Monday, March 09, 2009
My son pointed to my motivation poster on the wall today, drawing my attention to the "No Food Can Control Me" blurb. How did I forget that? In the midst of a personal crisis and an immense attack of guilt, I have allowed myself to slide back into old, unhealthy ways. Weighing in this morning, I saw what I already knew. A gain. 6.1lbs to be exact. So as the blog entry title states, personal crisis be damned!! I am NOT going to allow what progress I had managed to be completely destroyed. Yeah, I slid. Yeah, I feel bloody guilty and horrible about it. Time to let it ALL go. My life and my choices are my own to make, and from now on, I refuse to feel guilty over my decisions. There will always be ups and downs in life. I just need to focus on myself and find healthy outlets! There really is no great solution to be found in the bottom of a chip bag!
Monday, January 26, 2009
(Moved from main page as it will eventually get too long hehe!)
Weight Loss Progress (lbs):
05/12/08 - 300 Eeek!
05/19/08 - 293.1 (-6.9)
05/27/08 - 286.3 (-6.8)
06/02/08 - 281.8 (-4.5)
06/09/08 - 281.0 (-0.8)
06/17/08 - 278.4 (-2.6)
06/30/08 - 277.1 (-1.3)
07/07/08 - 277.1 (-0.0)
07/14/08 - 279.3 (+2.2)
07/29/08 - 275.4 (-3.9)
08/25/08 - 273.6 (-1.8)
09/15/08 - 267.2 (-6.4)
10/13/08 - 270.1 (+2.9)
10/20/08 - 270.1 (-0.0)
*yoyo-girl strikes again*
10/27/08 - 273.9 (+3.8)
11/02/08 - 271.2 (-2.7)
11/09/08 - 268.3 (-2.9)
12/30/08 - 266.3 (-2.0)
03/09/09 - 272.4 (+6.1) *sighs*
03/20/09 - 266.1 (-6.3) Back on track!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
I've been exercising hard all week, stayed within my calorie ranges, completed every New YOU Boot Camp video and challenge - so I thought I would peek early at the scale to see how well I was doing; to get that little boost you get when you see those numbers drop. But, alas! The numbers went up, not down! Usually this would send me into a downward spire; all of my bad habits resurfacing to sabotage myself even further. Instead, an epiphany occurred - that sudden intuitive leap of understanding that springs from a rather ordinary experience - like a bad sneak peak at the scales! I've decided to just lay this months weight loss into God's hands. I'm just going to trust that if I continue as I have been with doing everything correctly, that I'll see those changes I'm expecting after this month of Boot Camp. So with that thought in mind, and this will be very hard, I'm not going to take measurements or weigh in at all for the rest of this month! I'll do that when the Boot Camp is over. I guess in a way, it's also a test of my faith. Everything happens for a reason, and I have to believe that there is indeed a plan for all of us! So with that in mind, I shall continue to eat right, exercise daily, and let Coach Nicole torture me on a daily basis *grins* - all the while keeping that smile firmly fixed on my face!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Words to live by!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds &walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10.. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished_________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
Get An Email Alert Each Time TAZIAH Posts