I gave a rose to someone at work and several people wondered why I did it and I think there is some jealousy there. I will try to bring roses (from my garden until the frost) for everyone in my department to see if that makes them happy. I know I cannot make all the people happy all the time.
I have done this for two weeks twice a week so far and it feels great. Unfortunately next weekthe lifeguard/attendant is going out of town for cancer treatment for his wife and the pool will be closed in the morning. I wished his wife the best results possible. My niece is gong through chemo for breast cancer now after double mastectomy about 3 weeks ago.
Reminder for everyone to get their mammograms.....
1. To make my new knee replacement last longer (lifetime?)
2. To be able to go up and down stairs with less pain.
3. To save money on fast food (how about spending none on fast foods?).
4. To look better and younger.
5. To get back in those size 14 and 16 size clothes that are too tight (again).
6. To get compliments from co-workers and friends as I get to my goal weight.
7. To live longer than I would at this weight.
8. To be able to walk further and reduce asthma symptoms.
9. To sleep better.
10. To be a good example for my family and friends.
11. To feel more energetic.
12. To buy clothes in the regular stores (again).
13. To look decent in a swimsuit (I did not say sexy or gorgeous here).
14. To be able to walk faster (now top speed is about 2.5 miles per hour on treadmill).
15. To be able to walk down 2 flights of stairs at work in case of a tornado drill or real emergency.
16. To be able to climb up the ladder at the swimming pool instead of using the stairs to get in and out.
17. To be able to walk and carry 10 lbs without needing my old lady shopping cart.
18. To save money on the excess food I have been eating.
19. To have a better attitude and feel happier than I do now.
20. To be glad I can park at the far end of the parking lot.
21. To be able to get in and out of my car without feeling like it is a major production.
22. To find other things to talk about than food and weight issues.
23. To read books about self improvement that don't include weight issues as a main focus.
24. To learn what a "normal" amount of food is and not have to write down what I am eating (this is tedious and a general nuisance).
25. To feel confident and optimistic about life in general.
Self esteem is a tricky thing. If you look in the mirror and say the things Stewart Smally says it is pretty weird if someone else can hear you. I still remember my stepfather looking in the mirror and saying what a handsome man he was and we all laughed and laughed (behind his back, of course).
Today I am going to say something nice about myself but keep it to myself....
Do something nice for someone today but see if you can't "get caught." It might bring out the play angel in you instead of the devil. This might also be fun if you are "loving your enemies," meaning doing something nice to someone you have a complaint against. Perhaps they slighted you because they were not feeling loved themselves. Perhaps wondering who is being nice to them will take their mind off feeling that way and in the long run you might make the world a nicer place. I think making the world a nicer place is what we were all sent here for.