I lost about 2# a month. Now I can wear it! How exciting!
Think about it.. imagine if you for the next year lost 2# for each month so 24#.. where would you be? I would be at 172! If I decided to be a little more focused and lose 3# a month, that would put me at 160. Have you looked at my weight tracker? That is my goal weight! Eek!
So next time you get frustrated with yourself for not losing that #10 for August, smile, and focus on the 2#! We don't need to be in a hurry.. this is a journey.. enjoy it. Enjoy learning about new things about yourself in and out. Enjoy the ride. Peace out!
(Here I am having some camera fun with my new sunglasses!)
Get An Email Alert Each Time THECRAZYMANGO Posts