Tuesday, November 08, 2011
seriously, since i turned 42 this past september, the last couple of months have seriously tested my mettle. therefore, i have decided to hopefully develop (and stick to) a few simple and seemingly attainable goals for the remainder of 2011. (yeah, well, just SEE how attainable they are but hey! let's try to be positive--FOCUS people!)
the overarching goal is to love myself a little bit each day in ways that matter using a combination of the following:
1. work out 5-6 days/a week EVEN if it's ONLY for 30 minutes-- this all or nothing approach i bin sportin' has been, well, in all honesty, not as effective as i would have liked--solving, well, NOthing frankly!
2. get in SOME strength training dammit (cuz it makes me feel like a SEXY badass).
3. get some sorta flexibility training (cuz it makes me feel like a sexy, LIMBER badass)
4. spend time quietly SOMEwhere doing "me" stuff--no time like the present, right?
5. shuffle my "too-old-to-pull-this allnighter-shiznit" arse off to bed at a decent hour.
6. eat a little better EVERY day--as if my life depended on it--cuz don't it?
7. even though we are no longer together--remind the person most important to me, after, well, me--that you still love them cuz it's important that they know.
sorry but that's all i got right now and guess what--thats PLENty.
Friday, November 04, 2011
1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it? yup and we're not even together anymore...
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now? OMFC-why in the WORLD would i wanna do that?
3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time? a more appropriate question might be "when wasn't i?"...
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger? i've made that mistake plenty of times in the past--see no point in stopping now...
5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are? NOPE
6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today? C'mere by Interpol www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaDw4CAcXVE
7. What exactly are you wearing right now? white tshirt, grey sweat capris, a black bandana and a black hooded sweat jacket
8. How often do you listen to music? damn near everyday
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more? depends on my mood
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2012? YEP--already has--new car, new job and soon a new place to live. i'd say that's pretty f*qing dramatic wouldn't you.
11. Are you a social or an antisocial person? well, if this survey is any indication...
12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’? yeah--a lifetime ago. hafta say, he was one of THE best kissers though.
13. What about ‘R’? yeah, most recently
14. Can you drive a stick shift? you're talking about in a car right?
15. Do you care if people talk badly about you? Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. -- Sun-tzu, Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)
16. Are you going out of town soon? nah
17. When was the last time you cried? last night
18. Have you ever told a boy you loved them? mhmm, coupla times
19. If you could change your eye color, would you? sure, why not
20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for? there WAS
21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having. the weather--it matches my mood--gray
22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead? depends on the context
23. Are you dating the last person you talked to? not even close
24. What are you sitting on right now? besides my ass--a futon
25. Does anyone regularly tell you they love you? yes
26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have? is this a rhetorical question?
27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night? a friend
28. Do you get a lot of colds? used to
29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from? hanes-target
30. Does anyone hate you? hate? maybe a little, if he was being honest.
31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room? not anymore--trashday.
32. Do you like watching scary movies? i reckon i do.
33. Do you want your tongue pierced? uh, no.
34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be? 1994
35. Did you have a dream last night? unfortunately
36. When was the last time you told a boy you loved them? two days ago
37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years? given my current circumstances, prob'ly not.
38. Do you think someone has feelings for you? yes
39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now? yeah
40. Did you have a good day yesterday? surprisingly, yes
41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship? barely
42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl? does it count if you'll be alone and just so happen to BE a girl?
43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you? yeah and we see how well THAT worked out...
44. What’s the best part about school? that i had the balls to finish
45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook? :-D
46. Do you workout? it's been a few days
47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head? yup, it's sick i know...
48. Were you single over the last summer? nope
49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago? "not even close, pal." (bonus points if you can guess what movie that line is from.
50. What are you supposed to be doing right now? working, which i am kinda, sorta...
51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with? ahhh, the life teenager. must be on a different time continuum.
52. Are you nice to everyone? at least initially, until they give me a reason NOT to be.
53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to? yeah, hate when that shiznit sneaks up on you.
54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat? 's been done.
55. Are you good at hiding your feelings? as i got older i began to give a sh*t about this less and less.
56. Do you think you like someone? what is this--HIGHschool? oh wait...
57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? yeahhhhhh....like forever ago.
58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys? people
59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry? at MY age? along with a whole host of other sh*t too.
60. Do you hate anyone? boy DO i?!
61. How’s your heart? are you asking that cuz i'm old?
62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about? how much time you got?
63. Have you ever cried over a guy? what women hasn't?
64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now? former supervisor
65. Are your toenails painted pink? i'm not a huge fan of nail polish
66. Will your next kiss be a mistake? very likely
67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct? i'm just gonna ignore this one...
68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public? i decline to state on the grounds that i may incriminate myself
69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with? a prospective grad student
70. How do you look right now?
71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around? i have several
72. Can you commit to one person? i have
73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to? yeah
74. Have you ever felt replaced? yep and probably will again in the future.
75. Did you wake up cranky? yes
76. Are you a jealous person? hardly
77. Are relationships ever worth it? given my current circumstances, i'm not in a position to be objective. can we come back to this one in say, 6 months?
78. Anyone you’re giving up on? geez, i try not to look at in those terms.
79. Currently wanting to see anyone? kinda
80. Name something you have to do tomorrow? pack
81. Last person you cried in front of? the Pope
82. Is there someone you will never forget? i remember them all.
83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you? hmmm...define "protective". LOL
84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now? *crickets* this is a family show is it not?
85. Are you over your past? can you be more specific?
86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex? briefly
87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to? yes
88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept? maybe but since i haven't seen them in 25 years so it's hard to say
89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in? uh, since we live together, i'm guessing they'll just use their key
90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated? no but i have liked someone where my friends asked "why"
91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months? i don't imagine so
92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael? it IS quite a common name you know.
93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew? i think his name was matt. LOL
94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going? i think we covered this one already...
95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March? AND this one.
96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive? i think so.
97. Who do you have texts from? i'll never tell
98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say? what COULD i say?
99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you? does one year count?
100. Who’s in your profile picture with you? a "no whining" sticker
101. Ever kissed under fireworks? mhmmm
102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies? yep--it's either that or indigestion...
Monday, October 03, 2011
1. Between now and Friday Night, aim for (not necessarily have to MEET just AIM for) 3 hours of ST (that's approximately 36 minutes per day - on the HIGH end of your goal.) Try to reach a minimum of 2 hours though (which is about 24 minutes per day).
2. This week, do your FAVORITE ST routines and keep it as not boring as possible.
3. Its a new month and you still have FOUR WEEKS to make a visible change in your body, which is far more posible than you realise! Start October off, not just with a bang, but with a postive attitude.
4. Repeat #3.
5. Between Saturday morning and Sunday night, see how many minutes you can rack up, working on any kind of exercise flex/cardio/strength) and see if you can add them up to a number that you are stupid proud to announce on Monday.
6. *BONUS* See if you can surprise yourself, somehow, this week.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
well, last week was full of changes--some good, some not so much. in one week i got a new job (well, was offered one anyway) AND a new car. in the "not so much" category, my BEST friend (and significant other of 15 years--the bloke wearing the pope's miter on my sparkpage--he drew that cartoon of himself) and i have decided to call it "quits". talk about one of the most difficult things i've EVER had to do...and if you think that because it was "mutual" that made it easier, think again. i'm sick just thinking about it. and FOOD--what's that?! my diet over the weekend was LESS than stellar and certainly didn't offer enough nutritional value to eek out a run this past weekend let alone a strength training workout. ALL of this on the VERY eve of not only my birthday (this past sunday, 9/25) but his as well (October 1st--he'll be 40).
in the midst of all the hurt and sadness, it's hard not to feel all sorts of regrets--"i wish...", "i shoulda...", "if only..." on both our parts--not to mention the massive feelings of failure--talk about your mindf*cks and a half. this was my FIRST serious relationship and right now, it feels like i'll never love like this again. (or sadly, that i'll ever want to.) presently, i am trying NOT to get mired in the depression and numbness that we all know is par for the course when it comes to these types of life changing events. truth be told, in a lotta ways, i am MORE worried about him than me. i have a huge support network whereas his is much, MUCH smaller. he's currently estranged from his one sibling, most of his friends were mine before we got together and to top it all off, his parents, with whom we're both close, are now moving outta state. oh, he has a coupla close male friends but they never see each other--besides, i could be wrong but i don't think guys support each other in the same way we women do. to say i am worried about this terribly sensitive man is the understatement of the year.
SOOOO...in the meantime, i will go through the motions until it aches less and less. i hope to be able to salvage my friendship with him which in all honesty, i would miss more than ANYthing.
Life is relationships; the rest is just details. - Gary Smalley
p.s. i'm-a go now and see 'bout getting in a run....hmm...who would thunk it 2 months ago--ME--"getting in a run". someone PLEASE wake me when the pain stops.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
THIS is the official PMP Webpage in case this challenge gets its plug pulled:
PIMP MY (P)RIDE PRIVATE CHALLENGE TEAM: teams.sparkpeople.com/pimp-my-pride&gcode=
1. By the end of Thursday, September 15, you are challenged to do 2 HOURS OF STRENGTH TRAINING OVER 4 DAYS. This can be broken down to two sets of 15 minutes per day, which ANYONE can make time for if they want to. Between Friday and Sunday night, clock AN ADDITIONAL HOUR. That's 20 minutes on Friday, 20 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. THis is the minimum I expect you to spend on strength training if you are serious about changing your body and health.
No it will not be easy, THAT is why it is called a challenge. If I told you that you had until the end of the week to do 15 minutes total of free weights, it would be so ridiculously easy, that it wouldnt do much for your body.
You can do more than one muscle group OR you can concentrate on just one group for the entire two hours AS LONG AS YOU TAKE REST DAYS BETWEEN THOSE WORKOUTS SO YOUR BODY CAN HEAL AND GROW AND BE MORE EFFICIENT.
**no die hard stupidity please. It is best that you do not work out your arms for two hours tonight just to get it out of the way, esp if you have not been following an ST plan for an established amount of time yet**
2. WRITE ON YOUR CALENDAR/CHART/WHATEVER WHICH GROUPS YOU WORKOUT AND FOR HOW LONG YOU WORKED THEM OUT.
You will need to look back on this next week. You will need to see how often you work each group. You will need to do this so you can learn to keep balance.
3. MUSCLE FAILURE CHALLENGE. Before Sunday, September 19th, pick !!ONE!! of the exercises from your starting line (pushups, situps, planks, squats, etc) and, instead of seeing how many reps you can do in one minute, I want you to (going SLOW and keeping proper form) see how many reps (or in the case of a plank, how many minutes:seconds) you can do before you reach muscle failure and have to stop. I am giving you until Sunday to do this so that it will not interfere with any of your ST sessions unless you want to count it as part of your 2 hour challenge.
4. Take this week to finish getting measurements or taking pictures if you need to!
5. BONUS! Take pictures of your sweaty workout afterglows, of your healthy beautiful food, or how you spend your rest day doing happy active things!
Get An Email Alert Each Time TAYGRL Posts