Monday, March 19, 2012
It's the funniest thing but it just dawned on me... all this time I have been alittle frustrated about things but I just realized what I have been frustrated about is a Blessing in disguise. Okay when I say I have been frustrated about things well I have been about several things.. as many of you I have been about losing weight, about trying to figure out what to eat, what works for me and how to balance it all out. ( How much to eat, what to eat, how much to work out, what kinds of workouts... Ect) But the one I am speaking about right now is finances... work has been slow so with that comes no extra money to do things... can't go out of town and see my family and such... and all tho I do miss them I just realized in some ways it is a blessing! Okay I know right about now your going.. HOW is that a blessing NOT seeing your family... well let me explain... to me how this comes out as a blessing is at this point in my life and life style change I m still getting the hang of things with eating and working out and when I go to see the family I tend to eat well any and everything... one because I don't want them to make a fuss over me, (making foods they wouldn't normally eat... And normally I would just say lets go out to eat so I could choose whats better for me and they still get what they want... BUT with no extra money you can't really do that. Also I don't ever seem to drink like I should one because its an almost 3 hour drive and I HATE HATE HATE Public bathrooms... I would rather go in the woods.. I hate them so much!! lol And like most of you when I drink like I should I pee all day long. Then there's the matter of exercise.. I do my best to stay active while there but tend to go with the flow of things and normally we just hang out and talk... not really burning any calories lol anyways so you see I get derailed and with still getting the hang of things its still hard to get derailed and get back on track so to speak. So Today I realized that it is just that a Blessing in Disguise!!
Now I don't mean to say that my family's not important enough or anything... I am just saying I am looking at the positive side to this... because with my finances being the way they are right now I couldn't go see them even if I wanted too. & I do But, well you get the picture right?
Also there is more to the story but I am leaving it out because I m not trying to complain about my life or my finances. I am TRULY BLESSED, I have 2 wonderful, amazing little girls and an Amazing Loving Husband. A wonderful family. We are all healthy. We have A house to live in, clothes on our backs, My bills are getting paid and we have everything we need. And so much more. I feel VERY BLESSED and I am VERY THANKFUL!! God truly has been good to us!! And I THANK GOD Everyday!
As I always say.. Things Could Always be worse!! Be happy about what you do have!!! Don't always go looking at what you don't have!
Thanks for reading! I wish you all a Blessed Day/ Week/Month ect!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
I m one happy little chick a dee today. Why you ask? Well the scales is moving in the right direction for one!! I've finally making progress with eating less calories... for the longest it was hard.. it seemed I liked food more lol Still could eat less than what I m doing, but as I have found it takes time getting your body use to it. But for now I am happy with staying in between 1500-1600 calories atleast 5 -6 days a week... I do let myself have a cheat day to hit about 2000 calories But only once a week... & I have been doing my best to stay busy all day weather its working out, playing with the kiddos or cleaning house, lawn care, shopping whatever... just busy lol Also I have worked myself up to 12 sometimes 14 glasses of water a day.. also took time to do so but I m there!! Anyways I am finding that IT ALL takes time... not just the weight loss but the steps it takes to get there. NOT that I m saying I am THERE... oh no my friends I have along ways to go BUT I do believe I will be celebrating the over all total of 90lbs gone since Oct of 2010.
I also just broke down and ordered me some new work out clothes,,, the ones I was using were just getting to baggie! I have been doing my best NOT to buy anything because I have so much to lose and want to spend it all on the cute stuff lol but I figured the workout clothes I need! And yes when the others just won't stay up anymore I will get some more... so don't want to scare the mess out of anyone with this naked body lol
Oh and I did get my blood results back and GET this... even after at that point of having the test done... it had been about 8 months of watching my cholesterol, and everything but some how it all went up buy like 2 points... not that that's horrible I know but I mean REALLY?! So my cholesterol is 216!
I am at a loss for words.. all I can do it keep working on it!
Okay so I've went on long enough all I m gonna say now is Thanks for reading and I WISH YOU all the BEST!!!!!!
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Hello to all that reads this!! This is just a blog about things that are helping me along the way... to maybe help anyone out there as well as serve as a reminder for me!
So Today's blog is all about what has and or is helping me in this weight loss journey/ life style change!!
1. First off............Of course would have to be this website Spark People! Had been a HUGE help to me!! ( The trackers, the info, the recipes, blogs, ect)
2. Would have to be all the WONDERFUL Sparkers I have met and am still meeting along the way. You all have and do help so much!!!! Much Thanks to you all!!! Much Love and Respect to you all!!!!
3. Drinking tons of water!! Which helps in so many ways... as most of us all know.. it helps flush out toxins, helps in some ways to energize us, helps fills us up when we think we are hungry, keeps us hydrated! Ect. ect.
my water of choice.. good ole Aqua Fina lol
4. Food Tracker... is a Huge Help... Keeps me in line! lol It has been helpful in many ways.
5. This will give you a laugh, I know the name of it and picture are kinda funny but works wonders!!! What might you ask is this... lol well it is Anti Friction powder/ sweat absorber!
6. Eating Lots of fruits and Veggies! Exchanging theses for the non helpful cookies, and junk food.
7. Having a since of humor and NOT being so hard on myself helps!!!
8. Having a Cheat meal... also helps.. when kept in moderation!
9. Knowing that if today or yesterday was not so good.. no big deal just make TODAY better and KEEP going don't dwell on it!!
10. Bloggin helps also for many reasons, helps serve as reminders for ourselves. Can be helpful to others, also sometimes helps us vent, helps us get to know one another alittle more... I could go on but I m sure you all know how it can be helpful!!
11. Taking alittle time for myself.. NOT ONLY to work out But to just breath.. read, relax, beautify ect...
12. Waist Trimmer Belt.. NOT a miracle cure.. but just helps you to sweat!!
13. Also Not a Miracle cure or anything but seems to help alittle.. a cheap magnetic bracelet I bought at Walgreen's just to try it out... it was like $3.00... yep cheap.. but it seems to help with having energy.
14. .. getting atleast 7 to 8 hours every night and staying on a sleep schedule is a HUGE help!!!
15. And ofcourse working out!!! LOL I do Strength training 3 days a week and Cardio 6 days a week... most weeks!!
Okay so that is just a few things that are on my mind as of right now that have helped and is helping me! I hope it may be helpful to you as well. I know most of theses things are things you all know about but I am putting them to serve as a reminder to myself as well.
Also SP and all my Spark Friends are... I would say the MOST Helpful tools I have found!!! YOU all ROCK!!!!!!!!! ( Not that I mean to say any of you are tools ... That so not what I mean!!! I just mean you all have been the BEST HELP of all!!!!!
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Okay my friends so for the first time in 7 years I am out of the 300's... ok so only by a couple of lbs.. but I am out and not looking to ever go back!!!
my highest weight.. 383lbs
today's weight 298.5lbs
Me... Very happy about it!!! Sure I did alittle dance lol another -8.5lbs & I will be at the weight I was when my hubby and I got married. Anything after that is a Huge Bonus because I have ALWAYS been over weight!
So off the reset my goals and clean house and then workout!
Best wishes to you all for a Great weekend!
Get An Email Alert Each Time TARAFROMTX1 Posts