Thursday, June 10, 2010
Here is an assignment I had to do for my online class and thought I'd share!
PART 1: GOAL SETTING REPORT FORM – HHP 267
List Your Goals/Wishes/Desires
REMEMBER: THE MORE DETAILED THE POSITIVE, CONSISTENT DESCRIPTIONS ARE, THE SOONER THEY WILL BECOME FACT.
1. Graduate UWS with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science by June 2012.
2. Attain a Master’s Degree in Counseling.
3. In 2011, do the National Student Exchange (NSE).
4. Raise my GPA above 2.5 by Spring 2011.
5. Graduate from UWS with a 3.0 GPA
6. Get more involved on campus.
7. To speak up in my undergraduate courses for the next two years.
8. To have a good working relationship with my professors.
9. For my professors to know me as a bright, enthusiastic student.
10. To be in good standing with the University.
11. Complete two internships – one while I am on NSE and one in the Twin Ports.
12. Complete my Exercise Science internship with a race event by 2012.
13. Complete an internship with a hospital by 2016.
14. To learn how to manage my time before I do NSE.
15. To become a Team Leader for Weekend of Welcome for 2010.
1. Regularly talk to my parents and sisters.
2. Married by age 32.
3. Have a girl named Charlotte Kay after my Grandmas.
4. To have two dogs, one for each of my children.
5. To have two children.
6. To have a devoted marriage.
7. To still be in love at age 90.
8. To fit “me” time in while balancing a family.
9. Teach my children good healthy eating and fitness habits.
10. Encourage my children to do everything and be an active part in their support system.
11. To get married on a beach, near water or in the Twin Ports.
1. Develop a better relationship with God.
2. Develop a relationship with Jesus.
3. Develop a better understanding of the Bible.
4. Develop a habit of attending church on a regular basis before being married.
5. Have my children baptized.
6. Read the Bible more.
7. Pray more.
8. To be not fear the unknown spirits.
9. To listen better to God.
10. Be patient with God.
1. To visit Mi-Jung
2. To learn how to be myself with new friends by 2012.
3. To learn to let go of old friendships by 2012.
4. To learn to shine as bright as I can by 2014.
5. To find good people to be friends with.
6. To be confident in myself to date anyone I want.
7. To know my worth and to not settle on a guy that does not treat me like I am worth.
8. Accept more invitations to events without hesitation.
9. Attend more UWS campus events.
10. Embrace the NSE campus 100%!
1. Gain more networking in my field before I graduate UWS.
2. Volunteer at the local hospital to gain experience
3. During summer 2011, volunteer at Grandma’s Marathon.
4. Work at a Fitness Center as a personal trainer and instruct group exercise.
5. Work as a weight loss consultant/counselor.
6. Manage a fitness center by 2016.
7. Counsel individuals that have eating disorders by 2020.
8. Open a SparkPeople Fitness Center
9. Once I graduate, acquire careers that have good benefit such as health care.
10. To have a salary of $30,000 and more
11. To buy, fix and sell houses when I am retired.
12. To instruct computer and/ or fitness classes at a Technical College before I am 40.
13. At least once in my lifetime, plan events as a career.
14. To write an erotica novel and maybe, publish it by age 60.
15. Keep all the certifications that I earn at UWS up to date until at least age 40.
1. By 2012, have good credit.
2. To have $2500 in savings by 2016 (age 30)
3. By 2012, have my main credit card paid off in full.
4. By 2012, manage finances successfully.
5. By 2014, no longer have a loan with my parents.
6. By 2014, no longer living check to check.
1. Run one full mile without stopping on a regular basis by August 2010.
2. Run three full miles without stopping on a regular basis by October 2010.
3. Run regularly.
4. Run my first Half Marathon by May 2013.
5. Run Grandma’s Half Marathon in Duluth, MN before May 2014.
6. Run Boston Marathon in Boston, MA before I am 30 (April 2016).
7. Weigh 160 by September 2011.
8. To be considered in the normal range for my BMI.
9. To run up Bunker Hill Tower without struggle and out of breath.
10. Complete the 18-mile walk in Cable, WI in October 2010.
11. To be strong.
12. To be an expert in fitness.
13. To inspire others to lose weight and to follow in my steps.
14. To be a Sparkpeople motivator
15. To attend a Sparkpeople Convention
16. To be fit before I have children.
17. Completely run my first 5K by October 2010.
18. Become a running coach.
19. To be a size 10 or smaller on graduation day from UWS.
20. To complete a triathlon by 2020.
21. To live until age 100.
22. Run five 5Ks and place in the top three runner in at least one of them!
23. Learn how to eat a balanced meal without counting calories and overeating.
24. Celebrate reaching 100# loss.
25. Learn how to ride a bike.
26. Learn how to surf.
1. Travel to Europe by 2020.
2. Touch the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
3. Spend two weeks visiting Ireland and Scotland staying in Bed & Breakfasts.
4. Visit all 50 U.S. states in my lifetime.
5. Go to Vegas by 2016 (age 30).
6. To embrace life!
7. To love oneself!
8. Visit Germany in my lifetime.
9. Buy a house by 2016 (age 30).
10. To learn how to sail boat before 2016 (age 30).
11. To write 100 goals before I go to bed and to reach ALL of them before I die!
KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED. IF YOU STOP TO THINK ABOUT IT, IS THERE ANYTHING MORE STRESSFUL THAN NOT KNOWING WHERE YOU ARE GOING OR WHAT YOU WANT?
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Yes, another blog. I know I have gone a smidgen over board with blogging.. but I just have SO much to say, good and bad.
Today I am writing to tell you how I am at 203. For me, I was disappointed when I got on the scale. I am not sure why. The day before 202.8. And yesterday I didn't really do any formal exercise. I can't really expect changes on the scale, if I don't work at it, right?! I gotta say that this week has been quite a roller coaster with my weight - up, down, up, down. I really wanted to get closer to leaving behind the 200s.
At first I was like maybe I am at a plateau. Okay, probably not considering my weight is all over the place. I have noticed that I am getting kinda bored... with walking. Uh-oh. This is bad.. for so many reasons. Walking is one of the few exercises that I could do all the time and anywhere. With going home so often, the anywhere part is important. Also, how am I supposed to train for a 18 mile walk if I am getting bored..
Lately, I have been incorporating doing the elliptical with weight lifting. I have noticed it has a helped a little bit but still I am not excited about walking. To help deal with that, I have been trying to find new walking partners which is hit and miss.
I do know the signs of mentally plateauing so I want to deal with this.. like.. NOW! I think I should find some new trails to walk because that always freshen things up. Maybe I should have a different path for each day. I also need to incorporate different exercises into my routine. With being on a college budget, time to get creative! Some ideas so far are swimming and Group X classes. I can do this.
Besides mentally plateauing, I know I get excited, stressed, focused.. whatever you want to call it.. when I get closer to an even number. For example, 250, 240, 230, 220, 210.. and now 200 is an even bigger deal. I think it would help if I distracted myself for a while. There is a 5k at the end of the month that I am wondering if I should try to run. Right now I can run a mile if I take a two minute break in between. I am figuring if I have a new goal than I won't be so focused on the weight loss and it will just happen. Right now, I am kinda frustrated about it... probably because I want it so bad.
The good news is that next week I will be out of town all week so that kinda throws my routine out of whack with new walking times, and new walking areas. Than, I can come back and start a new routine.
As for today, I think I am going to get Unit 1 done for my online course, change my room around, and work out on the elliptical/lifting.
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
I'm not crabby anymore.. okay, that is not THE great news I am talking about but it is still pretty amazing! Walking around the mall with Heidi distracted me from well, me.. I guess I forgot to be crabby anymore. Thanks, Heidi!
Now onto THE great news.. I am going to a good friends BBQ. I was already excited about it because I have never been to his house. I planned on drinking so I was riding with a mutual friend that was going..
NOW my close friend asked me to come early and help with food. He is going to pick me up and the mutual friend is bringing me home. I can drink without worrying about driving. YAY! Okay the real reason I am excited is I get to help and feel special that he asked ME! Hehe.
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
You know that country song that the girl just wants to mad.. well, today I think I just want to be crabby, ok? I am just tired of fighting it!
I still feel kinda bummed about not getting an reply.. I just can't shake it. Grr!
Than I gained weight this morning. The rational part of my head knows that I probably had alot of sodium intake, low fiber intake, and high protein intake so honestly that means I have no BM. Still! I thought for sure I would lose weight but I gained .4# Yes, I know I am being lame.
Than I was going to go for a walk with a friend but she has an upset tummy so we canceled. I know it shouldn't but I am disappointed, I guess.
So, the plan for crabby pants, today?
Get money to do laundry.
Laundry, of course, haha.
Maybe a walk at the Lake Walk or just around here.
Meet Heidi for the first time.
Maybe workout on the elliptical.
Than who knows what..
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Yes, I know this is my second blog for the day but I had to share about my epic win! Seriously, epic!
I did not like I hoped but.. I worked out on the for 45 minutes burning around 600 calories. Usually my heart rate is around 140 and consider it pretty good if I got it up to 150. BUT today it got up to 170! I thought that was pretty good. Most days I do not do a cool down but today I thought I better to be safe! And, let me tell you, it took some time to get it back to 150 because every time I moved on the elliptical it seemed it would jump back to 160.
After I got it down to more of a normal rate, I lifted weighted. Mind you, I would lift like once a week for the last few weeks but the last two weeks I lifted weighted like 4 times at least. WIN!
After I worked out, it was around supper time and was getting super hungry. I didn't feel like eating so I asked a friend if she wanted to go to Grizzly's. Plus, I had like 3 coupons I needed to use up.. one by tomorrow, and two by the 30th!
I am seriously proud that I restrained myself so much!
I ordered water!
I got a free appetizer according to my scratch-off coupon. Hmm. This was going to be hard because I want to be healthy but I want to use my coupons and when are appetizers ever healthy? Um, never? I choose quesadillas and only ate 3! Boy, was that hard! They were delicious! Just look! The restaurant we went to has no calorie count so I borrowed it off Applebees. For one serving which I guessed to be the whole thing was 600-something. I was proud I only ate half.
If I knew they were so full, I wouldn't have ordered this huge salad. I only ate half. I estimate that to be around 600-some by another restaurant's calories.
Now the real epic thing is that right now I am around 1450 for my 1300-1700 range... and I am comfortably . WIN!
Even if the ranges are those, I still felt proud that I restrained myself and ordered rather healthy choices.
Now putting that all aside.. I do have one down side which is making me sad which I am trying to forget but.. yeah.
So you remember that boy I talked about in today's first blog.. well.. he hasn't responded to my message. I know it shouldn't but it makes sad. Yes, the message didn't require a reply but I still wanted one. I hope things won't be awkward now.. I guess that is the thing I am nervous about. I haven't seen him yet and well, we live in the same hall. I have been kind of avoiding the hall as much as I can.. haha! Anyhow.. that's that!
Let's just think about tonight's EPIC WIN!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time THECRAZYMANGO Posts